SqueezeBox Server 7.5

Im running the sb server version 7.7.0 with beta 14

Everything works fine till i turn of unraid and the squeezebox.

Say when i want to start it all up the next day, the sb cant find anymore albums although everything is running

I have to redo the whole library thing then.... and again chose the maps and stuff where my music is..

how come?

install directory is /usr/local/slimserver

although i dont know where that is? is it on my flash?

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

Hi!

I installed the server and everything is working so far. But one problem still persists. When I copy files to my music share on my unraid box (b14) the server does not recognize them. I have to run the "new permissions"-script under "utils" to help the squeezebox server seeing the new directories. This is a bit inconvenient.

I installed the slimserver via the gui into /boot/slimserver

Anybody an idea how to solve this problem?

Thanks.

Bye.

EDIT: Permission before the "new permission" script

drwxrwx--- 1 root  root    48 2012-02-17 21:24 Test/

after (visiable for the SBS)

drwxrwx--- 1 nobody users  48 2012-02-17 21:24 Test/

So I am using SNAP with my setup and I can get squeezebox to load by doing the following -

cd /mnt/disk1

chmod -R 777 slimserver 

chmod -R 777 Music\ Listening (or the name of your music directory)

echo >> /etc/passwd

echo slimserver:$1$oExleBv6$Ux2qBpAanWMqJqUeH2xqp1:1000:100:,,,:/home/slimserver:/bin/bash >> /etc/passwd

chown -R slimserver.users .    (note : there is a space and dot at the end)

cd slimserver

chmod -R 775 Cache

perl slimserver.pl --daemon --user slimserver

But what can I do so that if I reboot this is all done so I dont' have to do it manually?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

To get slimserver (are you really still using slimserver, that is quite old?) to start up automatically on boot, you can put all those commands into a script and call that script from the system 'go' script.  The only difficulty is that you will have to ensure that disk1 is mounted and ready before the slimserver script runs.

Something like this may help:

####################################################################################
# wait_cache
# A simple utility to suspend further processing until the a drive comes online.
#
# Version 1.0   based on snippet of code taken from Joe L's cache_dirs
#
# Peter Bell.
####################################################################################

let count=120
let interval=2

while [ ! -d /mnt/disk1 -a $count -gt 0 ]
do
  # Wait for the drive to come online
  sleep $interval
  let count=count-interval
done

if [ $count -le 0 ]
then
  exit 1
fi
exit 0

As for your current problem with it not starting - when you issue the commands by hand, do you get an error message?  Is there a slimserver-specific log file ... anything in there?

I use info from a post I found here - it always worked before.

cd /mnt/disk/sde1/apps

chmod -R 777 slimserver 

chmod -R 777 Music\ Listening (or the name of your music directory)

echo >> /etc/passwd

echo slimserver:$1$oExleBv6$Ux2qBpAanWMqJqUeH2xqp1:1000:100:,,,:/home/slimserver:/bin/bash >> /etc/passwd

chown -R slimserver.users .    (note : there is a space and dot at the end)

cd slimserver

chmod -R 775 Cache

perl slimserver.pl --daemon --user slimserver

error I see in log after running last line of code -

[12-06-18 13:04:44.7056] main::init (354) Starting Logitech Media Server (v7.7.2, r33849, Mon Feb 20 03:27:10 MST 2012) perl 5.010000

[12-06-18 13:04:45.0675] Slim::Utils::SQLiteHelper::postConnect (359) Optimizing DB because of missing or empty sqlite_stat1 table

[12-06-18 13:04:45.7054] Path::Class::File::openw (61) Warning: Can't write /mnt/disk/sde1/apps2/slimserver/prefs/log.conf: Permission denied at /mnt/disk/sde1/apps2/slimserver/CPAN/Path/Class/File.pm line 61.

Well, I guess that you need to check ownership and permissions of the directory /mnt/disk/sde1/apps2/slimserver/prefs/, and the file log.conf within that directory.

