[Plugin] CA User Scripts

I have several scripts that I used to schedule by adding a .cron file to dynamix to be added to the crons to be run.  Your User Scripts means I can get rid of the .cron file and manage everything with the gui.  Nice work!

FYI: You are not cleaning up the old .txz files when User Scripts is updated.  Not really a problem, just a cleanup issue.

Doh. Finally found it at root rather than where I expected it in the script folder.

All ok now.

Is it worth setting the current directory to a set output directory since many scripts will send output to the current folder?

I looked in /tmp/ initially but eventually found it in the root folder. I didn't think of looking there first. Silly me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doh. Finally found it at root rather than where I expected it in the script folder.

All ok now.

Is it worth setting the current directory to a set output directory since many scripts will send output to the current folder?

I looked in /tmp/ initially but eventually found it in the root folder. I didn't think of looking there first. Silly me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

np  done  current directory of execution is /boot/config/plugins/user.scripts/scripts/whateverfolderyouchose

Suggestion....

how about a button to edit via simple web text field the description/script after they have been added.

Just a simple form with 2 text boxes, one for the desc and one for the script?

Thanks

Myk

Like this idea ;)

Maybe a button to add new script aswell if you do this Squid  ;D

Suggestion....

how about a button to edit via simple web text field the description/script after they have been added.

Thanks

Myk

Like this idea ;)

Because it's too easy to do this via notepad over the network?  Remember that the scripts are allowed to have dos line endings and a special editor is not required.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

a txt box in a html page is a special editor? - its built into the browser

To me (and I might be selfish....) using a txt box on a web browser form is 1000% more convenient than have to load up a txt edit program, get to the right directory, load, edit & save ...

duno - just my 2 cents/opinion

you seem to have a problem with almost all suggestions I make - so I am gonna leave the sleeping tiger alone

Myk

To me (and I might be selfish....) using a txt box on a web browser form is 1000% more convenient than have to load up a txt edit program, get to the right directory, load, edit & save ...

you seem to have a problem with almost all suggestions I make - so I am gonna leave the sleeping tiger alone

Myk

I actually pay zero attention to the author of any post anywhere.

With any feature req for any plugin I always weigh what I perceive to be the benefit vs my time.  While your req does have merit I don't honestly see the benefit vs time when I made the conscious effort to make the script and description as easy as possible to make changes to.

Ultimately as you have no doubt noticed by my posts throughout this forum I am a sarcastic person but really mean no harm or offense by any of it.  And on that basis I do apologize as I probably came off wrong.

• Like 1

Myk

Myk, don't take it personally I know Squid doesn't mean it that way.....

You should hear what he says to me about some of my suggestions, I'd tell you but it's not fit for publication on a forum.  ;D

Suggestion....

Thanks

Myk

Like this idea ;)

Because it's too easy to do this via notepad over the network?  Remember that the scripts are allowed to have dos line endings and a special editor is not required.

Nah, just trying to make up something for you to do ::)

Suggestion....

Thanks

Myk

Like this idea ;)

Nah, just trying to make up something for you to do ::)

Don't worry about that.  Got my hands full.  Stay tuned

Wow this Plugin is simply Awesome. I've been wanting something like this forever.

Is there a way to remove or edit some of the Example Scripts? I don't use Dockers for instance.

That's simple and easy (well, not right now it isn't, but by tomorrow it will be)

What user does this script run as?  Is there an option for me to run as another user?

The reason I ask is I have an rsync script that will backup folders to an external SFTP.  I tried setting up the same SSH keys for both root and the user, but it doesn't seem to want to work properly.

Maybe I can setup the 'script' file to call my user script and have it run as that user?

Wow this Plugin is simply Awesome. I've been wanting something like this forever.

Is there a way to remove or edit some of the Example Scripts? I don't use Dockers for instance.

ok.  Updated to support this.

What I'm basically doing is if there is no user scripts defined on the flash drive, then at plugin install (or reboot) the sample scripts will get copied over to the flash drive.

If there are already scripts on the flash drive, then no copying will take place.  Net result is that you can delete / modify the included samples to your hearts content.

Caveat however.  If you are using (or want to) 1 or more of the sample scripts and already have user defined ones, you are going to lose access to the samples.  Easiest solution is to rename the scripts folder on the flash drive to something else, uninstall and reinstall the plugin, then copy your user defined scripts back into the scripts folder.  One time procedure.