[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

On 2017-5-19 at 11:46 AM, goodstartola said:

Hi.

Im quite new at Unraid in general and have found a problem.

I run NextCloud and it worked fine until i updated it from the WebGui, i then read that was a bad idea.

I have removed the docker and installed again but im still stuck in maintenance mode.

I also tried to force update Nextcloud and it says its successful but when i try the webgui i get the maintenance mode again.

I need help.

Thx.

What version WERE you running when you tried to update?

• Upvote 1
Just now, CHBMB said:

No, as other than a cryptic error message I have no idea what your issue is.

Sorry,

I had issues with creating new users and iPhone app created some errors. So I thought this error message could be the reason.

In the meanwhile I found a way to change path for tmp path and error message is gone.

User creating issue was a simple settings error (allow common passwords) but nextcloud do not show you an error just doing nothing ... solved so far.

But many thanks anyway, you guys doing a great job!

Hi, after a little bit of help on the config side - but happy to go to a more specific NC group if I'm better off asking there...

I've been trying to get SSL / HTTPS access working, so I can access via oc.mydomain.com/nextcloud.

I'm using the letsencrypt docker, and been broadly following this walkthrough.

As it stands, I've got HTTPS working, and I can browse to https://oc.mydomain.com/nextcloud and it connects fine

However, the desktop client now can't connect - on either the original internal address, or the new https address

oc.png

The only address I can get to work in the sync client is 

https://192.168.0.208:444/nextcloud

The error suggest it's looking for the folder/file /owncloud/status.php. What is a little odd, is that whilst I understand that NC is a fork of OC, I can't see that owncloud folder myself anywhere.

My nginx config (from the letsencrypt docker) is ...

location /nextcloud {
		include /config/nginx/proxy.conf;
		proxy_pass https://192.168.0.208:444/nextcloud;
	}

and in nextcloud\nginx\site-confs\default , I changed the install location (as per the walkthrough)

# Path to the root of your installation
  #root /config/www/nextcloud/;
  root /config/www;

I also updated the config.php file to add the below, but didn't seem to impact anything before or after I changed it (I'd already added oc.mydomain.com as a trusted domain)

'trusted_proxies' => ['192.168.0.208'],
  'overwritewebroot' => '/nextcloud',
  'overwrite.cli.url' => '/nextcloud',
  #'overwrite.cli.url' => 'https://192.168.0.208:444',

Have I missed a step out somewhere?

I also tried this - which didn't make any difference either way (could still access via web browser fine)

location /nextcloud {
		include /config/nginx/proxy.conf;
		proxy_pass https://192.168.0.208:444;
	}

My hunch is that I need to change the value of the 'overwritewebroot' value, but tried a few options here to no positive effect

Edited by extrobe

For those that upgrade to v12.  Nextcloud have changed the config slightly.  You will need to go to your nextcloud appdata and edit the default file in /nginx/site-confs/ and hash the line #add_header X-Frame-Options "SAMEORIGIN";

Edited by CHBMB
  • Upvote 1
18 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

That's not the recommended way to run Nextcloud.  See the guide on our website.

Just going through that now - it was my original preference to use dedicatedsubdomain.mydomain.co.uk - only all the guides I found seemed to use this /nextcloud method

Is there any reason I should go back and redo the original mariadb & nc setup? It works fine in itself - think it was your tutorial on linuxserver.io i followed in the first place (just didn't go as far as getting apache working at the time)

My v12 upgrade also requested the addition of the following in the php.ini file.

opcache.enable=1
opcache.enable_cli=1
opcache.interned_strings_buffer=8
opcache.max_accelerated_files=10000
opcache.memory_consumption=128
opcache.save_comments=1
opcache.revalidate_freq=1

Is that something that can, or already has been added to the container configs? :)

17 minutes ago, local.bin said:

My v12 upgrade also requested the addition of the following in the php.ini file.

opcache.enable=1
opcache.enable_cli=1
opcache.interned_strings_buffer=8
opcache.max_accelerated_files=10000
opcache.memory_consumption=128
opcache.save_comments=1
opcache.revalidate_freq=1

Is that something that can, or already has been added to the container configs? :)

An update will fix that at some point.

• Upvote 1

I'm having a bit of trouble with LDAP, connecting to AD.  It used to work, but then I rebooted unRAID once, and it never worked again. I have re-built the Nextcloud and MariaDB dockers 20+ times to no avail.  I deployed the official Nextcloud VM (https://github.com/nextcloud/vm), and LDAP works fine.  As far as I can tell, I have configured the LDAP settings the same on both.  Both are running v12.0.0.

