Non Array OR cache drive for VM ????

I have searched but unable to see if possible OR is yes, how it is done. 

I want to keep a separate SSD drive dedicated fully for one or two VM.  I know I can use the cache drive but rather keep them separate.  I also don't want t ouse the array as rather use SSD speed.

However, unable to find how to do this . Any help appreciated it - driving me nuts

Several ways to do it:

(1) You can use Unassigned Device plugin and put the vdisk(s) on the unassigned ssd. That would work for multiple VMs. This is the easiest method but relatively higher overhead in theory.

(2) Alternatively, you can pass through the scsi bus of the ssd to the VM. This will only work with 1 VM, not too difficult to do and middle of the pack in term of theoretical overhead.

(3a) Or you can get a sata card and pass through the entire controller to the VM. Only work with 1 VM, more difficult to do (e.g. IOMMU group, sata  card firmware flashing etc.) but has the lowest relative theoretical overhead (assuming you have a good controller).

(3b) If you have a PCIe SSD (e.g. Intel 750), then you can pass through the entire PCIe to the VM (similar to how you would pass through a GPU). Only work with 1 VM. This is just a variation of (3a) but is actually easier in my testing (cuz my SATA card wasn't too happy with unRAID).