spants

[SUPPORT] pihole for unRaid - Spants repo

133 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, jrdnlc said:

 

Sorry, been busy with work. I'll give it a try today and report back later tonight.

 

Anyone make a script to be able to clear the logs using the users script plugin?

 

 

try this, it sets the password for the GUI as well (which seems to randomly reset itself)

 

#!/bin/bash
DOCKER_NAME=pihole
PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin


#          Download any updates from the adlists
docker exec $DOCKER_NAME pihole updateGravity > /dev/null

# Pi-hole: Update the Web interface shortly after gravity runs
#          This should also update the version number if it is changed in the dashboard repo
#docker exec $DOCKER_NAME pihole updateDashboard > /dev/null

# Pi-hole: Parse the log file before it is flushed and save the stats to a database
#          This will be used for a historical view of your Pi-hole's performance
#docker exec $DOCKER_NAME dailyLog.sh # note: this is outdated > /dev/null

# Pi-hole: Flush the log daily at 11:58 so it doesn't get out of control
#          Stats will be viewable in the Web interface thanks to the cron job above
docker exec $DOCKER_NAME  pihole flush > /dev/null

# updates password for docker gui
docker exec $DOCKER_NAME  pihole -a -p newpassword

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome job on the docker, installed it yesterday. General question for pi-hole I was hoping someone could answer. Been searching the internet but haven't found an answer. Its doing its job with blocking ads but on sooooo many sites i am getting log in pops ups. Is the only thing i can do is add each one to a whitelist? I added 20 yesterday and not even close to being done. It seems like its more trouble then its worth unless i want to spend a week going through sites and adding their ad servers and such to the whitelist.

 

Thanks

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mgworek said:

Awesome job on the docker, installed it yesterday. General question for pi-hole I was hoping someone could answer. Been searching the internet but haven't found an answer. Its doing its job with blocking ads but on sooooo many sites i am getting log in pops ups. Is the only thing i can do is add each one to a whitelist? I added 20 yesterday and not even close to being done. It seems like its more trouble then its worth unless i want to spend a week going through sites and adding their ad servers and such to the whitelist.

 

Thanks

 

 

 

Make sure that you add them to the blacklist - not the whitelist!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What other services run on port 53? I can't get the docker to run because it's saying 0.0.0.0:53 bind address is already in use.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jrdnlc said:

What other services run on port 53? I can't get the docker to run because it's saying 0.0.0.0:53 bind address is already in use.

see this post for a resolution... seems to be kvm.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, spants said:

see this post for a resolution... seems to be kvm.

 

 Is this the only fix? I rather just change the KVM port to something else.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jrdnlc said:

 Is this the only fix? I rather just change the KVM port to something else.

 

you cant change ports. DNS is port 53. The kvm system also uses port 53 dns which is why you have to do as the "fix" says.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also had success with that link above and wanted to confirm that utilizing a second NIC works to clear up the port binding issues.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

Copyright © 2005-2017 Lime Technology, Inc. unRAID® is a registered trademark of Lime Technology, Inc.