On the unRAID docker, I get this error, which I do not get on the VM:

Error while running background job (InvalidArgumentException): uid must not be an empty string!

uid for 'cn=leslie,ou=domain users,dc=<domainname>,dc=org' must not be an empty string

Here is the LDAP config on the Docker:

root@1f59ecae9dc1:/config/www/nextcloud$ sudo -u abc php7 occ ldap:show-config
+-------------------------------+---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Configuration                 | s01                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               |
+-------------------------------+---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| hasMemberOfFilterSupport      | 1                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 |
| hasPagedResultSupport         |                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   |
| homeFolderNamingRule          |                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   |
| lastJpegPhotoLookup           | 0                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 |
| ldapAgentName                 | CN=svc_nextcloud,OU=Service.Accounts,DC=<domainname>,DC=org                                                                                                                                                                                               |
| ldapAgentPassword             | ***                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               |
| ldapAttributesForGroupSearch  |                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   |
| ldapAttributesForUserSearch   |                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   |
| ldapBackupHost                |                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   |
| ldapBackupPort                |                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   |
| ldapBase                      | DC=<domainname>,DC=org                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    |
| ldapBaseGroups                | DC=<domainname>,DC=org                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    |
| ldapBaseUsers                 | DC=<domainname>,DC=org                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    |
| ldapCacheTTL                  | 600                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               |
| ldapConfigurationActive       | 1                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 |
| ldapDefaultPPolicyDN          |                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   |
| ldapDynamicGroupMemberURL     |                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   |
| ldapEmailAttribute            |                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   |
| ldapExperiencedAdmin          | 0                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 |
| ldapExpertUUIDGroupAttr       |                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   |
| ldapExpertUUIDUserAttr        | samaccountname                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    |
| ldapExpertUsernameAttr        | samaccountname                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    |
| ldapGidNumber                 | gidNumber                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         |
| ldapGroupDisplayName          | cn                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                |
| ldapGroupFilter               |                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   |
| ldapGroupFilterGroups         |                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   |
| ldapGroupFilterMode           | 0                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 |
| ldapGroupFilterObjectclass    |                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   |
| ldapGroupMemberAssocAttr      | member                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            |
| ldapHost                      | 10.1.1.3                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          |
| ldapIgnoreNamingRules         |                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   |
| ldapLoginFilter               | (&(&(|(objectclass=person)(objectclass=user))(|(|(memberof=CN=NextCloud.Users.ALL,OU=Groups,DC=<domainname>,DC=org)(primaryGroupID=15108))))(|(samaccountname=%uid)(|(mailPrimaryAddress=%uid)(mail=%uid))(|(displayName=%uid)(distinguishedName=%uid)))) |
| ldapLoginFilterAttributes     | displayName;distinguishedName                                                                                                                                                                                                                     |
| ldapLoginFilterEmail          | 1                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 |
| ldapLoginFilterMode           | 0                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 |
| ldapLoginFilterUsername       | 1                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 |
| ldapNestedGroups              | 0                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 |
| ldapOverrideMainServer        |                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   |
| ldapPagingSize                | 500                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               |
| ldapPort                      | 389                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               |
| ldapQuotaAttribute            |                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   |
| ldapQuotaDefault              |                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   |
| ldapTLS                       | 0                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 |
| ldapUserDisplayName           | displayName                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       |
| ldapUserDisplayName2          | mail                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              |
| ldapUserFilter                | (&(|(objectclass=person)(objectclass=user))(|(|(memberof=CN=NextCloud.Users.ALL,OU=Groups,DC=<domainname>,DC=org)(primaryGroupID=15108))))                                                                                                                |
| ldapUserFilterGroups          | NextCloud.Users.ALL                                                                                                                                                                                                                               |
| ldapUserFilterMode            | 0                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 |
| ldapUserFilterObjectclass     | person;user                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       |
| ldapUuidGroupAttribute        | auto                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              |
| ldapUuidUserAttribute         | auto                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              |
| turnOffCertCheck              | 0                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 |
| turnOnPasswordChange          | 0                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 |
| useMemberOfToDetectMembership | 1                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 |

