[Plugin] Linuxserver.io - Unraid DVB

hey there!

does anybody know, if the OMNIKEY 3121 USB-Card reader is (driver wise) supported out of the box with this unRAID/-Media build? else i would need help on that topic (how to add additional drivers).

when changing over to unRAID for TV/-recording i would need to add my smartcard to it. that model was mentioned often in discussions so i guess it would fit perfectly.

thx.

hey there!

does anybody know, if the OMNIKEY 3121 USB-Card reader is (driver wise) supported out of the box with this unRAID/-Media build? else i would need help on that topic (how to add additional drivers).

when changing over to unRAID for TV/-recording i would need to add my smartcard to it. that model was mentioned often in discussions so i guess it would fit perfectly.

thx.

I have an Omnikey 6121 that works without problem passed through to my Oscam container.

Hi CHBMB,

had a call with Digital Devices now. The github dddvb repo (vendor development) is the repo to use. media-build-experimental from endriss is outdated (as you can see on his last commit 11 month ago).

Here are the Knowledgebase entry for dddvb:

http://support.digital-devices.eu/knowledgebase.php?article=152

Newest is 0.9.23 (https://github.com/DigitalDevices/dddvb/archive/0.9.23.tar.gz)

There is another user on github (herrnst) who tries to integrate the dddvb drivers into the mainline kernel :-). Maybe his dev-repo helps you  (reuse of code) for your DVB Edition:

https://github.com/herrnst/dddvb-linux-kernel/tree/mediatree/master-ddbridge

("Basic" branch for ddbridge 0.9.23 and CXD2843/STV0367/STV090x/STV0910/DRXK-Support (Dual DVB-C/C2/T/T2/S/S2-cards and -modules)

https://github.com/herrnst/dddvb-linux-kernel/tree/mediatree/master-ddbridge-features

("Feature" branch with DVB-API-changes (DVB-C2-Support, MaxS8/mxl5xx-Support, OctoNet-Support, Resi DVB-C-Modulator, CXD2099/DuoFlex-CI-improvments)

I have sent a message to Digital Devices today along with some logs so we'll see what they say....  ::)

Reply back from Digital Devices.

140zSx4.png

So the next step is to produce a build and see if someone will kindly test.  ;)

The only other problem is going to be with ddbridge.conf

I think the way I will appproach this is to produce a build with one version of ddbridge.conf and if the end user needs to change the config I will have a script for them to run to decompress the bzroot file, allowing them to edit the ddbridge.conf file and recompress bzroot.  This will need to be done by the end user for any other config than ddbridge.conf with the line.  From reading the documentation, I think this should only affect those who are using the Max S8 card.

options ddbridge msi=0

I'm going to produce an Unraid V6 Beta 23 build with the new drivers and from this point on will only be making the github version ASSUMING they work as expected.

That looks great. Same compiler output as on my virtual system.

herrnst has also a branch for kernel 4.4.x:

https://github.com/herrnst/dddvb-linux-kernel/tree/linux-4.4.y-ddbridge-features

May take a look at this branch for dddvb changes or ignore the warnings from your builds ;)

The Max S8 will arrive today. For testing I would setup a new environment with my old hardware and the new Max S8. Family would not be happy if I reboot often my unRAID system :).

As I use jess, need fmode=3 in ddbridge.conf. So can test your script too.

Many Thx for your work!

https://github.com/herrnst/dddvb-linux-kernel/tree/linux-4.4.y-ddbridge-features

May take a look at this branch for dddvb changes or ignore the warnings from your builds ;)

The Max S8 will arrive today. For testing I would setup a new environment with my old hardware and the new Max S8. Family would not be happy if I reboot often my unRAID system :).

Many Thx for your work!

Well I'll make the first build for you to test with ddbridge.conf configured.  Then I'll work on the script.

Many Thx for your work!

There's a test build up for you to test with. 

begUPqb.png

Many Thx for your work!

Well I'll make the first build for you to test with ddbridge.conf configured.  Then I'll work on the script.

Isn't it possible to symlink the ddbridge.conf to/boot or cache disk? Then users can edit the file as much as they want without having to decompress/compress.

Many thx for your test build.

Tomorrow I install my testsystem with the Max S8. And on saturday I can install my new dish. Will answer on saturday or sunday with the result.

Cool, and I'll give some thought to saarg's suggestion, as that's a pretty good idea, suppose he does have these flashes of inspiration occasionally....  ;D

Tomorrow I install my testsystem with the Max S8. And on saturday I can install my new dish. Will answer on saturday or sunday with the result.

Ok...

So saarg's idea was a good one.  There are now two builds for you to test.

1. The one I posted yesterday

Expected behaviour - works

begUPqb.png

2.  One I've just created with a symbolic link in /etc/modprobe.d/ to /boot/config/plugins/UnraidDVB/ddbridge.conf

JDjnfAq.png

Could you test this second one in these ways.

