[Plugin] Linuxserver.io - Unraid DVB

22 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

I was wondering if that was the problem.....

Found a problem with Proc-ProcessTable yesterday, I guess because Perl was updated, recompiled it with the newer version of Perl and hoped that might fix the issue.  I only noticed when I was compiling RC13, so my guess would be RC12a won't work for you.  Might be interesting to test my theory if you tried it.....

Yeah, the tuners names change when you switch to the OEDIT: Disregard the above, just noticed you're using the LE build, so in that case, only two options, there was a very small package update to the LE firmware and there were upstream kernel changes.  One of them must be responsible.....

I can try one of the other builds if you'd like?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@CHBMB

i'm thinking about getting myself a TBS-6209 (Octa-Tuner) card. am i right, that the TBS open source drivers do support it?

there's a promotion on their stuff (save 5% until 22nd of dec.)

currently i've got a TBS-6205 (Quad-Tuner) which works beautifully, but i don't have any additional free PCIe slot.

6 minutes ago, s.Oliver said:

@CHBMB

i'm thinking about getting myself a TBS-6209 (Octa-Tuner) card. am i right, that the TBS open source drivers do support it?

there's a promotion on their stuff (save 5% until 22nd of dec.)

currently i've got a TBS-6205 (Quad-Tuner) which works beautifully, but i don't have any additional free PCIe slot.

I would have thought so, as they've stopped developing the closed source drivers completely for a while now.

I'll have a poke around and see though.

EDIT:  Looks like it's supported.

Edited by CHBMB
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 29/10/2017 at 1:05 PM, CHBMB said:

http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/site/products/data_hdpvr2.html Is this what you mean?  In which case the supported operating systems is Windows only by the looks of it.

The hauppauge site does list links for linux drivers for HDPRV2.  Not sure when that happened.

http://www.hauppauge.com/site/support/linux.html#tabs-3

Not sure how well this can be incorporated with the unRAID kernel, but, drivers do exist (apparently).

48 minutes ago, stuckless said:

The hauppauge site does list links for linux drivers for HDPRV2.  Not sure when that happened.

http://www.hauppauge.com/site/support/linux.html#tabs-3

Not sure how well this can be incorporated with the unRAID kernel, but, drivers do exist (apparently).

Those drivers are a mess. There are 7 different versions and all based on the different hardware model numbers. They're also ancient being from September 2016 so not suitable for bleeding edge unraid Linux Kernels. They also overwrite the udev rules which can cause issues if they're not based on current rules. 

It's far easier and better use of everyone's time to give up on running Hauppauge PCI-Express cards. Go with hardware that is already supported by the existing open source or go with Network-based tuning hardware that doesn't require drivers on the hosts.

5 minutes ago, BRiT said:

Those drivers are a mess. There are 7 different versions and all based on the different hardware model numbers. They're also ancient being from September 2016 so not suitable for bleeding edge unraid Linux Kernels. They also overwrite the udev rules which can cause issues if they're not based on current rules. 

It's far easier and better use of everyone's time to give up on running Hauppauge PCI-Express cards. Go with hardware that is already supported by the existing open source or go with Network-based tuning hardware that doesn't require drivers on the hosts.

I don't disagree.  I run my own open source projects, and I tell people the same thing... ie, it's just easier to pick and choose what you are willing to support.  I just threw it out there because someone as asking me about supporting it in my SageTV container, but this is a kernel things, so I passed it along here ;)

• Upvote 1

I have had a discussion with the guy who does the Linux drivers for Hauppage and he wants to push them upstream if possible, but the company don't have it high on their list of priorities.

Unless people badger Hauppage then I don't see what will change.

I've looked at the Hauppage Linux drivers fairly recently and@BRiT is right, they're not really in a fit state to be included in Unraid.

I'm happy if someone wants to take them on to incorporate them into the DVB plugin, but unless they're sorted out by Hauppage, I'm not taking them on, I don't have the time or the inclination to be honest.

At least TBS have always been very responsive when I've contacted them, and Digital Devices have been pretty helpful when I've contacted them too...

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

• Like 3
12 hours ago, CHBMB said:

I have had a discussion with the guy who does the Linux drivers for Hauppage and he wants to push them upstream if possible, but the company don't have it high on their list of priorities.

Unless people badger Hauppage then I don't see what will change.

I've looked at the Hauppage Linux drivers fairly recently and@BRiT is right, they're not really in a fit state to be included in Unraid.

I'm happy if someone wants to take them on to incorporate them into the DVB plugin, but unless they're sorted out by Hauppage, I'm not taking them on, I don't have the time or the inclination to be honest.

At least TBS have always been very responsive when I've contacted them, and Digital Devices have been pretty helpful when I've contacted them too...

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Keep up the good work mate

14 hours ago, bnevets27 said:

So my card doesn't get detected in RC20a but works fine in RC18f....

It's a Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1600 but is listed as a:

Samsung S5H1409 QAM/8VSB Frontend

Any idea why?

Sorry, I'm confused.  Is it detected in RC18f as a S5H1409 or in RC20a as a S5H1409?  Info from both would be useful.

Hauppage have upstreamed some drivers so that may explain if it's now detected under a different name, in my experience, once a device is changed in name, I've ended up having to reconfigure TVheadend.  (Happened with TBS in switch from closed to open source)

34 minutes ago, bnevets27 said:

No, It was detected in RC18f and it wasn't detected at all in RC20a.

It always has been detected as Samsung S5H1409 (for the last couple years)

I rolled back to RC18f to get back to working.

You haven't mentioned which DVB build you're using, I would imagine LibreELEC.  I've recompiled them all and uploaded them regardless, although I have some suspicions the CrazyCat drivers aren't compiling properly on the latest kernel.

• Squid locked this topic