Here is the LDAP config on the VM:

root@nextcloudvm:/var/www/nextcloud# sudo -u www-data ./occ ldap:show-config
+-------------------------------+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Configuration                 |
+-------------------------------+--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
| hasMemberOfFilterSupport      | 1
| hasPagedResultSupport         |
| homeFolderNamingRule          |
| lastJpegPhotoLookup           | 0
| ldapAgentName                 | CN=svc_nextcloud,OU=Service.Accounts,DC=<domainname>,DC=org
| ldapAgentPassword             | ***
| ldapAttributesForGroupSearch  |
| ldapAttributesForUserSearch   |
| ldapBackupHost                |
| ldapBackupPort                |
| ldapBase                      | DC=<domainname>,DC=org
| ldapBaseGroups                | DC=<domainname>,DC=org
| ldapBaseUsers                 | DC=<domainname>,DC=org
| ldapCacheTTL                  | 600
| ldapConfigurationActive       | 1
| ldapDefaultPPolicyDN          |
| ldapDynamicGroupMemberURL     |
| ldapEmailAttribute            | mail
| ldapExperiencedAdmin          | 0
| ldapExpertUUIDGroupAttr       |
| ldapExpertUUIDUserAttr        | samaccountname
| ldapExpertUsernameAttr        | samaccountname
| ldapGidNumber                 | gidNumber
| ldapGroupDisplayName          | cn
| ldapGroupFilter               |
| ldapGroupFilterGroups         |
| ldapGroupFilterMode           | 0
| ldapGroupFilterObjectclass    |
| ldapGroupMemberAssocAttr      | member
| ldapHost                      | 10.1.1.3
| ldapIgnoreNamingRules         |
| ldapLoginFilter               | (&(&(|(objectclass=person)(objectclass=user))(|(|(memberof=CN=NextCloud.Users.ALL,OU=Groups,DC=<domainname>,DC=org)(primaryGroupID=15108))))(|(samaccountname=%uid)(|(mailPrimaryAddress=%uid)(mail=%uid))(|(displayName=%uid)(distingu
| ldapLoginFilterAttributes     | displayName;distinguishedName
| ldapLoginFilterEmail          | 1
| ldapLoginFilterMode           | 0
| ldapLoginFilterUsername       | 1
| ldapNestedGroups              | 0
| ldapOverrideMainServer        |
| ldapPagingSize                | 500
| ldapPort                      | 389
| ldapQuotaAttribute            |
| ldapQuotaDefault              |
| ldapTLS                       | 0
| ldapUserDisplayName           | displayname
| ldapUserDisplayName2          | mail
| ldapUserFilter                | (&(|(objectclass=person)(objectclass=user))(|(|(memberof=CN=NextCloud.Users.ALL,OU=Groups,DC=<domainname>,DC=org)(primaryGroupID=15108))))
| ldapUserFilterGroups          | NextCloud.Users.ALL
| ldapUserFilterMode            | 0
| ldapUserFilterObjectclass     | person;user
| ldapUuidGroupAttribute        | auto
| ldapUuidUserAttribute         | auto
| turnOffCertCheck              | 0
| turnOnPasswordChange          | 0
| useMemberOfToDetectMembership | 1
root@nextcloudvm:/var/www/nextcloud#

Please let me know if there are other logs I can upload.

Thanks!!

13 hours ago, RAINMAN said:

How are you guys even updating to v12?  I updated the docker and I ran the updater but it says I am up to date:

They are rolling out in batches so you may not have the update in the stable channel yet.

You can either switch to the beta channel, update and then switch back, or download v12 and manually update.

On 2017-5-23 at 0:00 PM, Diggewuff said:

@CHBMB

Would you suggest to already update to v12 in mind of stability and reliability?

Or are there maybe updates planed for linuxserver/nextcloud whitch I should wait for?

The container has been updated to be V12 compatible.  As to whether you update to v12, well that's up to yourself really. 

Just updated to the new alpine 3.6 re-based container and Nextcloud has stopped working...

I can browse to the login page, but cannot login...the login button does not work any more...was working earlier today though...

Anyone else with this issue?

Android and desktop clients still work...just cannot get the browser to work...

Thanks

Edited by airbillion
3 hours ago, airbillion said:

Update:

I deleted the container and re-pulled it, but still no luck...stuck at the login page ...my background theme is also not showing up..

Maybe there is an incompatibility between nextcloud and the new alpine 3.6 base or a permission was set incorrectly?

i've pulled build 59, 60 and the current with the 3.6 update and using the same dataset i can freely switch between them and login with no issues.

7 hours ago, airbillion said:

Just updated to the new alpine 3.6 re-based container and Nextcloud has stopped working...

I can browse to the login page, but cannot login...the login button does not work any more...was working earlier today though...

Anyone else with this issue?

Android and desktop clients still work...just cannot get the browser to work...

Thanks

I'm dealing with exactly the same issue.

By disabling that rows:

'overwrite.cli.url' => 'https://nextcloud.server.com',
 'overwritehost' => 'nextcloud.server.com',
 'overwriteprotocol' => 'https',

Nextcloud is working through local IP.

