[Plugin] Linuxserver.io - Unraid DVB

24 minutes ago, Cessquill said:

Thanks for that @CHBMB.  No joy I'm afraid...

unRAID Version: 6.4.0_rc10b
DVB Version: LibreELEC
Driver Version: 1.2.1
DVB Kernel: Detected
DVB Adapter Drivers: Not Detected
DVB Adapter 0: Not Detected

I'm absolutely stumped by this one, the firmware is in the LE version with the correct md5sum

Just on the off chance what does ls -la /dev/dvb/ give you?

2 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

I'm absolutely stumped by this one, the firmware is in the LE version with the correct md5sum

Thanks for your time.  In 6.3.5 I get...

root@unRAID1:~# ls -la /dev/dvb/
total 0
drwxr-xr-x  4 nobody users   80 Oct 29 18:20 ./
drwxr-xr-x 18 root   root  4840 Oct 29 18:20 ../
drwxr-xr-x  2 nobody users  120 Oct 29 18:20 adapter0/
drwxr-xr-x  2 nobody users  120 Oct 29 18:20 adapter1/

I will try in LE shortly - somebody's streaming Plex at the moment...

20 hours ago, Cessquill said:

unRAID Version: 6.4.0_rc10b
DVB Version: LibreELEC
Driver Version: 1.2.1
DVB Kernel: Detected
DVB Adapter Drivers: Not Detected
DVB Adapter 0: Not Detected

@CHBMB is the plugin version of rc10b out?  It's not coming up in my available plugin updates

19 minutes ago, Rick Gillyon said:

Sorry, noob here, how do I get the plugin to show RCs for download? Mine only shows up to 6.3.5.

You need to first upgrade to one of the 6.4.0-rc versions as described here

Once that's installed, the DVB plugin page will display the extra versions that can be selected.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Rick Gillyon said:

I think maybe I posted this:

in the wrong place. Is anyone here able to help me out before I chuck my new machine out the window...  o.O

Sorry mate, I haven't passed through a tuner for a very long time.  This is the only info I have on passing through a TV tuner to Windows.  When I did it, it worked fine, but that's 2 and a half years ago now.

Edited by CHBMB

Sorry mate, I haven't passed through a tuner for a very long time.  This is the only info I have on passing through a TV tuner to Windows.  When I did it, it worked fine, but that's 2 and a half years ago now.

Thanks, I had looked at that thread along with hundreds of others, but they all seem outdated now. If you stub the devices they are selectable in the gui setting up the VM, and it puts the XML in for you. Unless it means I shouldn't stub but just put the XML in?

There's no equivalent to the "--device=/dev/dvb/" for VMs?

"

1 minute ago, Rick Gillyon said:

Thanks, I had looked at that thread along with hundreds of others, but they all seem outdated now. If you stub the devices they are selectable in the gui setting up the VM, and it puts the XML in for you. Unless it means I shouldn't stub but just put the XML in?

There's no equivalent to the "--device=/dev/dvb/" for VMs?

"

Passing through is the VM equivalent.  One thing to try, is use a stock Unraid build, not a DVB one, see if that makes a difference.  It shouldn't as you're stubbing it.  But worth a shot

• Like 1

Passing through is the VM equivalent.  One thing to try, is use a stock Unraid build, not a DVB one, see if that makes a difference.  It shouldn't as you're stubbing it.  But worth a shot

Thanks, I'll try. The way things are going I'll have built this machine as my pvr but all the tuners will still be in the old one. O.o

On 10/29/2017 at 6:43 PM, CHBMB said:

@CHBMB I've just tried b13 LibreElec build on the off-chance, and it's working now.  Not sure what's changed, but two adapters are showing up.

They're showing as Conexant CX24117/CX24132 rather than TBS (that I was getting in the 6.3.5 official TBS build), but I'm getting playback from TVH.  Anything to worry about?

12 minutes ago, Cessquill said:

@CHBMB I've just tried b13 LibreElec build on the off-chance, and it's working now.  Not sure what's changed, but two adapters are showing up.

They're showing as Conexant CX24117/CX24132 rather than TBS (that I was getting in the 6.3.5 official TBS build), but I'm getting playback from TVH.  Anything to worry about?

I was wondering if that was the problem.....

Found a problem with Proc-ProcessTable yesterday, I guess because Perl was updated, recompiled it with the newer version of Perl and hoped that might fix the issue.  I only noticed when I was compiling RC13, so my guess would be RC12a won't work for you.  Might be interesting to test my theory if you tried it.....

Yeah, the tuners names change when you switch to the OS build, nothing to worry about.

EDIT: Disregard the above, just noticed you're using the LE build, so in that case, only two options, there was a very small package update to the LE firmware and there were upstream kernel changes.  One of them must be responsible.....

Edited by CHBMB
  • Squid locked this topic