Help with Dell PERC H310

Hey guys,

So I ordered a Dell PERC H310 off of ebay and got it today. I am trying to flash it to IT mode but so far none of the commands have provided the results I expect.

I am following the instructions in the readme file provided through the 1st step in instructions here: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=12767.msg259006#msg259006

When I run 1.bat which should write the SAS address to a text file, i get nothing returned and the text file only has Exit Status:0x01 in it. When I try to display an adapter count it says 0 but if i list all there is 1 there.

If I boot into windows, the adapter is listed in device manager but the says there was a hardware I/O error. I suppose that may be normal?

Any help anyone can provide here would be great. I have never done this before. Is it DOA maybe?

Also, the LED on it is blinking slowly, if that means anything.

Thanks

I only had one PC to test it with and that is my main desktop. I do not have an extra slot in my unraid server and didn't really want to introduce it if I wasn't sure it was working. I am returning it to the seller and bought another one from another vendor on ebay. Hopefully the 2nd one is good.

Is there a set guide to do this process? I found several different sets of steps here and everyone seems to do it a little differently.

I only had one PC to test it with and that is my main desktop. I do not have an extra slot in my unraid server and didn't really want to introduce it if I wasn't sure it was working. I am returning it to the seller and bought another one from another vendor on ebay. Hopefully the 2nd one is good.

Is there a set guide to do this process? I found several different sets of steps here and everyone seems to do it a little differently.

I just flashed my H310 this morning and followed the steps in the p19 zip. I updated to p20 though. I ran into no problems at all following the steps.

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=12767.msg259006#msg259006

How did you update to v20?  Did you go to 19 than 20?  Thanks!

I want from P16 to P20 (using the newest 20 from LSI's site)

It was pretty easy, I just downloaded the BIOS and Firmware package and replaced the necessary files in the p19 folder and renamed it to 20.

Hmm, when I use the latest FW from the LSI site (the file in the Firmware directory is a .bin file, while the P19 folder has a .fw file, not sure if it matters), it keeps failing.  I have to clear the firmware again, reboot and go back to the Dell firmware.  I'm wondering if I have to change something in the sas2flsh command?

Hmm, when I use the latest FW from the LSI site (the file in the Firmware directory is a .bin file, while the P19 folder has a .fw file, not sure if it matters), it keeps failing.  I have to clear the firmware again, reboot and go back to the Dell firmware.  I'm wondering if I have to change something in the sas2flsh command?

It should be a .bin file. Make sure you're downloading the correct file off the LSI site. The file should be called something like 9211-8i_Package_P20_IR_IT_Firmware_BIOS_for_MSDOS_Windows.

In there should be a .bin file with the same name as the one in the p19 folder. You just have to replace it. The only changes to the bat file you need to make are in the last step where you add your SAS addess and if you want to flash the Bios you need to uncomment/add the extra command.

• 1 year later...