[Plugin] CA Fix Common Problems

6 minutes ago, mattekure said:

I am getting the error 

Docker Application binhex-delugevpn, Container Port 58946 not found or changed on installed application

but when I look into the binhex-delugevpn docker both the container port and host port are 58846 not 58946.

Discussion starts here and then read the next few posts. May answer your question.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Docker Safe New Perms has stopped working for me. I've been having issues with the permissions for all items on the root of my cache. In the past I've been able to fix them using this script, but it's no longer having any effect. Now the only solution I've found is to reboot my server. I checked the log but saw nothing other than that the script had run (no details). Started another thread to try and eliminate whatever is causing the permissions issue, but it would be nice if I could find a simpler fix than having to reboot.

4 hours ago, wgstarks said:

Docker Safe New Perms has stopped working for me. I've been having issues with the permissions for all items on the root of my cache. In the past I've been able to fix them using this script, but it's no longer having any effect. Now the only solution I've found is to reboot my server. I checked the log but saw nothing other than that the script had run (no details). Started another thread to try and eliminate whatever is causing the permissions issue, but it would be nice if I could find a simpler fix than having to reboot.

Script still works.  But if you're having continual problems, then its some application (docker) that's writing files with the wrong permissions and/or you're using a Mac which I was helping a guy the other day where it was creating files with incorrect permissions via SMB

2 minutes ago, Squid said:

Script still works.

After I run the script the permissions still haven't been repaired. Is there some log I could check for an error?

4 minutes ago, Squid said:

But if you're having continual problems, then its some application (docker) that's writing files with the wrong permissions and/or you're using a Mac which I was helping a guy the other day where it was creating files with incorrect permissions via SMB

I think you're right about the docker. Haven't figured out which one though.

I do use macs but never noticed any issues with the files transferred from them. How could I tell if this was a problem? What was the fix?

No fix.  Permissions being written via a Mac via SMB on user A wouldn't allow user B to modify them (rw-r--r--  userX:users instead of (rw-rw-rw userX:users) as it'll be on a Win machine via SMB

Since I don't use a Mac, I can't replicate therefore I can't issue a defect report myself.

Just did a little test. Wrote a file to an unraid share via SMB to check permissions.

root@Brunnhilde:/mnt/user/Media/Temp# ls -al
total 112
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody   users     55 Sep  3 20:09 ./
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody   users     38 Sep  3 20:09 ../
-rw-rw-rw- 1 wgstarks users 107685 Jun 13  2016 NCSBA\ Honey\ Competition\ Rules.pdf

I think this is proper, right?

19 hours ago, Squid said:

Script still works.  But if you're having continual problems, then its some application (docker) that's writing files with the wrong permissions and/or you're using a Mac which I was helping a guy the other day where it was creating files with incorrect permissions via SMB

Looks like you are absolutely correct. I've been doing some reading this morning (more still to do) and it looks like this was all caused by the way I was mounting the SMB shares on my Mac. The shares were originally set as private and I was connecting using user credentials. From what I have been reading this sets special permissions. I changed the shares to public with OS X support enabled and connect as guest and the problem is solved. I guess guest access uses nobody/users permissions.

15 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

Looks like you are absolutely correct. I've been doing some reading this morning (more still to do) and it looks like this was all caused by the way I was mounting the SMB shares on my Mac. The shares were originally set as private and I was connecting using user credentials. From what I have been reading this sets special permissions. I changed the shares to public with OS X support enabled and connect as guest and the problem is solved. I guess guest access uses nobody/users permissions.

Open a defect report with the findings.  Saving a file via a Mac with OSX interoperability enabled should result in --rw-rw-rw username:users   I would, but nobody's ever supplied me with a valid OSX image for a VM that I could get to work.

Now I'm totally confused.:D

Here's what I got with a file written with anonymous login-

Brunnhilde login: root
Password: 
Linux 4.9.30-unRAID.
Last login: Mon Sep  4 12:09:10 -0400 2017 on /dev/pts/0 from 10.0.1.190.
root@Brunnhilde:~# cd /mnt/user/Media/Temp
total 112
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users     47 Sep  4 15:17 ./
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users     30 Sep  4 15:17 ../
-rw-r--r-- 1 nobody users 107685 Jun 13  2016 NCSBA\ Honey\ Competition\ Rules.pdf
root@Brunnhilde:/mnt/user/Media/Temp#   

Same file created with my user login-

Password: 
Linux 4.9.30-unRAID.
Last login: Mon Sep  4 15:18:06 -0400 2017 on /dev/pts/0 from 10.0.1.190.
total 112
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody   users     47 Sep  4 15:25 ./
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody   users     50 Sep  4 15:24 ../
-rw-r--r-- 1 wgstarks users 107685 Jun 13  2016 NCSBA\ Honey\ Competition\ Rules.pdf

6 minutes ago, ljm42 said:

Just a heads up, I formatted a disk as encrypted XFS in 6.4.0-rc8q and FCP wasn't happy with me:  

Error: Disk disk1 is formatted as luks:xfs

Not complaining, it is a new rc after all :)

I blame @limetech >:(

@anyone or @johnnie.black  So that I don't make any assumptions here, is the file system of an encrypted disk within disk.ini listed as luks:xfs, luks:btrfs, luks:reiserfs?

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, wgstarks said:

Now I'm totally confused.:D

Here's what I got with a file written with anonymous login-

Password: 
Linux 4.9.30-unRAID.
Last login: Mon Sep  4 12:09:10 -0400 2017 on /dev/pts/0 from 10.0.1.190.
total 112
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users     47 Sep  4 15:17 ./
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users     30 Sep  4 15:17 ../
-rw-r--r-- 1 nobody users 107685 Jun 13  2016 NCSBA\ Honey\ Competition\ Rules.pdf

Same file created with my user login-

Password: 
Linux 4.9.30-unRAID.
Last login: Mon Sep  4 15:18:06 -0400 2017 on /dev/pts/0 from 10.0.1.190.
total 112
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody   users     47 Sep  4 15:25 ./
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody   users     50 Sep  4 15:24 ../
-rw-r--r-- 1 wgstarks users 107685 Jun 13  2016 NCSBA\ Honey\ Competition\ Rules.pdf

Both permissions are incorrect on the Honey Competition.  (I want to believe that its something Bee related, but secretly I'm hoping that by Honey Competition, you're comparing wives  :D )

If I could, I would do a defect report.  But I don't feel comfortable doing that at this point since I cannot replicate via a Windows system.

6 minutes ago, Squid said:

You're the best @anyone!

Here another reply from @anyone, and maybe interesting for FCP.

There is a new disk parameter "luksState" which indicates the encryption state.

0: no encryption present
1: disk is correctly encrypted
2: missing encryption key
3: wrong encryption key
other value: unknown error

Edited by bonienl
7 minutes ago, bonienl said:

Here another reply from @anyone, and maybe interesting for FCP.

There is a new disk parameter "luksState" which indicates the encryption state.

0: no encryption present
1: disk is correctly encrypted
2: missing encryption key
3: wrong encryption key
other value: unknown error

Sure, tell me after I update the plugin.

I'll have to create an unRaid VM to play around and see all of this.

• 4 weeks later...