1.  Just download and reboot your server

Expected behaviour - fail

2.  Then before you reboot again open a terminal and run

wget -P /boot/config/plugins/UnraidDVB/ https://raw.githubusercontent.com/CHBMB/Unraid-DVB/master/files/ddbridge.conf

then reboot

Expected behaviour - fail

3.  Then before a further reboot open another terminal and run

rm /boot/config/plugins/UnraidDVB/ddbridge.conf && wget -P /boot/config/plugins/UnraidDVB/ https://raw.githubusercontent.com/CHBMB/Unraid-DVB/Digital-Devices-Github/files/ddbridge.conf

then reboot

Expected behaviour - works (Providing the 1st build I posted works of course)

The only thing I'm worried about is whether the target ddbridge.conf is accessible at /boot/config/plugins/UnraidDVB/ at the point that modprobe.d needs it.  The above information is going to help figure that out.

Thanks man.  Good Luck.

Cool, and I'll give some thought to saarg's suggestion, as that's a pretty good idea, suppose he does have these flashes of inspiration occasionally....  ;D

Pure luck  ;D

Testsystem is up and ready :).

First boot looks good.

JkeNtJ5.jpg

root@Tower:~# dmesg | grep -i ddbridge
[   12.361574] DDBridge driver detected: Digital Devices MAX S8 4/8
[   12.362397] DDBridge: HW 01010007 REGMAP 00010001
[   12.362701] DDBridge: using 2 MSI interrupt(s)
[   12.470020] DVB: registering new adapter (DDBridge)
[   12.470031] DVB: registering new adapter (DDBridge)
[   12.470042] DVB: registering new adapter (DDBridge)
[   12.470392] DVB: registering new adapter (DDBridge)
[   12.470716] DVB: registering new adapter (DDBridge)
[   12.471033] DVB: registering new adapter (DDBridge)
[   12.471334] DVB: registering new adapter (DDBridge)
[   12.471629] DVB: registering new adapter (DDBridge)
[   18.087353] ddbridge 0000:01:00.0: DVB: registering adapter 0 frontend 0 (MXL5XX)...
[   18.129343] ddbridge 0000:01:00.0: DVB: registering adapter 1 frontend 0 (MXL5XX)...
[   18.171340] ddbridge 0000:01:00.0: DVB: registering adapter 2 frontend 0 (MXL5XX)...
[   18.213341] ddbridge 0000:01:00.0: DVB: registering adapter 3 frontend 0 (MXL5XX)...
[   18.214074] ddbridge 0000:01:00.0: DVB: registering adapter 4 frontend 0 (MXL5XX)...
[   18.214705] ddbridge 0000:01:00.0: DVB: registering adapter 5 frontend 0 (MXL5XX)...
[   18.215200] ddbridge 0000:01:00.0: DVB: registering adapter 6 frontend 0 (MXL5XX)...
[   18.215689] ddbridge 0000:01:00.0: DVB: registering adapter 7 frontend 0 (MXL5XX)...

With fmode=1 (your ddbrige.conf file) I can test later with the old dish. Only one cable possible, but for a short test it is enough.

That's great!

OK now I know that build works you could actually just skip to step 3 on the second build.  If that works then we're all good.... awesome.

Looks like I deserve to go to the street party tomorrow  ;D

We haven't established the symlinks work yet mate....  No party for you yet...

That's great!

OK now I know that build works you could actually just skip to step 3 on the second build.  If that works then we're all good.... awesome.

Looks like I deserve to go to the street party tomorrow  ;D

We haven't established the sylinks work yet mate....  No party for you yet...

Crap...  :(

First tests are working :)...  your ddbridge.conf settings would be applied successfully after a reboot.

Minisatip Docker (STR/SNR values could be the old bad dish or the driver)

zChF8li.jpg

Tvheadend Docker

hSnShdQ.jpg

Lets see how stable this setup will run the next days.

First tests are working :)...  your ddbridge.conf settings would be applied successfully after a reboot.

Minisatip Docker container status page of two streams from tvheadend container. STR/SNR values could be the old bad dish or the driver.

zChF8li.jpg

Awesome.  Thanks for testing, so now I know symlinks work, I can create a build and modify the plugin to install a ddbridge.conf file.  This will make it a lot easier for people to use.  Really appreciate the testing tunip.

saarg you can have your party.  Great idea mate.

this looks all awesome :-)

i'm receiving today (17th) a TBS-6205 card (the reseller told me, this one should have a new pci-bridge - so no problems on supermicro boards).

because i'm all new to TVHeadend (ok, have read endless pages and stuff, but still only theoretically) i could need a little help. still a bit confused about which steps to take and which docker to choose.

my self-read and thought out steps would be:

1) unRAID trial on another machine

2) installing the unRAID-DVB Plug-In (this thread)

3) TVHeadend docker (and now i'm lost) - i see many different ones listed in CSA. which one to take for stable 4.0.9/4.1 (tobbenb / binhex)?

thx. for help guys.

i'm receiving today (17th) a TBS-6205 card (the reseller told me, this one should have a new pci-bridge - so no problems on supermicro boards).

because i'm all new to TVHeadend (ok, have read endless pages and stuff, but still only theoretically) i could need a little help. still a bit confused about which steps to take and which docker to choose.

