4.5 Release, AD Join Issues

I've read through the threads and tried things from there but I have still not been able to get my 4.5 Pro joined to the domain. Here's my latest log.

Dec 16 10:51:14 Tower logger: Starting Samba:  /usr/sbin/nmbd -D

Dec 16 10:51:14 Tower logger:                  /usr/sbin/smbd -D

Dec 16 10:51:18 Tower logger: Starting Samba:  /usr/sbin/nmbd -D

Dec 16 10:51:18 Tower logger:                  /usr/sbin/smbd -D

Dec 16 10:51:25 Tower logger: Failed to join domain: Invalid configuration ("realm" set to 'ATLANTA'

, should be 'mdanetwork.net') and configuration modification was not requested

Dec 16 10:51:46 Tower logger: Failed to join domain: Invalid configuration ("realm" set to 'ATLANTA'

, should be 'mdanetwork.net') and configuration modification was not requested

Dec 16 10:51:50 Tower logger: Starting Samba:  /usr/sbin/nmbd -D

Dec 16 10:51:50 Tower logger:                  /usr/sbin/smbd -D

root@Tower2:/var/log#

When I enter my FQDN in the AD Domain it gives me an error in the syslog stating that I need to set it to my netbios name or my fqdn. Not sure what is going on.

I was reading the basic useage and noticed that limetech states that you need to put the entire unraid fqdn name in the AD domain box. Does that work?

Any help would be appreciated.

• 5 weeks later...

What sort of a domain are you guys trying to join?  One hosted by an NT4 server or an ActiveDirectory one hosted by a Windows 2000, 2003, 2008 server or one hosted by SAMBA on a Linux box (which at this point in time is rather like the NT4 server)?  I am curious as I have a SAMBA on Linux domain but have not yet tried joining my unraid box to it.

Regards,

Stephen

• 1 year later...

I am running a 2003 native domain. I have attached my syslog also.

I have found the answer to this issue. You need to create a smb-extra.conf file with entries for realm=FQDN and workgroup=Netbios names and put it in the path that your smb.conf has in it for you to be able to join the domain.

thanks,

Phil