withdrawn

Can anyone point me to a url where all the ruTorrent settings are described - for tweaking performance - the settings pages seems a bit different from utorrent (which I am familiar with)?

Does the rtorrent also support encryption like utorrent because many utorrent peers might be blocking the connection because it is not encrypted.

You may better ask such questions on their forums:

http://forums.rutorrent.org/

http://libtorrent.rakshasa.no/

http://code.google.com/p/rutorrent/wiki/TableOfContents

http://libtorrent.rakshasa.no/browser/trunk/rtorrent/doc/rtorrent.rc#latest

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

will this package be updated to rutorrent 3.1 (seems to be out now)?

Do you have a speciffic reason for wanting rutorrent 3.1?

more options, specifically right-click on file.

The version we currently have already has right-click on file. 

And you just used up your one chance to say what it it speciffically that you want.  :)

I have built an networked an unraid server over the last month or so, and installed this package (perpetuates on reboot, etc).  I am having a heck of a time getting the rss plug in to work.  I have read the first post on this thread on it, but so far, epic fail on my part!  Can someone hold my hand on this or point me toward a how to on installing plug ins for this?

TIA

I have built an networked an unraid server over the last month or so, and installed this package (perpetuates on reboot, etc).  I am having a heck of a time getting the rss plug in to work.  I have read the first post on this thread on it, but so far, epic fail on my part!  Can someone hold my hand on this or point me toward a how to on installing plug ins for this?

TIA

how did you install the plugin?

will this package be updated to rutorrent 3.1 (seems to be out now)?

Do you have a speciffic reason for wanting rutorrent 3.1?

more options, specifically right-click on file.

The version we currently have already has right-click on file. 

And you just used up your one chance to say what it it speciffically that you want.  :)

"Remove and" option

ability to add trackers to torrent "Edit torrent"

for start...  :)

I have installed rtorrent (using the package provided).

My HDDs are not spinning down automatically since then - I have currently no downloading or seeding torrents.

When pressing the spin-down all drives button they do spin down.

Does anyone have this problem?

EDIT:

disks have spun up again for no apparent reason.

EDIT:

can this be because rtorrent scans the "auto" directory for new torrents?

EDIT:

I am by no means an expert on rtorrent or this package but I am running rtorrent on my server and the drive I have associated with the downloaded never spins down.  Whether I am uploading, downloading, or doing absolutely nothing with the server the drive does not spin down.  As soon as I kill rtorrent and the spin down timer kicks in the drive spins down perfectly fine.

EDIT:

I am by no means an expert on rtorrent or this package but I am running rtorrent on my server and the drive I have associated with the downloaded never spins down.  Whether I am uploading, downloading, or doing absolutely nothing with the server the drive does not spin down.  As soon as I kill rtorrent and the spin down timer kicks in the drive spins down perfectly fine.

how do you kill rtorrent?

Can this be solved somehow?

Can the following plugins be converted to unraid?

1. erasedata - adds "Delete with the data" to the right click context menu.

2. edit - allows to edit the trackers list of the existing torrent.

3. retrackers - automatically adds defined re-trackers for newly added torrents.

Thank you

Can the following plugins be converted to unraid?

1. erasedata - adds "Delete with the data" to the right click context menu.

Thank you

I too would like this plugin along with: autotools - realizes some automation functions (autolabel, automove).  I really like having my torrents organized in a very specific way... and to not have to always do it manually would be fantastic.

• 4 weeks later...

Dear unraiders,

As the first post says, I had to withdraw this package due to some incompatibilities that were discovered.  I'll try finding some time to fix those problems and make a new package.  Until then, please remove the links, and don't mirror the old package elsewhere.  Those who've been using the old package without problems may continue using it on their own risk.  Thank you for your understanding.