[Support] binhex - TeamSpeak

2 minutes ago, binhex said:

ok so the ports arent defined as exposed, so arent showing up in the unraid web ui, but they are still open, i would double check your teamspeak client and ensure its set correctly, i dont believe the issue is to do with the fact the ip and port is not shown in the unraid web ui.

alright. it seems to be working now. visuals are the same, the only difference is that i've restarted the container a couple of times.

Any idea why they won't post / echo, like they did previously?

• 2 months later...

I recently had a power outage which abruptly shut down my server. This resulted in a faulty disk which is now rebuilt.

After the rebuild my TS server was no longer accessible from public IP.

I can connect via local IP so the server IS running, but some how not publicly.

Docker is in host mode.

I have tried:

-Checking and redo port forwarding in router. (when I check online if ports are open, they are reported as being closed indicating that the docker isn't using them as far as I know?!)

-Removing and reinstalling TS docker and image.

Any ideas?

Hello

I am trying to add my own GEOIP db file.

I have added it to the .ini file.

mmdbpath=/config/teamspeak/GeoLite2-City.mmdb

However i get this as an error in the log:

2021-09-17 15:29:45,475 DEBG 'teamspeak' stdout output:
2021-09-17 13:29:45.474868|WARNING |GeoIP | |maxminddb library not found, disabling MMDB usage

After som searching on the teamspeak community one dev pointed out that it requires libmaxminddb installed.

Is this something that needs to be added in the docker?

UPDATE:
I installed libmaxminddb manually in the docker. using:

~# docker exec -it binhex-teamspeak sh
~# pacman -S libmaxminddb

After this i restarted the docker and it started using the .mmdb database file for geoip.

Now i have an updated GeoIP DB on my teamspeak.

The Geoip that Teamspeak uses is very outdated.

Edited by Sundur
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
12 hours ago, DigitalLF said:

After updating unRAID to 6.10.0 it seems that Teamspeak won't start and i don't know why and as far as i can tell i don't see anything in the logs about it. and on the Docker tab it does not seem to show a IP when i start teamspeak.

there are rumbles on reddit about a possible bug in 6.10.0 where unraid incorrectly resets permissions to root for appdata, try stopping the container, then delete the file /config/perms.txt and then start the container, it may take a minute to go through all the perms but might fix it up for you.