linuxserver.io

unRAID DVB Edition

ProGEEK    0
7 hours ago, Zan said:

I'm stuck on 6-3-5 libreelec as the 6-4-0 RCs are failing for my WinTV-quadHD. I think it's due to some changes in cx23885 kernel or media build code recently.

modprobe cx23885 on 6-4-0 unraid-dvb RCs return these errors in dmesg:

[  596.745635] videobuf2_memops: Unknown symbol put_vaddr_frames (err 0)
[  596.745648] videobuf2_memops: Unknown symbol get_vaddr_frames (err 0)
[  596.745657] videobuf2_memops: Unknown symbol frame_vector_destroy (err 0)
[  596.745663] videobuf2_memops: Unknown symbol frame_vector_create (err 0)

@CHBMB, any idea how to resolve this? Maybe something wrong with the kernel .config file?

@CHBMB I didnt even see this before I posted abov, My bad. Pretty much exactly what @Zan said

CHBMB    171

If it's a driver issue then it's an upstream problem I'm afraid, nothing LT or LimeTech can do about it.

CHBMB    171

cx23885 present in the release? I'm afk at the moment so can't check.

ProGEEK    0
1 minute ago, CHBMB said:

cx23885 present in the release? I'm afk at the moment so can't check.

@CHBMB Yeah the driver is there:

root@USS-Enterprise:~# find /lib/modules/4.12.14-unRAID | grep cx23885
/lib/modules/4.12.14-unRAID/kernel/drivers/media/pci/cx23885
/lib/modules/4.12.14-unRAID/kernel/drivers/media/pci/cx23885/altera-ci.ko.xz
/lib/modules/4.12.14-unRAID/kernel/drivers/media/pci/cx23885/cx23885.ko.xz

Just throws a dirty error when trying to load it

CHBMB    171

Problem is Hauppage only explicitly support Ubuntu, not even sure where to report an error.

ProGEEK    0
4 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

Problem is Hauppage only explicitly support Ubuntu, not even sure where to report an error.

@CHBMB I did find this: https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/9717037/
Unsure if it is related, the videobuf2_memops errors are exactly the same, So I wonder if the solution they suggest would work (Enable VB2).

Am happy to test if you want to provide me a test build

Edited by ProGEEK

ProGEEK    0

@CHBMB Its my primary operating system (Manjaro - The complete manual process of Arch gives me a headache) (I use windows for gaming, about it)
Im a Server/Network/Database admin for work managing a fleet of 16 CentOS servers, so you tell me xD

I'd say pretty familiar :P

CHBMB    171

Any chance I can get you on board with this then?  I'm pretty time poor at the moment, and debugging cards that I don't own is a major pain in the ass.

Compiling the kernel for the LibreELEC build involves two scripts.

1. https://github.com/CHBMB/Unraid-DVB/blob/master/build_scripts/kernel-compile-module.sh

2. https://github.com/CHBMB/Unraid-DVB/blob/master/build_scripts/libreelec-module.sh

Now when you look at them please bear in mind I don't actually work with Linux/computers at all.  So go easy on me!

• Like 1

ProGEEK    0

@CHBMB My only question is where do I run these scripts from (From UnRaid or can it be from any linux machine? If so, which OS do you build them from (Might be best if I replicate how you're building them)) and in any particular order?

Edited by ProGEEK

CHBMB    171

You run them on your Unraid machine, with a stock install of rc9f, would recommend running them on the cache drive. Run kernel compile first then libreelec.

ProGEEK    0

Had some issues with the script (Some packages out of date, have manually updated them and so far build is progressing. So must be doing SOMETHING right xD

CHBMB    171

Packages are pulled from Slackware current, so shouldn't be out of date.

ProGEEK    0
6 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

Packages are pulled from Slackware current, so shouldn't be out of date.

the FILE_LIST my build seems to be pulling is out of date (Must be a mirror out of sync)
I managed to get a build done, but it caused my server to hose itself - Parity drive went nuts - Do you having this running in a test env for your builds? e.g. a test/dev version of unraid or do you build these on your live server ?

Edited by ProGEEK

ProGEEK    0

I wonder is LimeTech will give us a test license (1 disk in array) for developing - Since a trial license only lives for so long. REALLY not comfortable doing this on my live machine (I already have a failed drive im trying to replace, dont want my parity to disappear :P )

CHBMB    171

If it's just a matter of enabling vb2 in the kernel I can give it a go when my wife isn't watching TV.

Just realised kernel_compile.sh won't work for you without hashing out line 44, otherwise it'll pull the .config I used to make the build from the linuxserver file server.

Got no idea where to find vb2 in the setup though. 

CHBMB    171

Just tried the script here without issues, pulled required dependencies and running it on my cache drive without problems.  Dunno why it wouldn't work for you.

CHBMB    171

@ProGEEK & @Zan Try replacing bzmodules and bzfirmware of the current LibreELEC rc9f release with the ones in this zip file and reboot.  See if that fixes the Hauppage issue.

Edited by CHBMB

Zan    0
6 hours ago, CHBMB said:

@ProGEEK & @Zan Try replacing bzmodules and bzfirmware of the current LibreELEC rc9f release with the ones in this zip file and reboot.  See if that fixes the Hauppage issue.

No luck,

Still getting the modprobe cx23885 errors from before.

I'll try to build it as well, using your script @CHBMB, and just step through the media_build part to see what Mauro and Matthias are referring to in this https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/9717037/

Might take me a few days, so I'll let you know how I go then.