[Plugin] Linuxserver.io - Unraid DVB

Working here with beta20 and a TBS card. Good job  :D

In case there are someone else with a TBS card and a Supermicro X9 motherboard I experienced some troubles getting the TBS card recognized (6985). It did not show in the device list in unraid.

After a little bit of googling I found the solution to be to set the speed of the PCIe port to GEN1. Some might also have to set the below for it to work.

Active state power management = ForceLOs

After this I had no problem getting the card to work. Don't really know if it works as I don't have a dish anymore, but it's found by Tvheadend  :)

Here is the link for the above info in case someone wants some more reading.

http://www.tbsdtv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=7712#p25154

Edited by saarg
The tit worked...

Hi, I have been using your builds right from the start and am really happy about this plugin.

Would it be possible to add an option that instead of showing a whole list off builds would filter all available builds?

e.g. only showing the OpenElec builds (which I am using anyway) or even offering a "Download latest prefered build" button?

Not that its a huge hassle (compared to doing things manually), but it would smoothen up the process!

Hi, I have been using your builds right from the start and am really happy about this plugin.

Would it be possible to add an option that instead of showing a whole list off builds would filter all available builds?

e.g. only showing the OpenElec builds (which I am using anyway) or even offering a "Download latest prefered build" button?

Not that its a huge hassle (compared to doing things manually), but it would smoothen up the process!

We talked about this when we were developing this plugin.  I'd need to talk to Squid about it but I suspect that it would require a complete restructuring of the way the builds are uploaded to the server and therefore a lot of editing of the backend scripts to create them.  So I'm not sure that it'll be something that will happen in the short term (if at all)

Glad you're finding them useful, it's nice to hear people are using them.  I've been assuming that if they're working then I don't hear anything, so never really got a handle on how many people are using these.  :)

We talked about this when we were developing this plugin.  I'd need to talk to Squid about it but I suspect that it would require a complete restructuring of the way the builds are uploaded to the server and therefore a lot of editing of the backend scripts to create them.  So I'm not sure that it'll be something that will happen in the short term (if at all)

Glad you're finding them useful, it's nice to hear people are using them.  I've been assuming that if they're working then I don't hear anything, so never really got a handle on how many people are using these.  :)

I figured it would be more difficult to handle, and the current state of the plugin is extremely fine by me.

Just advocating ease of use here  ;D ;D ;)

I feel like my Unraid build has really matured over the last months (only started in late 2015) and this plugin is one of the last pieces to what I would call "completion". Thanks for making this possible!

Amazing what you can do with a VPN, JuiceSSH and ES Explorer on Android whilst you're on holiday.

V6.2 Beta 21 DVB builds uploaded.

Off you go to enjoy your holiday now  :)

Tbs build works as far as seeing the card. Tested it this morning.

pretty interesting stuff  ;)

i'm planing to buy a TBS-6205 (DVB-C Quad-Tuner) card when i finished the cabling stuff. anyway, i run unRAID via Proxmox hypervisor and have passed through 2 pci(e) HBA cards already – so passthrough works. now the interesting question:

1. passing through the TBS card to unRAID and then running a TVHeadend docker would probably need a passthrough of the PCI(e) card to the docker-solution itself, right? but that probably won't work – so i could/need to run a TVHeadend-LXC container on Proxmox.

2. or could a TVHeadend-docker (inside unRAID) access the drivers and the card directly?

thx. anyway for providind such great stuff to the community.

You only need to pass the card to unraid and then the tvheadend docker will be able to use the tuner. No need to pass it through to the container also. If you use my container, just choose the one labeled tuners and you're ready to roll.

I've never used Proxmox so not sure exactly how it works but when I use this plugin to update my Unraid VM (In KVM using Unraid as a host) The download location of /boot doesn't correspond to the VHD where the files must reside, necessitating a manual copy to the correct location. 

Shouldn't affect what saarg says above in the slightest but worth bearing in mind.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

I've never used Proxmox so not sure exactly how it works but when I use this plugin to update my Unraid VM (In KVM using Unraid as a host) The download location of /boot doesn't correspond to the VHD where the files must reside, necessitating a manual copy to the correct location. 

know what you mean  :D  thx. for hint, but it doesn't apply here. i've got plopkexec as initial VM-boot device, which then switches to the usb-stick and boots unRAID from. so all functions, which affect the unRAID install, will be executed as without a hypervisior in between (unRAID updates, plug-in installations, etc.).

drawback of a hypervisor before unRAID is: you can't use KVM inside the unRAID-VM (that would be a nested KVM). docker like PLEX no problem, running here pretty damn good.

know what you mean  :D  thx. for hint, but it doesn't apply here. i've got plopkexec as initial VM-boot device, which then switches to the usb-stick and boots unRAID from. so all functions, which affect the unRAID install, will be executed as without a hypervisior in between (unRAID updates, plug-in installations, etc.).

drawback of a hypervisor before unRAID is: you can't use KVM inside the unRAID-VM (that would be a nested KVM). docker like PLEX no problem, running here pretty damn good.

Sounds interesting.  I might have a go at trying that sometime.  Any good resources you can recommend?

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Sounds interesting.  I might have a go at trying that sometime.  Any good resources you can recommend?

well, not really a one point ressource available – all knowledge built up by research, trail & error  :)

there's quite much infos on there (Proxmox) forums, the next version 4.2 (my guess) will be out soon.

but when you're up to try, msg me and i'll help were i can.  ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for developing this version, setting up with TBS 6922 was seamless even for a complete satellite newbie.

I've since added an August dvb-t205 to my server with the hopes of using dvb-s2 and dvb-t in the same tvheadend instance.

Is this possible given the closed source TBS drivers and the necessary modifications to kernel?

Thanks for developing this version, setting up with TBS 6922 was seamless even for a complete satellite newbie.

I've since added an August dvb-t205 to my server with the hopes of using dvb-s2 and dvb-t in the same tvheadend instance.

Is this possible given the closed source TBS drivers and the necessary modifications to kernel?

Honestly, I'm not sure.  If it's possible in Linux then it's possible in Unraid which may give you some avenue to research.  TBS I've found are very helpful when you email them directly, their forums are less active tbh.  You say you've already added the extra tuner, so does it work or not? That's really what you need to know.

I think I need to do more testing. I've installed the OpenELEC build and it recognises my USB tuner but I'm not getting any TV reception. I might move my media server and test if I can get any reception in another room. Then I can look at getting the driver for the TBS card working in the same build as the August usb tuner.

• Squid locked this topic