[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

On 14/10/2017 at 6:44 AM, ICDeadPpl said:

I had changed the /etc/php7/php.ini to reflect these changes, and the error message went away.

After the weekly update of the Docker image last night, the error message appeared again.

I checked the /etc/php7/php.ini file again, and found that the opcache settings were disabled.

I changed these settings to be enabled and restarted the Docker. Now the error message is gone.

Could the mantainers please update the /etc/php7/php.ini file to have the opcache options mentioned in the error enabled (with those values)? 

The commits merged today for this image should fix this

• Like 1

Hello, this is ok for me, your update to resolved the error messages in Nextcloud, thanks to you

Small question, as a new user, I do not know well docker, this did not prevent Nextcloud from working, but can we edit the php.ini? If so, what is the path? To find the right file to edit

(Sorry I have big problems to speak English, (i use translator)

Edited by BrigZ
4 hours ago, BrigZ said:

Hello, this is ok for me, your update to resolved the error messages in Nextcloud, thanks to you

Small question, as a new user, I do not know well docker, this did not prevent Nextcloud from working, but can we edit the php.ini? If so, what is the path? To find the right file to edit

(Sorry I have big problems to speak English, (i use translator)

Create a copy of /etc/php7/php.ini from docker. Then edit it and mount it back.

I am running NextCloud with Synology Directory Server for LDAP. All the LDAP setting is passed. I have also use this LDAP Server on other applications.

I am trying to fix this but I don't understand `uid for 'uid=username,cn=users,dc=ldap,dc=example,dc=com' must not be an empty string`.