So I think that's more an issue caused by the Letsencrypt Docker.

Other reverse proxied services (plex and unRaid web GUI) are also not loading correctly through Letsencrypt, but working perfect locally.

But Nextcloud can't reach my SMB Shares via External storage anymore.

2 hours ago, sparklyballs said:

i've pulled build 59, 60 and the current with the 3.6 update and using the same dataset i can freely switch between them and login with no issues.

How can I go back to the earlier build? Is that possible through WebGUI?

EDIT:

Ok I figured out how to pull earlier builds.

Experiences:

linuxserver/nextcloud build 61 - Nextcloud 12.0.0   -   linuxserver/letsencrypt build 59

• Nextcloud GUI is showing up, but buttons are not reacting to mouse clicks.
  • Other reverse proxied services (plex and unRaid WebGUI) are also not loading correctly through Letsencrypt, but working perfectly local.
  • SMB Shares not accessible via Nextcloud External Storage Support (evaluated accessing Nextcloud via local network).

linuxserver/nextcloud Build 61 - Nextcloud 12.0.0   -   linuxserver/letsencrypt build 58

• -
  • -
  • SMB Shares not accessible via Nextcloud External Storage Support (evaluated accessing Nextcloud via local network).

linuxserver/nextcloud Build 60 - Nextcloud 12.0.0   -   linuxserver/letsencrypt build 59

• Nextcloud GUI is showing up, but Buttons are not reacting to mouse clicks.
  • Other reverse proxied services (plex and unRaid WebGUI) are also not loading correctly through Letsencrypt, but working perfectly local.
  • -

linuxserver/nextcloud Build 60 - Nextcloud 12.0.0   -   linuxserver/letsencrypt build 58

• -
  • -
  • -
  • No issues at all.

In conclusion there are problems with both updates but the issues mentioned by @airbillion are not necessarily caused by linuxserver/nextcloud but more likely by linuxserver/letsencrypt.

Edited by Diggewuff
How can I go back to the earlier build? Is that possible through WebGUI?

EDIT:
Ok I figured out how to pull earlier builds.

Experiences:
linuxserver/nextcloud build 61 - Nextcloud 12.0.0   -   linuxserver/letsencrypt build 59
  • Nextcloud GUI is showing up, but buttons are not reacting to mouse clicks.

linuxserver/nextcloud Build 61 - Nextcloud 12.0.0   -   linuxserver/letsencrypt build 58
  • -
  • -

linuxserver/nextcloud Build 60 - Nextcloud 12.0.0   -   linuxserver/letsencrypt build 59
  • Nextcloud GUI is showing up, but Buttons are not reacting to mouse clicks.
  • -

linuxserver/nextcloud Build 60 - Nextcloud 12.0.0   -   linuxserver/letsencrypt build 58
  • -
  • -
  • -
  • No issues at all.

In conclusion there are problems with both updates but the issues mentioned by@airbillion are not necessarily caused by linuxserver/nextcloud but more likely by linuxserver/letsencrypt.

You are correct about the letsencrypt container causing the issue...

I just updated to the latest version that was pushed last night and I am able to log in again to next cloud...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

32 minutes ago, airbillion said:

You are correct about the letsencrypt container causing the issue...

I just updated to the latest version that was pushed last night and I am able to log in again to next cloud...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

are you sure you are on the latest version (59) from last night?

59 is NOT working for me....?

EDIT:

Nevermind just noticed there is a version 60 pushed 4 hours ago. that one is working.

But there still is the problem regarding the connection to SMB shares via External Storage Support using Username and Password authentication.

Edited by Diggewuff
  • Upvote 1
49 minutes ago, Diggewuff said:

are you sure you are on the latest version (59) from last night?

59 is NOT working for me....?

EDIT:

Nevermind just noticed there is a version 60 pushed 4 hours ago. that one is working.

But there still is the problem regarding the connection to SMB shares via External Storage Support using Username and Password authentication.

Hi guys,

I'm seeing the same problem with SMB shares with the latest version of NextCloud. Reverting back to build 60 has fixed it for the time being.

Along with that, I've had the NextCloud client on windows locally removing all the content of one of those shares, before I shut it down, as it seems to consider them deleted, rather than just unavailable.

Regards,

Alan.

i dont know what is happen but after the last update i cant upload or sync anything, i get a error saying bad gateway, i look at the log info and dont see nothing about that error, does anyone knows what could be the problem, i mean everything was working fine last night and i dint change anything 

thanks in advanced