unRAID OS Version:

Unraid: 6.2.0-rc2

Model: Custom

M/B: ASRock - N3700-ITX

CPU: Intel® Pentium® CPU N3700 @ 1.60GHz

HVM: Enabled

IOMMU: Disabled

Cache: 224 kB, 2048 kB

Memory: 8 GB (max. installable capacity 8 GB)

Network: eth0: 1000 Mb/s, full duplex, mtu 1500

Kernel: Linux 4.4.15-unRAID x86_64

OpenSSL: 1.0.2h

Description:

Docker will not start because img file is in use

How to reproduce:

Everytime I try to start the NAS or if I enable docker in the settings

Expected results:

Docker and Container will start

Actual results:

Nothing starts

Other information:

Error Log:

Jul 21 22:27:47 Tower emhttp: shcmd (233): /etc/rc.d/rc.docker start |& logger
Jul 21 22:27:48 Tower root: starting docker ...
Jul 21 22:27:49 Tower emhttp: shcmd (246): set -o pipefail ; /usr/local/sbin/mount_image '/mnt/cache/docker.img' /var/lib/docker 10 |& logger
Jul 21 22:27:49 Tower root: /mnt/cache/docker.img is in-use, cannot mount
Jul 21 22:27:49 Tower emhttp: shcmd: shcmd (246): exit status: 1

docker.log = time="2016-07-22T17:28:16.426130120+02:00" level=fatal msg="Error starting daemon: chmod /var/lib/docker: no space left on device"

df = /dev/loop0      10G  7.6G  2.3G  78% /var/lib/docker

tower-diagnostics-20160722-1547.zip

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Knew somebody would have the info readily available didn't have time myself to search for it - sorry.

I'm just glad you mentioned it ... not sure I'd have thought about dropping down a level in SMB.  I easily found the registry mod to do it in Windows, but definitely preferred to make the change on the UnRAID box, since it's the only one that has that issue.

thanks for this info.  I'll give it a try.

curious though are you losing anything downgrading to lower version?  what does the newer SMB bring?  security or speed improvements?

thanks

quick update - I tried this in smb extra settings (see attached screenshot). No luck - still not seeing Unraid in windows 10 network.  I rebooted both the unraid server and windows 10 PC after applying the new setting.

any ideas?

thanks

smb.PNG.e45939068bfd2e1d239690590b898ec3.PNG

Is it just me or has the ability to switch to alternate consoles been dropped since unRAID added a GUI mode?  I was fairly sure I used 6.0 with an alternate console (Alt-F2, Alt-F3, etc...) but not sure about 6.1.

It's still available, try Ctrl-Alt-F1 through F6.  Ctrl-Alt-F7 to go back to GUI desktop if you booted in that mode.

Is it just me or has the ability to switch to alternate consoles been dropped since unRAID added a GUI mode?  I was fairly sure I used 6.0 with an alternate console (Alt-F2, Alt-F3, etc...) but not sure about 6.1.

It's still available, try Ctrl-Alt-F1 through F6.  Ctrl-Alt-F7 to go back to GUI desktop if you booted in that mode.

I'm using IPMI if that makes a difference but Ctrl-Alt-F2 doesn't appear to work either.  Makes me wonder if my Laptop is messing it up some how.  Will keep trying things since I know it should be there now.  Thanks.

I'm using IPMI if that makes a difference but Ctrl-Alt-F2 doesn't appear to work either.  Makes me wonder if my Laptop is messing it up some how.  Will keep trying things since I know it should be there now.  Thanks.

OK got it to switch.  Just seems to take a lot longer now.  Also may have adjusted my IPMI session that affected it.  Like "Hold left CNTL key" checked along with "Hold left ALT key" then pressing F2.  Will experiment some more.

OK got it to switch.  Just seems to take a lot longer now.  Also may have adjusted my IPMI session that affected it.  Like "Hold left CNTL key" checked along with "Hold left ALT key" then pressing F2.  Will experiment some more.

Appears I have to use the IPMI settings of "Hold left ALT key" with or without "Hold left CNTL key" now - so was just me apparently.  Thanks.

Reckon much will change between this and release? Tempted to upgrade now...

It's a release candidate, so other than bug fixes, it theoretically should stay the same. That said, there were some pretty major changes that were made after it went to RC status, so it's tough to say where those changes will land, either baked into the final, or reverted back out. There is some contention over whether docker appdata must live on a specific disk or can use a relative user location. Either option have things they help and things they break, so I think the effort right now is to figure out a way to make relative user locations work for all dockers.

The only other reasons to wait would be

a. Documentation - final docs and migration instructions won't settle until after the release goes final

b. Offline usage - trials, beta's and RC's require internet connectivity to start the array. Final release should start without an active internet connection as long as you have a valid license.

Disclaimer: I do not work for or have inside knowledge from Limetech. This is just my opinions from observation and long experience.

There is some contention over whether docker appdata must live on a specific disk or can use a relative user location. Either option have things they help and things they break, so I think the effort right now is to figure out a way to make relative user locations work for all dockers.

