Auto Disable Mover During Parity Check

Now that using Dockers and VM's (and thus cache drives/pools) are becoming pretty much mainstream in UnRAID I think it would benefit a lot of people to have the ability to auto-disable the mover script during parity checks.  Parity checks currently take my server roughly 24 hours to complete (8TB parity drive) and i'd prefer that the data on the array not be touched (added to) at all during these checks.  Not to mention that having the mover run at the same time as a parity check dramatically slows down both processes. 

With many people (myself included) having large cache pools (or just single cache drives) I can't see a reason to not disable the mover during parity checks.

If I'm mistaken and this feature has already been implemented behind the scenes (I haven't tested this since 6.1 came out I believe) then by all means close and delete this thread.

• Upvote 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

me as well i replaced a 3TB with an 8TB drive few days ago rebuild was slow and sluggish due to mover constantly running.....only way to solve this right now is to disabled the mover schedule or change it to weekly/monthly and change it back to your preferred setting after parity check/rebuild is completed.

• 5 years later...

Any updates on this? As someone with dual parity, 28 data disks, and tons more cache than used on any given day, this is exactly what I want. Parity checks stretch over multiple days but cache wouldn’t be half full even on a heavy week. 

I currently use the pause parity during mover option, but I would really prefer the reverse.