{
    "reqId" : "uNAeMmGroqA1r5mYYGu3",
    "level" : 3,
    "time" : "2017-10-16T15:11:25+00:00",
    "remoteAddr" : "172.18.0.1",
    "user" : "--",
    "app" : "user_ldap",
    "method" : "POST",
    "url" : "\/index.php\/login?user=username",
    "message" : "uid for 'uid=username,cn=users,dc=ldap,dc=example,dc=com' must not be an empty string",
    "userAgent" : "Mozilla\/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit\/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome\/61.0.3163.100 Safari\/537.36",
    "version" : "12.0.3.3"
}{
    "app" : "index",
    "message" : "Exception: {\"Exception\":\"InvalidArgumentException\",\"Message\":\"uid must not be an empty string!\",\"Code\":0,\"Trace\":\"#0 \\\/config\\\/www\\\/nextcloud\\\/apps\\\/user_ldap\\\/lib\\\/User\\\/Manager.php(131): OCA\\\\User_LDAP\\\\User\\\\User->__construct('', 'uid=avalonjoshu...', Object(OCA\\\\User_LDAP\\\\Access), Object(OC\\\\AllConfig), Object(OCA\\\\User_LDAP\\\\FilesystemHelper), Object(OCP\\\\Image), Object(OCA\\\\User_LDAP\\\\LogWrapper), Object(OC\\\\AvatarManager), Object(OC\\\\User\\\\Manager), Object(OC\\\\Notification\\\\Manager))\\n#1 \\\/config\\\/www\\\/nextcloud\\\/apps\\\/user_ldap\\\/lib\\\/User\\\/Manager.php(222): OCA\\\\User_LDAP\\\\User\\\\Manager->createAndCache('uid=avalonjoshu...', '')\\n#2 \\\/config\\\/www\\\/nextcloud\\\/apps\\\/user_ldap\\\/lib\\\/User\\\/Manager.php(248): OCA\\\\User_LDAP\\\\User\\\\Manager->createInstancyByUserName('')\\n#3 \\\/config\\\/www\\\/nextcloud\\\/apps\\\/user_ldap\\\/lib\\\/Access.php(829): OCA\\\\User_LDAP\\\\User\\\\Manager->get('')\\n#4 \\\/config\\\/www\\\/nextcloud\\\/apps\\\/user_ldap\\\/lib\\\/Access.php(807): OCA\\\\User_LDAP\\\\Access->batchApplyUserAttributes(Array)\\n#5 \\\/config\\\/www\\\/nextcloud\\\/apps\\\/user_ldap\\\/lib\\\/Access.php(780): OCA\\\\User_LDAP\\\\Access->fetchListOfUsers('(&(&(|(objectcl...', Array)\\n#6 \\\/config\\\/www\\\/nextcloud\\\/apps\\\/user_ldap\\\/lib\\\/User_LDAP.php(136): OCA\\\\User_LDAP\\\\Access->fetchUsersByLoginName('username', Array)\\n#7 \\\/config\\\/www\\\/nextcloud\\\/apps\\\/user_ldap\\\/lib\\\/User_LDAP.php(153): OCA\\\\User_LDAP\\\\User_LDAP->getLDAPUserByLoginName('username')\\n#8 [internal function]: OCA\\\\User_LDAP\\\\User_LDAP->checkPassword(*** sensitive parameters replaced ***)\\n#9 \\\/config\\\/www\\\/nextcloud\\\/apps\\\/user_ldap\\\/lib\\\/User_Proxy.php(71): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)\\n#10 \\\/config\\\/www\\\/nextcloud\\\/apps\\\/user_ldap\\\/lib\\\/Proxy.php(150): OCA\\\\User_LDAP\\\\User_Proxy->walkBackends('username', 'checkPassword', Array)\\n#11 \\\/config\\\/www\\\/nextcloud\\\/apps\\\/user_ldap\\\/lib\\\/User_Proxy.php(186): OCA\\\\User_LDAP\\\\Proxy->handleRequest('username', 'checkPassword', Array)\\n#12 \\\/config\\\/www\\\/nextcloud\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/User\\\/Manager.php(216): OCA\\\\User_LDAP\\\\User_Proxy->checkPassword(*** sensitive parameters replaced ***)\\n#13 \\\/config\\\/www\\\/nextcloud\\\/core\\\/Controller\\\/LoginController.php(231): OC\\\\User\\\\Manager->checkPasswordNoLogging(*** sensitive parameters replaced ***)\\n#14 [internal function]: OC\\\\Core\\\\Controller\\\\LoginController->tryLogin(*** sensitive parameters replaced ***)\\n#15 \\\/config\\\/www\\\/nextcloud\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/AppFramework\\\/Http\\\/Dispatcher.php(160): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)\\n#16 \\\/config\\\/www\\\/nextcloud\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/AppFramework\\\/Http\\\/Dispatcher.php(90): OC\\\\AppFramework\\\\Http\\\\Dispatcher->executeController(Object(OC\\\\Core\\\\Controller\\\\LoginController), 'tryLogin')\\n#17 \\\/config\\\/www\\\/nextcloud\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/AppFramework\\\/App.php(114): OC\\\\AppFramework\\\\Http\\\\Dispatcher->dispatch(Object(OC\\\\Core\\\\Controller\\\\LoginController), 'tryLogin')\\n#18 \\\/config\\\/www\\\/nextcloud\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/AppFramework\\\/Routing\\\/RouteActionHandler.php(47): OC\\\\AppFramework\\\\App::main('OC\\\\\\\\Core\\\\\\\\Control...', 'tryLogin', Object(OC\\\\AppFramework\\\\DependencyInjection\\\\DIContainer), Array)\\n#19 [internal function]: OC\\\\AppFramework\\\\Routing\\\\RouteActionHandler->__invoke(Array)\\n#20 \\\/config\\\/www\\\/nextcloud\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/Route\\\/Router.php(299): call_user_func(Object(OC\\\\AppFramework\\\\Routing\\\\RouteActionHandler), Array)\\n#21 \\\/config\\\/www\\\/nextcloud\\\/lib\\\/base.php(1004): OC\\\\Route\\\\Router->match('\\\/login')\\n#22 \\\/config\\\/www\\\/nextcloud\\\/index.php(48): OC::handleRequest()\\n#23 {main}\",\"File\":\"\\\/config\\\/www\\\/nextcloud\\\/apps\\\/user_ldap\\\/lib\\\/User\\\/User.php\",\"Line\":129}",
    "userAgent" : "Mozilla\/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit\/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome\/61.0.3163.100 Safari\/537.36",
}