TBH, there is no contention on this point.  appdata must reside on a disk share (be that /mnt/cache or /mnt/disk)  Since the support of hardlinks on user shares is right now *experimental*  and I wouldn't think that the particular feature would be stable come 6.2 final.  My thoughts.

There is some contention over whether docker appdata must live on a specific disk or can use a relative user location. Either option have things they help and things they break, so I think the effort right now is to figure out a way to make relative user locations work for all dockers.

TBH, there is no contention on this point.  appdata must reside on a disk share (be that /mnt/cache or /mnt/disk)  Since the support of hardlinks on user shares is right now *experimental*  and I wouldn't think that the particular feature would be stable come 6.2 final.  My thoughts.

Yeah, I was trying to be diplomatic about Limetech's insistence on using /mnt/user/appdata.

Hello guys

Has 9p sharing been removed? Nevermind - the update just corrupted my vm xml - Removed the definition and recreated it with the template.

Another thing is that stopped working after update from 6.1.9 - 6.2-rc2 is where you can keep docker.img

I use ZFS and keep my docker.img at /SSD/Docker/docker.img but that gives me this error:

Unraid root: no image mounted at /var/lib/docker

I moved the folder to /mnt/Docker/docker.img and that works so I guess there is somewhere a hardcoded refrence that docker.img should be within /mnt/*

Please fix this for the final release :)

I assume the reason for the hard coded /mnt/* is so the docker.img doesn't end up in ram. Why can't you mount your disk at /mnt/SSD/Docker?

Hello guys

Has 9p sharing been removed? Nevermind - the update just corrupted my vm xml - Removed the definition and recreated it with the template.

Another thing is that stopped working after update from 6.1.9 - 6.2-rc2 is where you can keep docker.img

I use ZFS and keep my docker.img at /SSD/Docker/docker.img but that gives me this error:

I moved the folder to /mnt/Docker/docker.img and that works so I guess there is somewhere a hardcoded refrence that docker.img should be within /mnt/*

I assume the reason for the hard coded /mnt/* is so the docker.img doesn't end up in ram. Why can't you mount your disk at /mnt/SSD/Docker?

I did that, but the other way is cleaner imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello guys

I don't expect this will be "fixed" for the final release, since it is not a bug. unRAID runs in RAM, and any location that is not in /mnt (the drives) or /boot (the flash drive) is in RAM.

Hello guys

I don't expect this will be "fixed" for the final release, since it is not a bug. unRAID runs in RAM, and any location that is not in /mnt (the drives) or /boot (the flash drive) is in RAM.

good point. I will change my mount points then :)

Reckon much will change between this and release? Tempted to upgrade now...

It's a release candidate, so other than bug fixes, it theoretically should stay the same. That said, there were some pretty major changes that were made after it went to RC status, so it's tough to say where those changes will land, either baked into the final, or reverted back out. There is some contention over whether docker appdata must live on a specific disk or can use a relative user location. Either option have things they help and things they break, so I think the effort right now is to figure out a way to make relative user locations work for all dockers.

The only other reasons to wait would be

a. Documentation - final docs and migration instructions won't settle until after the release goes final

b. Offline usage - trials, beta's and RC's require internet connectivity to start the array. Final release should start without an active internet connection as long as you have a valid license.

Disclaimer: I do not work for or have inside knowledge from Limetech. This is just my opinions from observation and long experience.

Thanks for the input, useful stuff :)

It's just I'm itching to upgrade so I can setup my VM again

Upgrade from 6.1.7 to 6.1.9 broke my VM (and maybe my dockers) so I thought screw it, upgrade to 6.2 (beta 21) and go from there. After much screwing around trying to fix my VM, reverting back to 6.1.9 (tried 6.1.7, nope, didn't work) I gave up. So I'm just waiting for the 6.2 final so I can start my VM from scratch

Hi,

hate to dredge the windows 10 SMB issue back up again but  I still can't get it to work (unraid not visible in windows 10 network).

in addition to trying the fix mentioned here (adding max protocol = SMB2_02 into my smb conf) I also tried

--changing server name to all caps (a post on microsoft tech support site around case sensitive issues) - did not work

--a suggestion to make something like the router the master browser, and disable it on unraid.  Trying that now but so far no luck getting the asus  RT-68 to be master browser

any other ideas welcome.  I guess most do not have this issue or have just learned to live with it.

thanks

I have followed the upgrade guidance and disabled autostart of the VM. Upgrade went smoothly, but something still went wrong. Unfortunately, the VM tab no longer exist and I cannot make the post-upgrade changes to the VM.

Diagnostic attached. Any help appreciated!

Got the VM tab to show up again after enabling user shares. I'd prefer not to enable user shares, so hope there is another issue to fix this?

