[Plugin] Linuxserver.io - Unraid DVB

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 2:23 PM, CHBMB said:

Like I said, the script to create the build I wrote last night, so if it works you'll just have to run a kernel-compile script and then the ceton one.

Just a report back. It might be user error but I couldn't get it to work.  If I lspci -v after booting, I can see a Non-VGA Unclassified Device that is the Ceton. It purports to be using the driver (can't remember exactly what the file name of the driver was, but it is "ctn" something. I am using SageTV and Sage could never see the device. If anyone else is using a ceton and wants me to work some more on this I will, but I broke down and just bought an HDHomerun Prime, which is working perfectly. CHBMB, I can't thank you enough for taking the time to try to help me out. Thanks.

Using the

21 hours ago, willieb said:

Just a report back. It might be user error but I couldn't get it to work.  If I lspci -v after booting, I can see a Non-VGA Unclassified Device that is the Ceton. It purports to be using the driver (can't remember exactly what the file name of the driver was, but it is "ctn" something. I am using SageTV and Sage could never see the device. If anyone else is using a ceton and wants me to work some more on this I will, but I broke down and just bought an HDHomerun Prime, which is working perfectly. CHBMB, I can't thank you enough for taking the time to try to help me out. Thanks.

Did you passthrough the device to the Sage docker container?

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, CHBMB said:

All v6.3.3 builds have been uploaded last night.

Thanks CHBMB for all the hard work, will there be a TBS&LibreELEC build like there was in 6.3.2 ?

I have a tbs dvb-c 6821 card and a usb Si2168 dvb-c dongle and want to use them together with tvheadend

15 minutes ago, jteeuw said:

Thanks CHBMB for all the hard work, will there be a TBS&LibreELEC build like there was in 6.3.2 ?

I have a tbs dvb-c 6821 card and a usb Si2168 dvb-c dongle and want to use them together with tvheadend

That's the TBS Opensource build I think you're referring to.  What does it say under DVB Version on your unRAID DVB Plugin page?

11 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

That's the TBS Opensource build I think you're referring to.  What does it say under DVB Version on your unRAID DVB Plugin page?

installed the wrong version , with the tbs-os version everthing works fine!

Hi there...I'm trying to upgrade to LibreELEC 6.3.3 (from LibreELEC 6.3.2), but after I click OK in the "Are you sure you want to install" window, it opens the "Installing LibreELEC 6.3.3" window, but nothing happens.  Where it would normally show the installation text output, it just shows the Done button.

On my display on my unRAID server, it shows the "Tower login" prompt, and then "execv: Permission denied".

I've rebooted the server, tried the upgrade again, same result, and have attached diagnostics, hopefully that helps, usually these upgrades just work. Thanks!

tower-diagnostics-20170401-1259.zip

5 minutes ago, stor44 said:

Hi there...I'm trying to upgrade to LibreELEC 6.3.3 (from LibreELEC 6.3.2), but after I click OK in the "Are you sure you want to install" window, it opens the "Installing LibreELEC 6.3.3" window, but nothing happens.  Where it would normally show the installation text output, it just shows the Done button.

On my display on my unRAID server, it shows the "Tower login" prompt, and then "execv: Permission denied".

I've rebooted the server, tried the upgrade again, same result, and have attached diagnostics, hopefully that helps, usually these upgrades just work. Thanks!

tower-diagnostics-20170401-1259.zip

Found the issue.  Fix will be pushed in a little while.

15 minutes ago, stor44 said:

Thanks for that, CHBMB!  Have a nice day!

Thanks mate, problem was I'd repulled the files locally to fix some display stuff and forgotten to chmod +x the install scripts.   Updated plugin just now the 2017.04.01a release should work.

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...

Hi, 

I installed unraid 6.3.3 two days ago and wanted to install the unRAID DVB Edition. After installing unRAID DVB Edition and TV headend Docker container I tried to install a DVB unRAID Build. Here is my problem: When I click on "Select an image to install" I'll get only following selection: "top top" ( attached you'll find a screenshot of this behavior). 

Does anyone have an idea what I'm doing wrong? 

unraid_dvbproblem.jpg

6 minutes ago, amstel said:

Hey,

will the 6.3.3 driver version should work fine on unraid 6.3.4 ?

Thanks.

No the 6.3.3 version is Unraid 6.3.3 compiled with DVB drivers. 

For Unraid v6.3.4 you need to wait until I've compiled Unraid 6.3.4 with DVB drivers. ;-)

• Upvote 1
9 hours ago, CHBMB said:

No the 6.3.3 version is Unraid 6.3.3 compiled with DVB drivers. 

For Unraid v6.3.4 you need to wait until I've compiled Unraid 6.3.4 with DVB drivers. ;-)

Thanks for the reply

and thanks for uploading the new version :-)

12 hours ago, CHBMB said:

All the v6.3.4 builds are uploaded.  Will need to upgrade the plugin to download them, a recent website upgrade broke the plugin.  Big thanks to @Squid for fixing it so quickly,

Just to clarify - to upgrade I just upgrade the DVB edition, I don't need to upgrade the "core" unRAID first, correct?  In fact, if I am using the DVB version I assume that I never want to upgrade the core version as it will hose my system.

• Squid locked this topic