[Support] ken-ji - Dropbox

My first post, so I am a total newb. Running Unraid 6.12.4.

I tried otherguys Dropbox first, only as it had more downloads, but I couldn't get it working because of the

[ALERT]: Dropbox needs to rename your existing folder or file named Dropbox to finish installing. Please close any open documents and try again.

I have read what I can about this, and from what I could see Otherguy support seemed to not explain this, so I deleted that container and the Dropbox folder and started again with ken-ji's, this docker, but I have the same problem and no understanding of how to perhaps force a no update to dropbox? As I had read elsewhere, I would have thought forcing a no update would not fix the issue as I read elsewhere that Dropbox would eventually say "nope" to an older piece of software, but I AM A COMPLETE NEWB. Little experience of Linux over the years apart from copy pasting scripts to copy other folks fixes, mostly on a smoothwall server.

Watched a lot of SpaceInvader One videos, but though they are excellent, many seem to age quickly as unraid updates.

Any suggestions for a complete new guy on this or should I give up? My next thought was binhex-rclone, but I may fair worse with that!?

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I am new to unraid so trying to learn as i go

i have installed dropbox container but just wondered where I need to go to access the folders from my unraid system? 

The reason for me needing this is because I store my photos in dropbox and want my plex container to be able to access the pictures in dropbox

• 2 weeks later...

Did you get Dropbox working!?

So, did you login using the link shown in logs and link yur Dropbox account to the app?

If you did, how did you manage the error i mentioned?

I hope you are further along than I got, if so you should find a Dropbox folder in your shares? But I think you have to set that folder up before installling the dropbox container, as you need to point to it in the install files? But I am as new as you here!

no still not figured out where it saves to

i thought it was the location in the 'Data files' variable but that doesn't seam to be the case, because I have navigated to that location, added a file, and it doesn't sync up to dropbox. Unless I am miss understanding, and it doesn't upload

• 3 weeks later...

yeah ive managed to sign in to my account, and the logs show that its downloading, indexing and uploading files, but still cant see where its saving these files to. I have even removed it, deleted the folder i had in the veriable 'data files' and re done it all again and, again, cant find the files