Also, even with this workaround, I still face issues with the VM. While it works, I cannot access the internet ("unidentified network - no internet"). Any idea what I need to activate to get this working again? I think this may have something to do with the new requirement in 6.2 to "stubbing and assigning PCI devices. So, I added the ethernet card, but without success. Below the list of other PCI devices:

00:00.0 Host bridge [0600]: Intel Corporation Xeon E3-1200 v2/3rd Gen Core processor DRAM Controller [8086:0150] (rev 09)

00:01.0 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation Xeon E3-1200 v2/3rd Gen Core processor PCI Express Root Port [8086:0151] (rev 09)

00:01.1 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation Xeon E3-1200 v2/3rd Gen Core processor PCI Express Root Port [8086:0155] (rev 09)

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Intel Corporation Xeon E3-1200 v2/3rd Gen Core processor Graphics Controller [8086:0152] (rev 09)

00:14.0 USB controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family USB xHCI Host Controller [8086:1e31] (rev 04)

00:16.0 Communication controller [0780]: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family MEI Controller #1 [8086:1e3a] (rev 04)

00:19.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Intel Corporation 82579V Gigabit Network Connection [8086:1503] (rev 04)

00:1a.0 USB controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller #2 [8086:1e2d] (rev 04)

00:1b.0 Audio device [0403]: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family High Definition Audio Controller [8086:1e20] (rev 04)

00:1c.0 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 1 [8086:1e10] (rev c4)

00:1c.2 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 3 [8086:1e14] (rev c4)

00:1c.3 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 4 [8086:1e16] (rev c4)

00:1c.4 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation 82801 PCI Bridge [8086:244e] (rev c4)

00:1c.7 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 8 [8086:1e1e] (rev c4)

00:1d.0 USB controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller #1 [8086:1e26] (rev 04)

00:1f.0 ISA bridge [0601]: Intel Corporation Z77 Express Chipset LPC Controller [8086:1e44] (rev 04)

00:1f.2 SATA controller [0106]: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family 6-port SATA Controller [AHCI mode] [8086:1e02] (rev 04)

00:1f.3 SMBus [0c05]: Intel Corporation 7 Series/C210 Series Chipset Family SMBus Controller [8086:1e22] (rev 04)

01:00.0 SATA controller [0106]: Lite-On IT Corp. / Plextor M6e PCI Express SSD [Marvell 88SS9183] [1c28:0122] (rev 14)

02:00.0 Serial Attached SCSI controller [0107]: LSI Logic / Symbios Logic SAS2008 PCI-Express Fusion-MPT SAS-2 [Falcon] [1000:0072] (rev 03)

04:00.0 USB controller [0c03]: ASMedia Technology Inc. ASM1042 SuperSpeed USB Host Controller [1b21:1042]

05:00.0 SATA controller [0106]: ASMedia Technology Inc. ASM1062 Serial ATA Controller [1b21:0612] (rev 01)

06:00.0 PCI bridge [0604]: ASMedia Technology Inc. ASM1083/1085 PCIe to PCI Bridge [1b21:1080] (rev 03)

08:00.0 USB controller [0c03]: ASMedia Technology Inc. ASM1042 SuperSpeed USB Host Controller [1b21:1042]

Hi,

hate to dredge the windows 10 SMB issue back up again but  I still can't get it to work (unraid not visible in windows 10 network).

in addition to trying the fix mentioned here (adding max protocol = SMB2_02 into my smb conf) I also tried

--changing server name to all caps (a post on microsoft tech support site around case sensitive issues) - did not work

--a suggestion to make something like the router the master browser, and disable it on unraid.  Trying that now but so far no luck getting the asus  RT-68 to be master browser

any other ideas welcome.  I guess most do not have this issue or have just learned to live with it.

thanks

Install Dynamix Local Master plugin. It will tell you which computer on your network is the master. Then you can shut that master down until something else takes over, such as your router or unRAID.

Hi,

thanks

Install Dynamix Local Master plugin. It will tell you which computer on your network is the master. Then you can shut that master down until something else takes over, such as your router or unRAID.

Thanks.  I do have it installed and it has always said unraid is the master. (Btw the notification of this status in top right does not seem to be there anymore in RC2?)

For the asus looks like I might have to install 3rd party firmware for this feature

Now, I have a much bigger issue. Hope someone can help me to "unbrick" Unraid.

Not sure what happened, but I was trying to get the VM to work. But now, nothing is working anymore. Must be somehow related to my network card and the lack of Internet access.

I get all the way to the Unraid user prompt, but then get the error message. "Device eth0 does not exist". As a result, I cannot access the GUI and nothing else.

Any idea how to roll back or otherwise "unbrick" my Unraid?

Ok, I got this solved. I botted Unraid in safemode and then removed the ethernet reference from " append initrd=/bzroot" from the flash-Syslinux Configuration.

As a result, I have the GUI back, but still no internet inside the VM.

For now, probably best to downgrade?

Ok, I got this solved. I botted Unraid in safemode and then removed the ethernet reference from " append initrd=/bzroot" from the flash-Syslinux Configuration.

As a result, I have the GUI back, but still no internet inside the VM.

For now, probably best to downgrade?

If you are looking for help, try attaching the Diagnostics file.