On 2017/5/30 at 3:06 AM, StevenD said:

@CHBMB

A bit more research.  It seems it may be an issue with Alpine??

https://github.com/docker-library/php/issues/240

This in the nextcloud.log led me to the link above:

iconv(): Wrong charset, conversion from `UTF-8' to `ASCII//TRANSLIT' is not allowed at /config/www/nextcloud/apps/user_ldap/lib/Access.php#1203

iconv(): Wrong charset, conversion from `UTF-8' to `ASCII//TRANSLIT' is not allowed at /config/www/nextcloud/apps/user_ldap/lib/Access.php#1203

15 hours ago, joshuaavalon said:

I am running NextCloud with Synology Directory Server for LDAP. All the LDAP setting is passed. I have also use this LDAP Server on other applications.

I am trying to fix this but I don't understand `uid for 'uid=username,cn=users,dc=ldap,dc=example,dc=com' must not be an empty string`.

{
    "app" : "user_ldap",
    "message" : "uid for 'uid=username,cn=users,dc=ldap,dc=example,dc=com' must not be an empty string",
}{
    "app" : "index",
    "message" : "Exception: {\"Exception\":\"InvalidArgumentException\",\"Message\":\"uid must not be an empty string!\",\"Code\":0,\"Trace\":\"#0 \\\/config\\\/www\\\/nextcloud\\\/apps\\\/user_ldap\\\/lib\\\/User\\\/Manager.php(131): OCA\\\\User_LDAP\\\\User\\\\User->__construct('', 'uid=avalonjoshu...', Object(OCA\\\\User_LDAP\\\\Access), Object(OC\\\\AllConfig), Object(OCA\\\\User_LDAP\\\\FilesystemHelper), Object(OCP\\\\Image), Object(OCA\\\\User_LDAP\\\\LogWrapper), Object(OC\\\\AvatarManager), Object(OC\\\\User\\\\Manager), Object(OC\\\\Notification\\\\Manager))\\n#1 \\\/config\\\/www\\\/nextcloud\\\/apps\\\/user_ldap\\\/lib\\\/User\\\/Manager.php(222): OCA\\\\User_LDAP\\\\User\\\\Manager->createAndCache('uid=avalonjoshu...', '')\\n#2 \\\/config\\\/www\\\/nextcloud\\\/apps\\\/user_ldap\\\/lib\\\/User\\\/Manager.php(248): OCA\\\\User_LDAP\\\\User\\\\Manager->createInstancyByUserName('')\\n#3 \\\/config\\\/www\\\/nextcloud\\\/apps\\\/user_ldap\\\/lib\\\/Access.php(829): OCA\\\\User_LDAP\\\\User\\\\Manager->get('')\\n#4 \\\/config\\\/www\\\/nextcloud\\\/apps\\\/user_ldap\\\/lib\\\/Access.php(807): OCA\\\\User_LDAP\\\\Access->batchApplyUserAttributes(Array)\\n#5 \\\/config\\\/www\\\/nextcloud\\\/apps\\\/user_ldap\\\/lib\\\/Access.php(780): OCA\\\\User_LDAP\\\\Access->fetchListOfUsers('(&(&(|(objectcl...', Array)\\n#6 \\\/config\\\/www\\\/nextcloud\\\/apps\\\/user_ldap\\\/lib\\\/User_LDAP.php(136): OCA\\\\User_LDAP\\\\Access->fetchUsersByLoginName('username', Array)\\n#7 \\\/config\\\/www\\\/nextcloud\\\/apps\\\/user_ldap\\\/lib\\\/User_LDAP.php(153): OCA\\\\User_LDAP\\\\User_LDAP->getLDAPUserByLoginName('username')\\n#8 [internal function]: OCA\\\\User_LDAP\\\\User_LDAP->checkPassword(*** sensitive parameters replaced ***)\\n#9 \\\/config\\\/www\\\/nextcloud\\\/apps\\\/user_ldap\\\/lib\\\/User_Proxy.php(71): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)\\n#10 \\\/config\\\/www\\\/nextcloud\\\/apps\\\/user_ldap\\\/lib\\\/Proxy.php(150): OCA\\\\User_LDAP\\\\User_Proxy->walkBackends('username', 'checkPassword', Array)\\n#11 \\\/config\\\/www\\\/nextcloud\\\/apps\\\/user_ldap\\\/lib\\\/User_Proxy.php(186): OCA\\\\User_LDAP\\\\Proxy->handleRequest('username', 'checkPassword', Array)\\n#12 \\\/config\\\/www\\\/nextcloud\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/User\\\/Manager.php(216): OCA\\\\User_LDAP\\\\User_Proxy->checkPassword(*** sensitive parameters replaced ***)\\n#13 \\\/config\\\/www\\\/nextcloud\\\/core\\\/Controller\\\/LoginController.php(231): OC\\\\User\\\\Manager->checkPasswordNoLogging(*** sensitive parameters replaced ***)\\n#14 [internal function]: OC\\\\Core\\\\Controller\\\\LoginController->tryLogin(*** sensitive parameters replaced ***)\\n#15 \\\/config\\\/www\\\/nextcloud\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/AppFramework\\\/Http\\\/Dispatcher.php(160): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)\\n#16 \\\/config\\\/www\\\/nextcloud\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/AppFramework\\\/Http\\\/Dispatcher.php(90): OC\\\\AppFramework\\\\Http\\\\Dispatcher->executeController(Object(OC\\\\Core\\\\Controller\\\\LoginController), 'tryLogin')\\n#17 \\\/config\\\/www\\\/nextcloud\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/AppFramework\\\/App.php(114): OC\\\\AppFramework\\\\Http\\\\Dispatcher->dispatch(Object(OC\\\\Core\\\\Controller\\\\LoginController), 'tryLogin')\\n#18 \\\/config\\\/www\\\/nextcloud\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/AppFramework\\\/Routing\\\/RouteActionHandler.php(47): OC\\\\AppFramework\\\\App::main('OC\\\\\\\\Core\\\\\\\\Control...', 'tryLogin', Object(OC\\\\AppFramework\\\\DependencyInjection\\\\DIContainer), Array)\\n#19 [internal function]: OC\\\\AppFramework\\\\Routing\\\\RouteActionHandler->__invoke(Array)\\n#20 \\\/config\\\/www\\\/nextcloud\\\/lib\\\/private\\\/Route\\\/Router.php(299): call_user_func(Object(OC\\\\AppFramework\\\\Routing\\\\RouteActionHandler), Array)\\n#21 \\\/config\\\/www\\\/nextcloud\\\/lib\\\/base.php(1004): OC\\\\Route\\\\Router->match('\\\/login')\\n#22 \\\/config\\\/www\\\/nextcloud\\\/index.php(48): OC::handleRequest()\\n#23 {main}\",\"File\":\"\\\/config\\\/www\\\/nextcloud\\\/apps\\\/user_ldap\\\/lib\\\/User\\\/User.php\",\"Line\":129}",
}

But I find some work around. Set ldapIgnoreNamingRules to true in config (which also not working, I set sanitizeUsername in apps/user_ldap/lib/Access.php to true) to avoid iconv().
If it still not work for you, you can set Internal Username to uid.

OR

https://github.com/docker-library/php/issues/240#issuecomment-327992638 (Cannot get it work, even the function work  on commandline)

@CHBMB May be a new tag with container that is not based alpine?

