[Support] binhex - rTorrentVPN

9 minutes ago, JohanSF said:

Where can we put the plugins for now to use them then?

the default set of plugins are still included, so unless you downloaded an additional rutorrent plugin then you should be fine and wont need to backup the existing plugins folder, if however you have manually downloaded an additional plugin then for now you will have to wait until i work out the best approach for including them.

Just now, binhex said:

the default set of plugins are still included, so unless you downloaded an additional rutorrent plugin then you should be fine and wont need to backup the existing plugins folder, if however you have manually downloaded an additional plugin then for now you will have to wait until i work out the best approach for including them.

Alright thank you for the quick answer. I will save the latest backup of my plugins, I use quite a lot of them :) Also thank you very much for the hard work, it is much appreciated.

1 minute ago, JohanSF said:

Alright thank you for the quick answer. I will save the latest backup of my plugins, I use quite a lot of them :) Also thank you very much for the hard work, it is much appreciated.

out of interest, what additional plugins do you use?

18 minutes ago, JohanSF said:

Here's all of them, I don't remember exactly which I got from searching google and github.

2017-10-18_17-52-58.thumb.jpg.7f85d76598ea88a632dec7c6651ef39f.jpg

yeah as i suspected, probably all bar one or two of those plugins will still be loaded and are present in the latest image, so your  task is to identify which of the above are ones you have manually added in, look at created or modified date of the folder would prob be a good indicator, cos you dont really want to copy across all of the above back inside the container, especially if 99% of them already exist, you just want to include the ones you added.

It is clear now by looking at the modiefied date of the folders. The plugins I added are:

• ratiocolor
  • instantsearch
  • pausewebui
  • disklog
  • nfo
  • showip
  • speedgraph
  • tadd_labels
  • mobile
  • tracklabels

I particularly care about ratiocolor, instantsearch, pausewebui and tracklabels. But it would be cool if all of them could work with your container.

1 minute ago, JohanSF said:

It is clear now by looking at the modiefied date of the folders. The plugins I added are:

• ratiocolor
  • instantsearch
  • pausewebui
  • disklog
  • nfo
  • showip
  • speedgraph
  • tadd_labels
  • mobile
  • tracklabels

I particularly care about ratiocolor, instantsearch, pausewebui and tracklabels. But it would be cool if all of them could work with your container.

ok excellent, yep if they worked previously then i see no issue with them working again, i just need to work out the mechanism for copying them in to the container.

5 hours ago, RallyAK said:

Would really like to see filemanager implemented at some point as well. I tried installing it myself but gave up after a day or two of messing with it, too many moving pieces... :|

I got interested and found this via google:
https://github.com/ArtyumX/Filemanager-install-script-for-ruTorrent

Perhaps that could work when plugins work again :) Would love to see how that filemanager looks and works in rutorrent though.

Alright, so i've come up with a method of allowing user plugins, so if you want to add additional ruTorrent plugins then do the following:-

1. download the latest docker image

2. start the container

3. download and unpack the plugin (if compressed) to /config/rutorrent/user-plugins/ or if its a theme then /config/rutorrent/user-plugins/theme/themes/

4. restart the container.

IMPORTANT - do NOT copy across en masse the previous plugins as you may/will end up with duplicate plugins and/or plugin clashes, instead please identify additional plugins and copy those across only - see HERE for a list of plugins already present (excluding 3rd party plugins list)

Edited by binhex
3 minutes ago, JohanSF said:

If it is there, it does not work. And it would work when I manually added it before. I am sure it is not in your container..

ahh you're right!, i have a note in my code that it was causing issues and thus i delete it during build time, im assuming its been stable for you?, if so i will remove the deletion so next build will include it.

It's perfectly stable for me. Also I think you should have a lookup if user-plugins are redundant to the ones already included and then just don't import them. Or at the very least have the list of included plugins directly listed in the README file.

Edited by JohanSF
27 minutes ago, JohanSF said:

if user-plugins are redundant to the once already included and then just don't import them

that isnt so easy, if you do a check that says dont copy across any plugins that already exist in the destination then you won't be able to update any user plugins at a later date unless you delete your container, and i don't want to manage a list of known baked in plugins. so i've gone  with the approach of only update if source plugin is newer or doesnt exist on the destination, at least that means it won't stamp over a newer plugin that already exists and is loaded.

27 minutes ago, JohanSF said:

Or at the very least have the list of included plugins directly listed in the README file.

not too keen on this idea either tbh, i would need to maintain the list, i might add a url to the readme though.

at the end of the day the user can always get back to a clean working state by simply deleting and re-creating their container, so im not too concerned.