3) TVHeadend docker (and now i'm lost) - i see many different ones listed in CSA. which one to take for stable 4.0.9/4.1 (tobbenb / binhex)?

thx. for help guys.

That looks like a good plan  :)

The 4.1 beta is in my opinion stable enough for normal use and have a wizard for setting up tvheadend. I try to update my unstable container about once a week, but if it's working you don't have to update  ;)

When you install my container you will have to choose the one with tuners in the end of the name. If you don't, you will have no tuners available for tvheadend.

I think the difference between mine and binhex is that his is based on arch Linux and mine on phusion base image. I'm not sure if he have incorporated the xmltv package in his container, in case that is needed for EPG. Maybe he will chime in.

Minisatip Docker container status page of two streams from tvheadend container. STR/SNR values could be the old bad dish or the driver.

Awesome.  Thanks for testing, so now I know symlinks work, I can create a build and modify the plugin to install a ddbridge.conf file.  This will make it a lot easier for people to use.  Really appreciate the testing tunip.

saarg you can have your party.  Great idea mate.

Yay! Party! After weeks of good weather the rain came by today, so it will probably be a garage party.

Nice to see that it's working with a symlink!

With unRAID 6.2 Beta23 can't pass the devices (/dev/dvb) to the Docker container. I must manually edit the Docker template.

Docker template created from GUI (with devive definition):

<Config Name="Device 1" Target="" Default="" Mode="" Description="" Type="Device" Display="always" Required="false" Mask="false">/dev/dvb</Config>

Changed manually "Target" to "/dev/dvb" and then you have all your tuners in your Docker container:

<Config Name="Device 1" Target="/dev/dvb" Default="" Mode="" Description="" Type="Device" Display="always" Required="false" Mask="false">/dev/dvb</Config>

About tvheadend 4.1 (unstable), using it since months without issues in a Docker container.

thx. for help guys.

That looks like a good plan  :)

The 4.1 beta is in my opinion stable enough for normal use and have a wizard for setting up tvheadend. I try to update my unstable container about once a week, but if it's working you don't have to update  ;)

When you install my container you will have to choose the one with tuners in the end of the name. If you don't, you will have no tuners available for tvheadend.

I think the difference between mine and binhex is that his is based on arch Linux and mine on phusion base image. I'm not sure if he have incorporated the xmltv package in his container, in case that is needed for EPG. Maybe he will chime in.

thx. saarg for clearing some things up  :)

i would then go with 4.1 unstable, cause i need epg-data (hopefully i can find a good source for german cable tv). :-)

With unRAID 6.2 Beta23 can't pass the devices (/dev/dvb) to the Docker container. I must manually edit the Docker template.

Docker template created from GUI (with devive definition):

<Config Name="Device 1" Target="" Default="" Mode="" Description="" Type="Device" Display="always" Required="false" Mask="false">/dev/dvb</Config>

Changed manually "Target" to "/dev/dvb" and then you have all your tuners in your Docker container:

<Config Name="Device 1" Target="/dev/dvb" Default="" Mode="" Description="" Type="Device" Display="always" Required="false" Mask="false">/dev/dvb</Config>

About tvheadend 4.1 (unstable), using it since months without issues in a Docker container.

You should create a defect report, as the odds of LT noticing this post are slim to none

ok, back with news...

i've setup my test machine with the new TBS-6205 card. unRAID DVB build 6.1.9 TBS installed and when verified via settings it shows:

unRAID Version: 6.1.9

DVB Version: TBS

Driver Version: 160219

DVB Kernel: Detected

DVB Adapter Drivers: Detected

for the docker i've choosen saargs "Tvheadend-Unstable-DVB-Tuners" which installed 4.1-2125~g2d15eca

so all seems well ;-) but...

in the network-setup wizard i see my tuner (card) identified as TBS 6205 DVBT/T2, so there's no mentioning of DVB-C (it supports both DVB T(2)/C-standards). this is also the only choice i get to choose from the drop-down menus "DVB-T Network". so clearly i can't setup/use it.

searching the web brought me to this url:

https://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/TBS6205

there the section "Driver" writes: "A switch between DVB T/T2 and DVB-C requires a recompile."

so it seems that there needs to be made a choice of network-typ support at compile time. this brings me back to you guys and probably more precisly to CHBMB  ;)

i kindly ask for help. thx. guys.

• Squid locked this topic