Edit: For someone just want it to work. You can put 
Access.php under apps/user_ldap/lib/. All the changes have commented with // CHANGE

Edited by joshuaavalon

Hi, does anyone have any issues uploading files >2gb. I don't get any error messages

I've been having issues and thought it was the webui causing it (maybe nginx?), but the file uploads successfully to wherever it goes (tmp folder?). After it uploads through the interface, it pieces the file together in a .part file. The webui displays a 100% full bar displaying "a few seconds" while it pieces together this .part file to the resulting finished file.

This is where the file has problems. gets stuck around 2.2 GB every time for a 3.3 GB file. The exact byte size it gets stuck at isn't the same each time either.

image.png.7fd950ee370c6691b47c303d5c2e9629.png

When I tried a 1.3 GB file, it did everything above except it actually completed and stopped being a .part file

image.png.34f41a710dfac9bc9a8e3085487c513d.png

So my issue seems to stem from it being denied the ability to allocate >2gb of space to a single file.

Everything I read regarding 2gb and nextcloud mentions 32 bit. I assume that since my unraid install is  "Linux 4.9.30-unRAID x86_64", that shouldn't be an issue, right?

From some searching, I made some changes below, but I think they are in vain since it seems to upload the file itself just fine, it just can't build the file from the tmp cache afterward.

image.png.148893c9dd2ef5fa583131bfbd1d631b.png

php.ini

image.png.6f45ce2fe57fff97f0f22f7d3be5bc81.png

.user.ini (this got changed when I set the webui max filesize to 20gb)

image.png.c37f2f906d5ad057c7cd5a724f895265.png

The docker log has nothing in it.

image.png.0386adfc6488feaf6137cdfbb8010026.png

php log 

image.png.d44138bb5357504b0db5cb51cf3053b4.png

nginx error log has nothing in it.

I heard someone talking about having container related issues when it comes to nextcloud as well relating to the tmp folder getting filled, but I don't think that's an issue either. my docker image is like 2gb /20 gb.

Of all the research I've done, it doesn't seem like people are having issues at the part where the file is being created from chunks after upload like I am.

Is there anything I can provide to help figure out what may be causing this?

Thanks in advance!

6 minutes ago, Quiks said:

Hi, does anyone have any issues uploading files >2gb. I don't get any error messages

I've been having issues and thought it was the webui causing it (maybe nginx?), but the file uploads successfully to wherever it goes (tmp folder?). After it uploads through the interface, it pieces the file together in a .part file. The webui displays a 100% full bar displaying "a few seconds" while it pieces together this .part file to the resulting finished file.

This is where the file has problems. gets stuck around 2.2 GB every time for a 3.3 GB file. The exact byte size it gets stuck at isn't the same each time either.

image.png.7fd950ee370c6691b47c303d5c2e9629.png

When I tried a 1.3 GB file, it did everything above except it actually completed and stopped being a .part file

image.png.34f41a710dfac9bc9a8e3085487c513d.png

So my issue seems to stem from it being denied the ability to allocate >2gb of space to a single file.

Everything I read regarding 2gb and nextcloud mentions 32 bit. I assume that since my unraid install is  "Linux 4.9.30-unRAID x86_64", that shouldn't be an issue, right?

From some searching, I made some changes below, but I think they are in vain since it seems to upload the file itself just fine, it just can't build the file from the tmp cache afterward.

image.png.148893c9dd2ef5fa583131bfbd1d631b.png

php.ini

image.png.6f45ce2fe57fff97f0f22f7d3be5bc81.png

.user.ini (this got changed when I set the webui max filesize to 20gb)

image.png.c37f2f906d5ad057c7cd5a724f895265.png

The docker log has nothing in it.

image.png.0386adfc6488feaf6137cdfbb8010026.png

php log 

image.png.d44138bb5357504b0db5cb51cf3053b4.png

nginx error log has nothing in it.