If I remember correctly, there is a problem with creation of logfiles - it seems that they get created with the ownership (or user) of the process as it is launched.  Then, the option '--user slimserver' changes the user to slimserver, at which point, permissions to write the logfile are denied.

My guess is that this problem started to occur because the file log.conf got deleted.

My old startup script used to do this:

echo " " >> /var/log/server.log
chown squeezeboxserver /var/log/server.log
echo " " >> /var/log/perfmon.log
chown squeezeboxserver /var/log/perfmon.log
echo " " >> /var/log/scanner.log
chown squeezeboxserver /var/log/scanner.log
perl /mnt/cache/.Squeeze/squeezeboxserver/slimserver.pl --nosb1slimp3sync --logdir /var/log --cachedir /mnt/cache/.Squeeze/squeezeboxserver/cache --noupnp --daemon --user squeezeboxserver

In other words, I pre-created the three logfiles then changed their ownership before starting slim server.

• 2 weeks later...

Friends, I was out of my country for 7,8 months and now I am back. I am trying to open the squeezbox server from <<unraid IP>>:9000 address and the logitech server is asking for

user name and password. and the stupid part is I dont recall providing any passwords :-[ :-[, but I guess I must have on the GUI inter phase. The question is, any way to reset the squeezebox server password .........????????:( :( :( :(

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i cant enable squeezebox in the webgui. when i try enable, it says squeezebox server is stopped. i tried reinstalling the plugin again to see any error.

root@Tower:/boot/config/plugins# installplg logitechmediaserver-7.7.2-plugin_v1.3.plg
installing plugin: logitechmediaserver-7.7.2-plugin_v1.3
file /boot/packages/perl-5.10.1-i486-1.txz: already exists
  upgradepkg --install-new /boot/packages/perl-5.10.1-i486-1.txz ...
+==============================================================================
| Skipping package perl-5.10.1-i486-1 (already installed)
+==============================================================================

success
file /boot/config/plugins/slimserver/logitechmediaserver-7.7.2.tgz: already exists
file /boot/config/plugins/slimserver/slimserver.png: already exists
file /tmp/slimserver-cleanup: successfully wrote INLINE file contents
  /bin/bash /tmp/slimserver-cleanup ... success
file /boot/config/plugins/slimserver/slimserver.cfg: already exists
file /etc/rc.d/rc.slimserver: successfully wrote INLINE file contents
  successfully changed file mode
file /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/slimserver/slimserver.page: successfully wrote INLINE file contents
file /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/slimserver/slimserver.png: successfully copied LOCAL file
file /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/slimserver/slimserver.php: successfully wrote INLINE file contents
file /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/slimserver/event/disks_mounted: successfully wrote INLINE file contents
file /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/slimserver/event/unmounting_disks: successfully wrote INLINE file contents
file /tmp/slimserver-install: successfully wrote INLINE file contents
  /bin/bash /tmp/slimserver-install ... Deleting the old install at /mnt/cache/.slimserver/program
Unpacking slimserver to /mnt/cache/.slimserver/program
Changing ownership to slimserver
success
file /var/log/plugins/slimserver: successfully wrote INLINE file contents
plugin successfully installed
root@Tower:

then i tried to manually start squeezebox

root@Tower:/mnt/cache/.slimserver/program# perl slimserver.pl --daemon --user slimserver
[13-04-30 07:34:08.8758] main::init (354) Starting Logitech Media Server (v7.7.2, r33893, Wed Mar 14 06:37:22 MDT 2012) perl 5.010000
root@Tower:/mnt/cache/.slimserver/program#

i cant see anything wrong. but my squeezebox still hasnt started.

thanks.

Edit:chmod -R 777 fixed it

• 2 weeks later...

Which is the best directory to install Squeezebox Server 7.7.1? Instead of /usr/local/slimserver which is the default, but the RAM is cleared with reboot. Used Unraid is V5.0 rc12a.

Anywhere on a physical disk (not lash drive).  I have a directory set up on my cache drive: /mnt/cache/Squeeze-7.7.2