[Support] Linuxserver.io - Nextcloud

I need help cause i can't get this to work correctly. I had it working and then it messed up so i just didn't mess with it. Updated to 6.2 and tried to get this going and i am meet with this. (see attached) 

I have remove, reinstalled, did not work, remove reinstall. over and over.

yes i have my binlog statement, i docker exec and fixed the custom.cnf files still get this error.

58aad81f93589_Screenshot_from_2016-10-01_232116.png.df463ca67180ce707232614a2bd62f80.png

I need help cause i can't get this to work correctly. I had it working and then it messed up so i just didn't mess with it. Updated to 6.2 and tried to get this going and i am meet with this. (see attached) 

yes i have my binlog statement, i docker exec and fixed the custom.cnf files still get this error.

had this issue myself until I added the custom.cnf file via telnet.

Don't know why it didn't work with notepad++ for me before.

Hope this helps for you aswell.

I just recognied something else with my setup.

I don't know what's the reason but my parity drive and disk 1 does not stop spinning anymore when I have Nextcloud running.

I have /data from Nextcloud mapped to /mnt/user/Nextcloud on disk 1 and it seems something is happening there all the time.

Does anyone else experience this?

What are the file permissions on the custom.cnf file?

I just recognied something else with my setup.

I don't know what's the reason but my parity drive and disk 1 does not stop spinning anymore when I have Nextcloud running.

I have /data from Nextcloud mapped to /mnt/user/Nextcloud on disk 1 and it seems something is happening there all the time.

Does anyone else experience this?

I actually have all disks included in /mnt/user/Nextcloud.

Is this maybe the reason why my disks do not spin down?

Should I include only one disk here maybe?

That's what I do, in fact I even specify it in the mapping /mnt/disk8/nextcloud/

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

I tried both. Mapping /data to /mnt/disk1/Nextcloud and changing the included/excluded disks aswell but my parity and disk1 still do not spin down when the container is running. :-\

I'm using Nextcloud together with Nginex-letsencrypt. Don't know if that's the reason maybe. Are you using it this way aswell?

That's what I do, in fact I even specify it in the mapping /mnt/disk8/nextcloud/

I tried both. Mapping /data to /mnt/disk1/Nextcloud and changing the included/excluded disks aswell but my parity and disk1 still do not spin down when the container is running. :-\

I'm using Nextcloud together with Nginex-letsencrypt. Don't know if that's the reason maybe. Are you using it this way aswell?

As my guide describes I'm using it with Apache.  I was mistaken, apparently I do have it mapped as /mnt/user/nextcloud

Been busy at work have not had a chance to check, but will post results. 

As my guide describes I'm using it with Apache.  I was mistaken, apparently I do have it mapped as /mnt/user/nextcloud

Do you limit your share to one disk via the share settings then? Will keep /mnt/user/Nextcloud aswell then and try to only include one disk.

Is there someone else using it together with Nginex and have the disk mapped to /data spinning all the time?

Hey guys, I got the Nextcloud docker set up yesterday (with help from CHBMB in the Nginx Container thread). It worked beautifully. Notice the '-ed'.

Then the problem started when I tried setting up reverse proxy with Nginx. I hate Apache with all my might and will never use it even if it comes wrapped in chocolate flowers. So I use Nginx, and the lack of any tutorial for Nginx really got me stumped.

I have the Docker set up on port 9000, since port 443 and 80 is already used up by my Nginx/Wordpress install. Everything went fine, setup went smooth, I could see and delete files inside Nextcloud, so far so good. Then I hit the wall when I tried setting up reverse proxy. It works, and I can type in cloud.example.com and it redirects to my server. But the problem is - it won't let me log in. At all.

Attached is the error message when I open inspector view. For those of you on mobile, this is the error message in text:

Refused to execute inline script because it violates the following Content Security Policy directive: "script-src 'self' 'unsafe-eval'". Either the 'unsafe-inline' keyword, a hash ('sha256-Vv06cSNCZln6C3GDj3jl163TqpSEik9IA1SYp3knJ/E='), or a nonce ('nonce-...') is required to enable inline execution.

Interesting as a dog shit sandwich. So what do you mean, inline script?

Second attachment is when I use inspector to look at the 'disabled' login button. If I remove the disabled tag, it lets me log in, but since there is no script running or something, none of the files come on display and all I get is the left side tab of Nextcloud.

I'm guessing this is because of some SSL issue or something like that but I still don't have any idea what is going on.

