[Request] GoDaddy DNS Updater

Hi Guys and Gals.

Dont know how much this will appeal to the masses, but im hoping someone might be able to help?

I have a Domain-Name which i own with GoDaddy, and i have seen a py script to get a record updated instead of using a DynDNS service like im currently paying for Dyn.org Pro.

What i am seeking is a simple docker, to just execute the script, but to make it portable for others, be able to input the few variables needed from the docker configuration page

If anyone is available or willing to help, please reply or PM me

thanks for the tip, however its not what im after

cheers

Bump - Anyone want to help?

I tried, but you discarded my help.

I have a godaddy domain name, how can I use this for my WAN IP adress ?

//Peter

Yes, you can, Peter.

1) Create and account at https://www.cloudflare.com/a/sign-up ;

2) Go to https://www.cloudflare.com/a/add-site , add your domain at the text box and then hit "Scan DNS Records". When it finished, hit "Continue Setup" in front of your domain name;

3) In the next page, you will see that CloudFlare will setup some DNS records for you by default. You don't need to change them except you need to deactivate the traffic protection (you need to click on the orange clouds in "Status" until they becomes gray). Hit "Continue";

4) In the next page, it will ask you to choose a plan. Please select "Free Website" and hit "Continue";

5) In the next page, it will present you some DNS nameservers. Copy those on the second column, you will need them later;

6) You're done with CloudFlare. Now go to GoDaddy, and change your DNS nameservers to those you get above.

The basic setup is done. Now I need to know what router do you use? If it's pfSense, we can use it's internal DDNS client; if not, we will have to use another client hosted on your server, ok?

Hey guys,

I ended up making my own Docker for this, its far from perfect, but its just a basic Debian (Jessie) Docker with Python 3.4 and PIP and Venv.

This is called upon by the cron.hourly of the host unRaid system. Checks the WAN/External IP, if its different to its history it updates in GoDaddy's ZoneFile. If the IP is same, then it just sleeps again until the next cron.hourly to kick it off again.

The Dockerfile isnt usable at this stage for it, as i havent worked out how to parse variables from the DockerFile config into the login script within the VM.

If anyone would like to help me itd be great, otherwise ill close the request.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On 4/29/2016 at 5:40 AM, gfjardim said:

Yes, you can, Peter.

1) Create and account at https://www.cloudflare.com/a/sign-up ;

2) Go to https://www.cloudflare.com/a/add-site , add your domain at the text box and then hit "Scan DNS Records". When it finished, hit "Continue Setup" in front of your domain name;

3) In the next page, you will see that CloudFlare will setup some DNS records for you by default. You don't need to change them except you need to deactivate the traffic protection (you need to click on the orange clouds in "Status" until they becomes gray). Hit "Continue";

4) In the next page, it will ask you to choose a plan. Please select "Free Website" and hit "Continue";

5) In the next page, it will present you some DNS nameservers. Copy those on the second column, you will need them later;

6) You're done with CloudFlare. Now go to GoDaddy, and change your DNS nameservers to those you get above.

The basic setup is done. Now I need to know what router do you use? If it's pfSense, we can use it's internal DDNS client; if not, we will have to use another client hosted on your server, ok?

I use pfsense and wondering what to do to complete this after changing the nameservers on GoDaddy