Unraid and USB Hub

So I have a question about unraid and USB Hubs.

Does unraid play nice with USB hubs?  The reason I ask is that I have my unraid tower in the basement and I ran a single usb cable to my first floor where I have a 7 port hub.  This hub has my unraid keyboard and mouse plugged into it.  If I pull the usb keyboard or mouse out...they stop working and plugging them in does nothing and I have to reboot my unraid server.  This also happens on a power outage...unraid Tower is on a UPS but the usb hub is not...see the attached diagnostics in the syslog at 06:35am on 8/7/2016 you will see an entry about a power outage followed by the usb not being able to reset.  Here is a snippet from the syslog...this repeats until I reboot the server:

Aug  7 06:35:42 Tower apcupsd[24366]: Power failure.
Aug  7 06:35:43 Tower kernel: usb 3-9.1.4-port2: cannot reset (err = -71)
Aug  7 06:35:43 Tower kernel: usb 3-9.1.4-port2: Cannot enable. Maybe the USB cable is bad?

Is this normal behavior and maybe I should eliminate the USB hub...or could it be that I should try a new USB hub? 

Let me know any thoughts you may have.

Thanks,

Dan

modified to add code snippet to make it easier for people to see what is going on in syslog.

tower-diagnostics-20160807-0723.zip

Good point I can try this.  Should have mentioned in original post that USB cable is only 6 feet long.  So I take it you have devices plugged into a hub???  I just wasn't sure if devices needed to be present when unraid booted and by losing power the only way to reconnect them was through a reboot.