Here is my Nginx configuration (for the Nextcloud server block only):

server {
        listen 80;
        listen 443 ssl;

server_name cloud.example.com www.cloud.example.com;

ssl_ciphers 'ECDHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256:ECDHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384:DHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256:DHE-DSS-AES128-GCM-SHA256:kEDH+AESGCM:ECDHE-RSA-AES128-SHA256:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-SHA256:ECDHE-RSA-AES128-SHA:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-SHA:ECDHE-RSA-AES256-SHA384:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES256-SHA384:ECDHE-RSA-AES256-SHA:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES256-SHA:DHE-RSA-AES128-SHA256:DHE-RSA-AES128-SHA:DHE-DSS-AES128-SHA256:DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA256:DHE-DSS-AES256-SHA:DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA:AES128-GCM-SHA256:AES256-GCM-SHA384:AES128-SHA256:AES256-SHA256:AES128-SHA:AES256-SHA:AES:CAMELLIA:DES-CBC3-SHA:!aNULL:!eNULL:!EXPORT:!DES:!RC4:!MD5:!PSK:!aECDH:!EDH-DSS-DES-CBC3-SHA:!EDH-RSA-DES-CBC3-SHA:!KRB5-DES-CBC3-SHA';
        ssl_prefer_server_ciphers on;

client_max_body_size 0;

location / {
                include /config/nginx/proxy.conf;
                proxy_pass https://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:9000;
        }
}

I don't see anything out of order - but that might be because I'm stupid.

EDIT: Just in case. This is the proxy.conf which you can find above in the include /config/nginx/proxy.conf line.

client_max_body_size 10m;
client_body_buffer_size 128k;

#Timeout if the real server is dead
proxy_next_upstream error timeout invalid_header http_500 http_502 http_503;

# Advanced Proxy Config
send_timeout 5m;
proxy_read_timeout 240;
proxy_send_timeout 240;
proxy_connect_timeout 240;

# Basic Proxy Config
proxy_set_header Host $host:$server_port;
proxy_set_header X-Real-IP $remote_addr;
proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Proto https;
proxy_redirect  http://  $scheme://;
proxy_http_version 1.1;
proxy_set_header Connection "";
proxy_cache_bypass $cookie_session;
proxy_no_cache $cookie_session;
proxy_buffers 32 4k;

EDIT: I mostly followed (loosely) these tutorials:

https://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=51466.0

https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/9/admin_manual/configuration_server/reverse_proxy_configuration.html

https://www.linuxserver.io/installing-nextcloud-on-unraid/ (mostly useless cos I was running Nginx)

EDIT2: Some more troubleshooting. Since I run with Cloudflare, I just disabled it to try. When I do, Chrome gets an ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED. Which is totally weird and I can't even understand why. When I use Cloudflare it connects but the inline script is disabled.

Something is definitely wrong with the SSL certification things because reverse proxy (kinda) works with Cloudflare enabled.

error1.png.62394920aee760dd14061e0f48cbaf37.png

error2.png.ced5785bff788e67193954f6db150c8c.png

Do you limit your share to one disk via the share settings then? Will keep /mnt/user/Nextcloud aswell then and try to only include one disk.

Is there someone else using it together with Nginex and have the disk mapped to /data spinning all the time?

So I made some testing and its only the Nextcloud container that keeps my disks spinning (I removed Nginx temporarily).

I also tried including only one disk to the /data share.

Is there anything I can do? This issue really drives me crazy because I always let my server go to sleep when the array is inactive.  :-[

Strangely I had nothing but problems with Cloudflare when I tried it with Owncloud, was a fair while ago, (and using gfjardim's version of Owncloud), I've not bothered with it since...

Problem is when I enable CF I can connect to Nextcloud just fine, just that inline script execution is disabled (WWHHHYYYY)

And if I disable CF, then Chrome gives me an ERR_REFUSED_CONNECTION error so I can't even get to the login page

I found out what was happening.

https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/216537517-What-is-Content-Security-Policy-CSP-and-how-can-I-use-it-with-CloudFlare-

Basically Cloudflare injects some script thingy and it's not getting through the CSP of Nginx.

I need somebody with working inner knowledge to tell me how I can add this line to CSP:

script-src 'self' 'unsafe-inline'

That way I can use CF DDoS protection and still have access to my Nextcloud docker.

