[DEPRECATED] Linuxserver.io - Rutorrent

I have installed it and  it seems to me that the interface is the same. The binhex docker may even be marginally better as it shows the flags of connected peers and I don't think that the linuxserver docker did that - at least by default.  Or maybe I was using an old version? I agree that there are a lot of setting that are superflouous if you don't use a VPN, etc but it looks like you can disable those.  

So this may be a decent path forward after all.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/17/2021 at 5:33 PM, wayner said:

I have installed it and  it seems to me that the interface is the same. The binhex docker may even be marginally better as it shows the flags of connected peers and I don't think that the linuxserver docker did that - at least by default.  Or maybe I was using an old version? I agree that there are a lot of setting that are superflouous if you don't use a VPN, etc but it looks like you can disable those.  

So this may be a decent path forward after all.

Did you transfer seeding torrents from one container to the other? If so, did you find a easy way to do this without manually downloading each .torrent file and rechecking them?

9 hours ago, gustomucho said:

@xthursdayx It is actually much easier than that. Simply copy the contents of your "/mnt/user/appdata/rutorrent/rtorrent/rtorrent_sess" into the following folder : "/mnt/user/appdata/binhex-rtorrentvpn/rtorrent/session"

Everything should be good to go.

This worked for me to transfer over my torrents (along with adding the correct/same volume mapping(s)).

Now to port over my RSS feeds!

On 3/17/2021 at 12:50 PM, wayner said:

I just installed the binhex docker and got it working.  It has a lot more config options that you have to play with to get it working when you start - like turning off OVPN, for example, and giving passwords. I never used passwords with the linuxserver docker but I only used it locally or after making a separate OVPN connection with the OVPN docker.

Could you give more details how you managed to make it work without a VPN at all ? Where/how to you specify the port for torrenting ? It does not seem to have one like linuxserver had. Do I have to add one more port myself and configure it manually in rtorrent conf files when the container is started ?

• 3 months later...

Dear Sirs,

Since the application has been achieved by the owner by now. Is there any way to install it via docker container or CA? Or any Template repositories contains this application that can be easily added to Template repositories and select from template?

I have been searching the net for days, I hope someone could point me out. 

Many thanks. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/15/2021 at 10:57 PM, TeamGSpurs said:

Dear Sirs,

Since the application has been achieved by the owner by now. Is there any way to install it via docker container or CA? Or any Template repositories contains this application that can be easily added to Template repositories and select from template?

I have been searching the net for days, I hope someone could point me out. 

Many thanks. 

I still have a working template of you want mate?

Place this in your flash drive directory

/boot/config/plugins/dockerMan/templates-user/

my-rutorrent.xml

Edited by Mr_Jay84
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

So I saw a notice this docker/app had been deprecated - not sure when it was, looks like over a year ago and I am just now noticing 🤷‍♂️

Anyhow, the developer suggests migrating to crazy-max docker of rTorrent. https://github.com/crazy-max/docker-rtorrent-rutorrent

Is there any clean way to make this migration without a massive undertaking?  I have a massive library from numerous sources - rebuilding from scratch is a monumental task - anyone figured out a cleaner migration or a drop-in method?

• 4 weeks later...

not to sure about this crazymax thing, no support thread, rutorrent actually doesn't work great, "remove" action in crazymax version deletes the torrent + the data and not just the torrent, not great but i'll try to recompile my own version.

On 6/10/2022 at 11:25 AM, je82 said:

not to sure about this crazymax thing, no support thread, rutorrent actually doesn't work great, "remove" action in crazymax version deletes the torrent + the data and not just the torrent, not great but i'll try to recompile my own version.

I just deleted 2 torrents, and it deleted my entire share, luckily it wasn't a big share, but about 1TB of data. It deletes the root folder of the torrent so if you change location that can be bad.

So yes, deleting a torrent deletes the data, moving a torrent redownloads, it's just a bug fest of a container. do not recommend.

10 hours ago, GoChris said:

I just deleted 2 torrents, and it deleted my entire share, luckily it wasn't a big share, but about 1TB of data. It deletes the root folder of the torrent so if you change location that can be bad.

So yes, deleting a torrent deletes the data, moving a torrent redownloads, it's just a bug fest of a container. do not recommend.

I found the fix to "remove" actually removing data too, go to torrent.rc and add # in front of this line:

method.set_key = event.download.erased,delete_erased,"execute=rm,-rf,--,$d.data_path="

as you can see this line makes remove, also do remove + data, i have no idea why someone would have this in the configuration when the client already has both features but then again i'm no expert, it works fine for me now but i wouldn't trust the container with write to my full array, just limit it to the share where you do the torrenting i guess.

• Upvote 1
  • linuxserver.io changed the title to [DEPRECATED] Linuxserver.io - Rutorrent