[Support] DVBLink, Kerio Connect, Apache-php, TVHProxy, Webgrabplus

No activity on this thread since June, Docker last updated in June and your question is unanswered, looking like this is dead project :-( 

Just thought I would have a go with this as I am suffering a pixelation issue when cpu is stressed but cannot get the WEBUI either

Thx for trying.  I'm running ok in a VM, but it's not perfect e.g. I have to make sure I'm logged in or recordings don't work

what do you have to make sure you are logged in to?

DVBLink server runs as a Windows service, which does not have access in Windows to the network drives, mapped by a user.  Changing it to a user account instead of local admin allows access, but the user has to be logged in i.e. when my VM boots overnight it needs me to login every morning to get TV recordings working - live TV is fine.

I'm going to have another go using a symbolic link as this post seems to indicate this should have been persistent at boot http://forum.dvblogic.com/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=31714&p=115725

Ah yes, I remember that now!

I too have changed the service to run as a user but if you set your VM to login automatically (run netplwiz) everything will be automatic!  8)

I used to do that with an 'HTPC' account that logged in automatically so that dvblink, plex etc could work but anyone using the PC wouldn't get to my email etc. 

However, my kids are old enough to use internet browsers and I don't want them having unlimited access to one of the VMs - they get a set amount to use each today on their profiles using the MSFT family settings.  That's the problem I'm trying to solve - how give dvblink network access without the PC having to be logged on as my VM backup job runs overnight and reboots the machine...

The unelegant solution is to create another W10 VM just to run dvblink with maybe just 2 cores.  Messy and another VM to manage - would much rather get working in a docker.

Yes, would love the docker to work but that is due to my pixilation issues on heavy CPU usage,

I do run just a vm with 4GB assigned purely to run DVBLink & Crashplan so I use the auto login, it can stay running forever without any issues until I start a video encode it pixelates DVBLink (even after the encode has finished) the only way to clear it again is to reboot :-S

The docker would probably be the answer but like you I cannot get the WEBUI!

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, DZMM said:

I tried

docker exec -it DVBLink bash 
dpkg -i dvblink-server-pc-linux-ubuntu-64bit.deb

but it didn't work for me.  It pulled down files to my appdata so an improvement, but the docker won't start.

Yeah. I did actually get it up and running, but it's non persistent across docker restarts.  I'll see if I can play around a bit more over the next few weeks.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2017 at 1:55 PM, CHBMB said:

Yeah. I did actually get it up and running, but it's non persistent across docker restarts.  I'll see if I can play around a bit more over the next few weeks.

Have you had a chance to play with this yet?

I'm still running in a VM which is mostly ok, but causes the occassional problem when my VM sometimes doesn't start DVBlink properly after an overnight backup.  I'd also prefer to run in a docker as I'm assuming I'd get slightly less stutter - not a major problem currently as it's not enough for the family to notice, but I can see stutter sometimes if I look hard enough

• 2 months later...

After hours of testing the DVBLink Docker is working without Problems.

The Config Files are now in the Unraid share so the configuration is consistant.

The DVBLink Docker is starting correctly after a restart.

Enjoy it.

• Upvote 1
7 hours ago, chvb said:

After hours of testing the DVBLink Docker is working without Problems.

The Config Files are now in the Unraid share so the configuration is consistant.

The DVBLink Docker is starting correctly after a restart.

Enjoy it.

Docker installed ok - tick

Couldn't get TVSource to install though :-(

27 minutes ago, chvb said:

Did you have add the extra Parameters?

I use a SatIP Device. There is working everything fine.

ahh I didn't bother doing the extra parameters as I was just going to see if the software worked - it installed tvsource fine once I added the actual cards.  brilliant - good work

On 10.6.2017 at 9:32 AM, DZMM said:

ahh I didn't bother doing the extra parameters as I was just going to see if the software worked - it installed tvsource fine once I added the actual cards.  brilliant - good work

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

For the DVBLink Docker you can now use a Softcam on a Intel System.

I've tested it and it works well!

Starting from build 14061/14072/14073 (depending on the platform - viewtopic.php?f=55&t=31285) DVBLink TVSource supports new plugin interface, called mdjapi. The plugins are only supported on intel-based platforms - e.g. Windows, Ubuntu, MacOS, all intel-based NAS models.

The plugin spec comes from the original acamd author and was recently published here (spec is in English, site is in Dutch):
https://www.sat4all.com/forums/topic/23 ... &p=2430476

Another group of developers was working on the implementation of mdjapi for DVBLink. I have seen the pre-built binaries on a filedrop site at the following link (I do not know how long they will stay there):
http://dropmefiles.com/B47VM

The plugins have to be put into <dvblink share directory>/mirror/sources/<your tvsource source>/plugins.

Edited by chvb
  • 1 month later...

I'm trying to get tvhproxy working but Plex doesn't find it, makes no difference if I supply it with the IP address of the docker.

If I go to http://192.168.1.159:5004 (the IP address I have assigned to tvhproxy) with a web browser it returns a 404 error which the tvhproxy docker logs show so it's kind of running but something isn't right. Does anybody have this working?

Edited by unJim
On 10.8.2017 at 5:14 PM, unJim said:

I'm trying to get tvhproxy working but Plex doesn't find it, makes no difference if I supply it with the IP address of the docker.

If I go to http://192.168.1.159:5004 (the IP address I have assigned to tvhproxy) with a web browser it returns a 404 error which the tvhproxy docker logs show so it's kind of running but something isn't right. Does anybody have this working?

yes, i guess u have a common setup as i do, plex, tvh and proxy all on unraid, if u assign a ip to tvhproxy it cant be accessed by the other dockers, i assume some sort of security,

u need all dockers assign an ip ... tvh, plex and tvhproxy, then it works.

the webgui of the proxy (192.x.x.x:5004) will always end up in 404, doesnt matter.