jbrodriguez

ControlR (Android/iOS app for unRAID)

Wow, I had all but forgotten about that !

Thanks for the heads up, I'll fix in the next plugin release.

21 hours ago, wgstarks said:

I think my preference would be an on/off switch or maybe show/hide

That's fine, I'll do in the plugin settings.

When I try to add a second server, it actually replaces the first one instead of getting added to the server list.

This is on vanilla installation. Is this just me?

Hi olympia, is it possible that the servers have the same name (despite different ip addresses) ?

If that's not the case, the server isn't being added at all.

Are you adding it from within your LAN ?

Let me know, to further troubleshoot.

Hi, yes, the servers have the same name, but they are on different IPs and different subnets (and different sites, but that's not relevant here).

I can add and manage both of them individually one at a time, but cannot add them together.

Ok, that makes sense.

The name is used as the key for storage.

I'll add a name field to the Manual add page: if a name is given (optional), the app will use it, otherwise it will use the name from the server itself.

This way, in cases like yours, you can name (on the app) one of the servers differently and it will be added normally.

v3.2.0 is available on Play/App store !

Allow a custom server name to be set, to account for multiple references to the same or separate servers.

Also in this release:
- Fix for hardware back button handling (android only)
- Improve logic to obtain system stats (temps, fans)
- Other bug fixes and improvements

Make sure to also install the latest version of the plugin (which will be up shortly)

Many thanks jbrodriguez! It works perfectly now!

a minor thing: while I was adding servers I used the autocomplete for IP addresses and my Android OS put a space after the IP address during the autocomplete. ControlR won't add the server in this case as it seems it is not recognizing it as an IP/host. Took me quite some mins to figure out what's wrong. Maybe you could look into this to avoid confusion of users in similar case?

Not sure how difficult it would be to code, but would be nice, if the order of the servers could be modified (not something you cannot live without, but always nice to have your own server as first :) )

Thank you again!

3 hours ago, olympia said:

and my Android OS put a space after the IP address during the autocomplete

You're right. When I rewrote the app, I missed trimming the input in these fields. Will fix it.

3 hours ago, olympia said:

if the order of the servers could be modified

Currently, they're sorted by ip address/hostname. 

I'll look into sorting by name.

Looks like I have run into a bug. Used this app to reboot my server and now it’s hung on this screen after the boot completes-

C9008FD1-1B7A-4C51-8E9F-E8A8A390C87C.thumb.png.29ec0f2c25d89f2426a0ba05e3088073.png

I can’t go back. The only option is to force quit the app.

Edit: Only happens if you close the app before the shutdown process completes. If I just leave it open, no issues.

Edited by wgstarks

17 hours ago, wgstarks said:

Only happens if you close the app before the shutdown process completes. If I just leave it open, no issues.

Oh ok, that sounds better.

What's probably happening is that when you open the app back again, it sees the server is (still) up, since it has already rebooted.

The apps waits a bit for the server to go down (reboot/powerdown), by checking if it's still online.

I've reduced the time it waits checking for this, to about 4 min. I'll probably lower it a bit more.

3 hours ago, jbrodriguez said:

I'll probably lower it a bit more

Probably a good idea. Otherwise you have to wait for the shutdown to complete (about 60 secs for me) before you can close the app.