Intel Atom “Avoton” server processors - Mainboard for NAS !

piotrasd

Gigabyte MA10-ST0 motherboard main specifications:Intel_Atom_C3000

SoC – Intel Atom C3000 “Denverton” processor with 4 to 16 cores @ 1.8 GHz; QKP2 code; 14nm process

System Memory – 4x RDIMM/UDIMM slots for DDR4 @ 2400 MHz

Storage – 4x SATA 3.0 breakout ports supporting up to 16 drives (8x shared with PCIe slot); 32GB eMMC flash

Video Output – VGA

Connectivity – 2x 10GbE SFP+ ports; 2x Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 ports (via Intel I210); 1x extra RJ45 port (for management?)

USB – 2x USB 2.0 host ports

Expansion – 1x PCIe 3.0 x8 slot

Misc – Aspeed AST2400 board management controller

Power Supply – ATX connector

Dimensions – 170 x 170 mm (Mini-ITX form factor)

Intel_Atom_Denverton_Motherboard.jpg

here more:

http://www.cnx-software.com/2016/07/16/intel-atom-c3000-denverton-processor-targets-low-power-servers/

I don't see an additional controller, so I'm assuming all the SATAs and 10G is in the SOC?

Storage – 4x SATA 3.0 breakout ports supporting up to 16 drives (8x shared with PCIe slot); 32GB eMMC flash

Shared with PCIE port ... im suppose chip could be from other side of mainboard and i can only suppose that will some LSI

anyway 16 HDD sounds great ! :)

PS. im also checked spec. detail. old one Avaton Atom on intel site and they write support 2x SATA 3.0

but for C2750 .....

• 3 weeks later...

Not familiar at all with the Atom Server line. For basic usage (Plex streams and a few Dockers) what type of performance would you expect?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have an Avoton board in my backup server. On occasion when I have had to use it as a fallback, it streams multiple HD video sources simultaneously via an Emby Docker or over SMB just fine. I also run an OpenVPN-AS docker and a W10 VM (to manage my backups) and the server performs just fine. I don't transcode though, is this something you need to do?