Slack Notifications

On 4/29/2017 at 11:50 PM, Squid said:

Make the changes again.

Then from the command prompt:

cp /usr/local/emhttp/webGui/include/NotificationAgents.xml /boot/NotificationAgents.xml

Then add a user script (set to run at array start) composed of

cp /boot/NotificationAgents.xml /usr/local/emhttp/webGui/include/NotificationAgents.xml

But, bear in mind that should LT incorporate Slack notifications in a future release of unRaid, then you're effectively overwriting their changes with yours.  (Generally, its not recommended to overwrite system files unless you are aware of the consequences)

This is so easy with the new Gui for user.scripts :-) No need to drop to command line.

@jrdnlc It's in my quoted message. It's just a one liner - the line that @Squid posted.

I was just indicating that you don't even have to drop to command line for creating a new script, after the introduction of the latest version of User.scripts plugin. Everything can be handled in the unRAID UI.

Edited by thomast_88
  • 3 weeks later...

So... still no word on whether we can get this as a built-in feature in Notifications?

Yes, it's fairly easy to setup, but even with User.scripts helping "automate" the process, it still has to be done after every version upgrade with potential for overwriting any new changes to the NotificationAgents.xml that we don't know about.  It would be much better just to have the changes incorporated directly in the official releases.

I mean I'd argue that Slack has many more users these days than some of the official Notification options like pushbullet or join.

7 minutes ago, bonienl said:

Can somebody supply me the latest version of the XML which works with slack notifications?

I've attached a redacted version of my NotificationAgents.xml and the slack.png I used.

Note that it wouldn't work unless I specified an actual webook URL in the XML's default value rather than relying on the form.

NotificationAgents.xml

slack.png

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...