EDIT: I'm getting this in logs/nginx when I disable Cloudflare and try to access the login page (Chrome comes up with ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED), anybody have any idea whats going on? Basically I have another docker (Nginx) that reverse proxies requests, that's why it's shown as 172.17.0.1

2016/10/07 23:28:25 [error] 302#0: *1 connect() failed (111: Connection refused) while connecting to upstream, client: 172.17.0.1, server: _, request: "GET / HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:9000", host: "cloud.example.com:80"

I found out what was happening.

https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/216537517-What-is-Content-Security-Policy-CSP-and-how-can-I-use-it-with-CloudFlare-

Basically Cloudflare injects some script thingy and it's not getting through the CSP of Nginx.

I need somebody with working inner knowledge to tell me how I can add this line to CSP:

script-src 'self' 'unsafe-inline'

That way I can use CF DDoS protection and still have access to my Nextcloud docker.

EDIT: I'm getting this in logs/nginx when I disable Cloudflare and try to access the login page (Chrome comes up with ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED), anybody have any idea whats going on? Basically I have another docker (Nginx) that reverse proxies requests, that's why it's shown as 172.17.0.1

2016/10/07 23:28:25 [error] 302#0: *1 connect() failed (111: Connection refused) while connecting to upstream, client: 172.17.0.1, server: _, request: "GET / HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:9000", host: "cloud.example.com:80"

Yeah, Cloudflare caused me nothing but problems for Owncloud, which is why I mentioned it.  As for the nginx error, as I use Apache I can't help at all sorry.

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name="nextcloud" --net="bridge" -e TZ="Europe/London" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -e "PUID"="99" -e "PGID"="100" -p 443:443/tcp -v "/mnt/user/appdata/nextcloud":"/config":rw -v "":"/data":rw lsiodev/nextcloud
docker: Error response from daemon: Invalid volume spec ":/data:rw": volumeinvalid: Invalid volume specification: ':/data:rw'.
See '/usr/bin/docker run --help'.

The command failed.

any suggestions?

thanks

sorry this took a long while to reply to.

root@9ce0020c5a71:/config# ls -l
total 8
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  3753 Oct  1 22:44 custom.bak.cnf
-rw-r--r-- 1 abc  users 3773 Oct  2 14:32 custom.cnf
drwxr-xr-x 1 abc  users  400 Oct  1 23:17 databases
drwxr-xr-x 1 abc  users   72 Oct  1 22:39 log

sorry this took a long while to reply to.

root@9ce0020c5a71:/config# ls -l
total 8
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root  3753 Oct  1 22:44 custom.bak.cnf
-rw-r--r-- 1 abc  users 3773 Oct  2 14:32 custom.cnf
drwxr-xr-x 1 abc  users  400 Oct  1 23:17 databases
drwxr-xr-x 1 abc  users   72 Oct  1 22:39 log

What about file perms in /mnt/cache/appdata/mariadb/

Would expect them to be the same... 

So I made some testing and its only the Nextcloud container that keeps my disks spinning (I removed Nginx temporarily).

I also tried including only one disk to the /data share.

Is there anything I can do? This issue really drives me crazy because I always let my server go to sleep when the array is inactive.  :-[

I finally solved it.

Modified the logging settings within Nextcloud from everything to only errors etc.

Maybe someone else has this problem aswell.

• Upvote 1

I'm dealing with 2 other issues in Nextcloud.

1. I get the following warnings (same at Peter_SM)

Security & setup warnings

The "X-XSS-Protection" HTTP header is not configured to equal to "1; mode=block". This is a potential security or privacy risk and we recommend adjusting this setting.

The "X-Content-Type-Options" HTTP header is not configured to equal to "nosniff". This is a potential security or privacy risk and we recommend adjusting this setting.

The "X-Robots-Tag" HTTP header is not configured to equal to "none". This is a potential security or privacy risk and we recommend adjusting this setting.

The "X-Frame-Options" HTTP header is not configured to equal to "SAMEORIGIN". This is a potential security or privacy risk and we recommend adjusting this setting.

I tried googling the issue and tried a few of the recommended remedies, but nothing has helped.

2. I can't seem to be able to upload a file. I get various different errors, ranging from:

a. Internal Server Error

b. Bad Gateway

c. Request Entity too Large

I was successful in uploading one file, but nothing else will work. These files are small. A few MB at most.

I followed Peter_sm's directions and fixed the Security and Setup warnings, but I am also having the Request Entity too Large when trying to upload files larger than a few hundred MB. Anyone have a solution for that?