[Support] binhex - rTorrentVPN

Recently I have been having a problem when adding torrents.  Whenever I add new torrents, rtorrent will stop transferring data for about 20 seconds to a minute (ie. Download and Upload Speeds will drop to 0) and if I add several torrents in rapid succession, rtorrent will crash and then hash check all my torrents.  When it does this, it will not start transfers again until all the torrents have been rehashed and ruTorrents shows them as Error and the trackers all show Timed Out.

This has not been a problem in the past, only since I wiped and rebuilt my server a month ago.  I am running Arch Linux and the only difference between how I had it configured before and now is that before I was using a BTRFS Raid-0 filesystem and now I am running rtorrent on a single drive with XFS filesystem.

Have you seen this before?

10 minutes ago, Kevin111 said:

Hi

Have been trying for a awhile now to get this docker going and im not having any luck. Hope someone here can see what i have done wrong.

rtorrent-docker-settings1.png

rtorrent-docker-settings2.png

supervisord.log

VPN_OPTIONS is used to define additional advanced openvpn command line options, not sure why you thought the vpn remote endpoint goes there?

VPN_OPTIONS defined as 'nl.privateinternetaccess.com'

remove this and you should be good.

18 minutes ago, binhex said:

VPN_OPTIONS is used to define additional advanced openvpn command line options, not sure why you thought the vpn remote endpoint goes there?

VPN_OPTIONS defined as 'nl.privateinternetaccess.com'

remove this and you should be good.

Removed that but its still not working, here is a new log

supervisord.log

Hi,

Is it possible that the channels (manual speed limits) are applied only after a GUI login?

My auto updates are set to daily at 4am and every morning that there was an update, the current upload speed on my seeds is not respecting the channel's limit and is actually filling up my entire internet connection upload.

After logging into the GUI, the upload speed slowly drops to the maximum that is set for the channel.

6 hours ago, Kevin111 said:

Removed that but its still not working, here is a new log

supervisord.log

it could be that all the attempts you've done has corrupted some files/db's, try stopping the container and then delete all files/folder (EXCEPT for the /config/openvpn folder) located in the host mapping for /config, then start the container again to force the re-create.

12 minutes ago, BullDog656 said:

Why is that the case now? I didnt have to before and why is there no remote config line anymore in the gui config edit screen

link to openvpn config files for PIA:- https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/openvpn/openvpn.zip

just download and extract that zip to /config/openvpn/ then delete all the *.ovpn files EXCEPT for the endpoint that you want to connect to, so you should then end up with something like this in /config/openvpn/ :-

<name of the endpint you want to connect to>.ovpn

ca.rsa.2048.crt

crl.rsa.2048.pem

Edited by binhex
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, BullDog656 said:

K I think I got it, I change the incomeing port to 1198

no thats incorrect, incoming_port is used to define a static incoming port for non pia vpn providers, this is your issue:-

[warn] PIA endpoint '104.200.154.67' doesn't support port forwarding, DL/UL speeds will be slow
[info] Please consider switching to an endpoint that does support port forwarding, shown below:-
[info] ca-toronto.privateinternetaccess.com (CA Toronto)
[info] ca.privateinternetaccess.com (CA Montreal)
[info] nl.privateinternetaccess.com (Netherlands)
[info] swiss.privateinternetaccess.com (Switzerland)
[info] sweden.privateinternetaccess.com (Sweden)
[info] france.privateinternetaccess.com (France)
[info] ro.privateinternetaccess.com (Romania)
[info] israel.privateinternetaccess.com (Israel)

so you are connecting to an endpint that doesnt support port forwarding, change the endpoint (using the correct ovpn file).

Has anyone been able to put ruTorrent behind a reverse proxy (with nginx)?

I'm almost able to get it to work as far as getting the ruTorrent UI to show up at mydomain.tld/rutorrent, but the log tab just shows:

[11.08.2017 19:43:45] WebUI started.
[11.08.2017 19:43:45] Bad response from server: (404 [error,getplugins]) Not Found

The developer console in Chrome shows a 404 for the following file, a file that is present if i use 192.168.0.5:9080/php/getplugins.php:

mydomain.tld/rutorrent/php/getplugins.php

My nginx config files looks like this:

location /rutorrent {
	rewrite ^/rtorrent$ /rtorrent/ redirect;
	proxy_pass http://192.168.0.5:9080/;
	proxy_set_header Host 192.168.0.5:9080;
	proxy_redirect default;
}

Anyone who can tell me how i can fix this?

Edited by kostecki
  • Upvote 1

I'm starting to pull my hair out here.

For the past 2 weeks, I haven't been able to get binhex-delugevpn nor binhex-rtorrentvpn to work.

From reading this thread, I determined (guessed) that I was missing the openvpn config files for PIA. So I downloaded them and dumped them all in the "openvpn" directory.

The container has now started, but I am unable to access the webui.

Could you point me in the right direction for troubleshooting this further?

supervisord.log

21 minutes ago, jonathanm said:

Don't. If you use one of the USA based endpoints, your speeds will be abysmal to non-existent for torrents. You must use an endpoint that supports port forwarding. nl is probably the best.

Thanks for the suggestion, that actually fixed my issue.

4 hours ago, Netbug said:

Thanks. I had actually followed that, but realized I had missed the part about deleting the extra ones. I have now done so, but I'm still unable to connect (" ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT ").

Attaching new supervisord.log file.

supervisord.log

I'm getting the following over and over again in the log. But i don't see any error.

2017-08-11 22:14:26,869 DEBG 'rtorrent-script' stdout output:
[debug] External IP address from tunnel is '212.92.116.6'

2017-08-11 22:14:26,870 DEBG 'rtorrent-script' stdout output:
[debug] Incoming port for tunnel is '27739'

2017-08-11 22:14:27,003 DEBG 'rtorrent-script' stdout output:
[debug] VPN incoming port is 27739
[debug] VPN IP is 10.37.10.6
[debug] rTorrent incoming port is 27739
[debug] rTorrent IP is 10.37.10.6

2017-08-11 22:14:57,004 DEBG 'rtorrent-script' stdout output:
[debug] Waiting for valid IP address from tunnel...

2017-08-11 22:14:57,134 DEBG 'rtorrent-script' stdout output:
[debug] Valid IP address from tunnel acquired '10.37.10.6'

2017-08-11 22:14:57,141 DEBG 'rtorrent-script' stdout output:
[debug] External IP address from tunnel is '212.92.116.6'

2017-08-11 22:14:57,141 DEBG 'rtorrent-script' stdout output:
[debug] Incoming port for tunnel is '27739'

2017-08-11 22:14:57,275 DEBG 'rtorrent-script' stdout output:
[debug] VPN incoming port is 27739
[debug] VPN IP is 10.37.10.6
[debug] rTorrent incoming port is 27739
[debug] rTorrent IP is 10.37.10.6

• binhex locked this topic