I heard someone talking about having container related issues when it comes to nextcloud as well relating to the tmp folder getting filled, but I don't think that's an issue either. my docker image is like 2gb /20 gb.

Of all the research I've done, it doesn't seem like people are having issues at the part where the file is being created from chunks after upload like I am.

Is there anything I can provide to help figure out what may be causing this?

Thanks in advance!

Have you check out https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/12/admin_manual/configuration_files/big_file_upload_configuration.html?

On 10/16/2017 at 9:26 PM, joshuaavalon said:

I did read it, but I think I may have missed some settings.

I was successfully able to upload the 3.5 GB file that failed on my android client, so the back end of nextcloud is working fine.

I probably need to change some nginx settings.

edit: changing a few settings allowed me to upload >2gb files via the webui.

php.ini

I mapped the tmp directory to /config/www/nextcloud/data/upload-tmp with a chown abc:abc on it

max_execution_time = 7200

max_input_time = 7200

post_max_size = 16400M

upload_max_filesize = 16000M

memory_limit = 1024M

I'm having issues using the letsencrypt container in conjunction with this one.

When i upload a file to the local webui (this container), I see the temp file created immediately as it's uploading

When I used the remote link (letsencrypt nginx pointing to nextcloud's nginx), I didn't see any tmp file created until the upload completes.

to fix this, set your letsencrypt config file to something similar to below

location / {
            proxy_pass_header Authorization;
            proxy_pass https://192.168.1.185;
            proxy_set_header Host $host;
            proxy_set_header X-Real-IP  $remote_addr;
            proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
            proxy_http_version 1.1;
            proxy_set_header Connection "";
            proxy_buffering off;
            proxy_request_buffering off;
            client_max_body_size 0;
            proxy_read_timeout  36000s;
            proxy_redirect off;
            proxy_ssl_session_reuse off;
    }

Edited by Quiks

Hi,

I had a problem with my MariaDB-Docker and I had to restore the databases. Unfortunatley the privileges got lost.

So I added a new "Nextcloud"-User with the password which I have set in the config.php and Granted full access to the Nextcloud-DB.

Unfortunatey I am still getting the follwoing error message in the Log of the Docker-App.

PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Doctrine\DBAL\DBALException: Failed to connect to the database: An exception occured in driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] Connection refused in /config/www/nextcloud/lib/private/DB/Connection.php:61

I am not sure what is goind wrong. The same procedure worked for my other 2 Databases.

Br,

Johannes

Maybe I am one step ahead: The problem seem to be the inno-db which is used by Nextcloud. If I use the backuped ibdata1 then MariaDB is not starting.

If I remove it, MariaDB creates a new ibdata1 file and is starting, but when I navigate via phpmyadmin to the nextcloud-database I am always getting 

Table doenst exist in engine

Due to a mistake I do not have a export of the Databases. Any chance to recover the Nextcloud Database? Otherwise I have to reinstall Nextcloud and make a Initial Sync of all users... WOuld work, but takes some time...

Br,

Johannes

10 hours ago, joshuaavalon said:

But I find some work around. Set ldapIgnoreNamingRules to true in config (which also not working, I set sanitizeUsername in apps/user_ldap/lib/Access.php to true) to avoid iconv().
If it still not work for you, you can set Internal Username to uid.

OR

https://github.com/docker-library/php/issues/240#issuecomment-327992638 (Cannot get it work, even the function work  on commandline)

@CHBMB May be a new tag with container that is not based alpine?

Edit: For someone just want it to work. You can put 
Access.php under apps/user_ldap/lib/. All the changes have commented with // CHANGE

Thanks. I might play around with this someday.  I ended up deploying the NextCloud VM and mapped my unRAID storage to it.  Its working just fine with my LDAP users.

On 2017-10-17 at 7:03 AM, Quiks said:

I did read it, but I think I may have missed some settings.

I was successfully able to upload the 3.5 GB file that failed on my android client, so the back end of nextcloud is working fine.