Edited by binhex
2 hours ago, bamtan said:

How can I access/modify the default installed plugins? I'd like to rename/add a few images in /plugins/tracklabels/trackers/ since a few of my trackers don't show their favicon (due to TLD name change). 

there's always one! :-), ok this would be the procedure:-

1. edit /config/rutorrent/conf/plugins.ini and add the following and save:-

[tracklabels]
enabled = no

2. download tracklabels plugin and copy it to:-

/config/rutorrent/user-plugins/

IMPORTANT - make sure to name it something other than 'tracklabels' e.g. 'tracklabels-custom'

3. edit the configuration for the plugin, once your happy then restart the container

4. if you now look at rutorrent webui plugins tab then you should see it available, it will be named the same as the foldername you specified in step 2, if its not loaded then load it

Edited by binhex
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi! I’m trying to add another volume..I’ve done this successfully for other containers but it’s a little bit problematic for rtorrent.

-v /mnt/Storage3:/Storage3 \

But when adding a new torrent, this volume doesn’t show up. I can see the volume when creating a torrent and even browse it’s the folders in the storrage.

By using 

docker exec -i rtorrent bash -c "ls Storage3"

I can view the folders in the volume. I can even create and remove folders in the volume withing the container. So I think that the RW permissions should be correct.

I’ve tried to update the image with no luck. Any take on this?

Edit: If I make a new folder within an old visible volume, I can’t see it in rtorrent either. Eg. I make it using ssh or ftp using my user account. I’ve set the R/W permissions for rtorrent for the specific new folder, but no luck. 

Edited by Ritt

Hey everyone, I just installed this docker (VPN disabled, no flood, default settings) and I am getting the following errors in the log:

2017-10-30 17:26:35,042 DEBG 'rutorrent-script' stderr output:
[NOTICE] [pool www] 'user' directive is ignored when FPM is not running as root
[NOTICE] [pool www] 'group' directive is ignored when FPM is not running as root

2017-10-30 17:26:35,047 DEBG 'rutorrent-script' stdout output:
[info] starting nginx...

2017-10-30 17:26:35,296 DEBG 'rutorrent-script' stderr output:
2017/10/30 17:26:35 [error] 105#105: *1 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Warning: socket_connect(): unable to connect [111]: Connection refused in /usr/share/webapps/rutorrent/plugins/autodl-irssi/getConf.php on line 127" while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.168.1.2, server: localhost, request: "GET /plugins/autodl-irssi/getlines.php?cid=1974235428&_=1509398761786 HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:7777", host: "192.168.1.10:9080", referrer: "http://192.168.1.10:9080/"

Any ideas @binhex?

Thank you.

Edited by FalconX
13 hours ago, FalconX said:

Hey everyone, I just installed this docker (VPN disabled, no flood, default settings) and I am getting the following errors in the log:

2017-10-30 17:26:35,042 DEBG 'rutorrent-script' stderr output:
[NOTICE] [pool www] 'user' directive is ignored when FPM is not running as root
[NOTICE] [pool www] 'group' directive is ignored when FPM is not running as root

2017-10-30 17:26:35,047 DEBG 'rutorrent-script' stdout output:
[info] starting nginx...

2017-10-30 17:26:35,296 DEBG 'rutorrent-script' stderr output:
2017/10/30 17:26:35 [error] 105#105: *1 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Warning: socket_connect(): unable to connect [111]: Connection refused in /usr/share/webapps/rutorrent/plugins/autodl-irssi/getConf.php on line 127" while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.168.1.2, server: localhost, request: "GET /plugins/autodl-irssi/getlines.php?cid=1974235428&_=1509398761786 HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:7777", host: "192.168.1.10:9080", referrer: "http://192.168.1.10:9080/"

Any ideas @binhex?

Thank you.

please follow this procedure:- 

@binhex

The latest update has also broken my autodl-irssi, it won't load anything now. In the WebGUI it says:

[02.11.2017 14:01:32] Error downloading files. Make sure autodl-irssi is started and configured properly (eg. password, port number): Error getting files listing: Error: Could not connect: (111) Connection refused

Also as per your instruction please see attached the debug log files for the additional errors I am getting. I've quoted the error in question as well.

Thanks!

2017-11-02 13:58:59,817 DEBG 'rutorrent-script' stderr output:
2017/11/02 13:58:59 [error] 133#133: *1 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Warning:  socket_connect(): unable to connect [111]: Connection refused in /usr/share/webapps/rutorrent/plugins/autodl-irssi/getConf.php on line 127" while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.168.1.2, server: localhost, request: "GET /plugins/autodl-irssi/getlines.php?cid=&_=1509645428646 HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://127.0.0.1:7777", host: "192.168.1.10:9080", referrer: "http://192.168.1.10:9080/"

Edited by FalconX
  • binhex locked this topic