I probably need to change some nginx settings.

edit: changing a few settings allowed me to upload >2gb files via the webui.

php.ini

I mapped it to /config/www/nextcloud/data/upload-tmp with a chown abc:abc on it

max_execution_time = 7200

max_input_time = 7200

post_max_size = 16400M

upload_max_filesize = 16000M

memory_limit = 1024M

I'm having issues using the letsencrypt container in conjunction with this one.

When i upload a file to the local webui (this container), I see the temp file created immediately as it's uploading

When I used the remote link (letsencrypt nginx pointing to nextcloud's nginx), I didn't see any tmp file created until the upload completes.

to fix this, set your letsencrypt config file to something similar to below

location / {
            proxy_pass_header Authorization;
            proxy_pass https://192.168.1.185;
            proxy_set_header Host $host;
            proxy_set_header X-Real-IP  $remote_addr;
            proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
            proxy_http_version 1.1;
            proxy_set_header Connection "";
            proxy_buffering off;
            proxy_request_buffering off;
            client_max_body_size 0;
            proxy_read_timeout  36000s;
            proxy_redirect off;
            proxy_ssl_session_reuse off;
    }

Trying to update my docker as well with larger file, but I can't find php.ini? 

Can you please wrote down all files that you change with path and what changed you did on each?

Thanks!

Peter

I'm trying to use the External Storages App to add an unRAID share but I'm having no joy - help please?

- SMB/CIFS

- Auth: global credentials where I've stored my unraid username:pass

- Host: unraid IP address.  I've also tried my hostname Highlander

- share: name of unraid share

1 hour ago, CHBMB said:

if it's an Unraid share why not just mount it locally in the container?

Update: worked it out - bad day

Confused - I've only been using nextcloud a few hours.

I've just tried adding a /music mount, but where does it show up in nextcloud?  When I click on 'files' I only see my personal folders, - I can't see the new share.

FireShot Capture 37 - Highlander_UpdateContainer_ - http___172.30.12.2_Dashboard_UpdateContainer.png

Edited by DZMM
9 hours ago, DZMM said:

Update: worked it out - bad day

Confused - I've only been using nextcloud a few hours.

I've just tried adding a /music mount, but where does it show up in nextcloud?  When I click on 'files' I only see my personal folders, - I can't see the new share.

FireShot Capture 37 - Highlander_UpdateContainer_ - http___172.30.12.2_Dashboard_UpdateContainer.png

you don't mount things that way.

container /music isn't going to be used for anything because it mounts your files in your user's directory.

to better explain, /data is where all the files will get mapped in the below structure

image.png.42e7cfaf0f4282eea68be75f13dec8f4.png

The 2 blocked out folders are usernames in nextcloud

Inside each of those you'll find 

image.png.3420b68b5e0f24a2e4f05cf27f865d09.png

Inside files is where all of that user's files are stored.

To my knowledge, you can't mount things the way you are thinking.

They have to be placed in the specified user's folder.

You could create a symlink from the files directory to /music if you wanted I guess, but it seem counter intuitive unless you need that share on multiple users in nextcloud.

Edited by Quiks
22 minutes ago, Quiks said:

you don't mount things that way.

container /music isn't going to be used for anything because it mounts your files in your user's directory.

to better explain, /data is where all the files will get mapped in the below structure

image.png.42e7cfaf0f4282eea68be75f13dec8f4.png

The 2 blocked out folders are usernames in nextcloud

Inside each of those you'll find 

image.png.3420b68b5e0f24a2e4f05cf27f865d09.png

Inside files is where all of that user's files are stored.

To my knowledge, you can't mount things the way you are thinking.

They have to be placed in the specified user's folder.

You could create a symlink from the files directory to /music if you wanted I guess, but it seem counter intuitive unless you need that share on multiple users in nextcloud.

I just mapped shares in docker, and then used the external storage app to add them as 'Local' and to control which nextcloud users/groups got access - very easy solution