[Support] binhex - Plex

On 3/2/2024 at 8:20 AM, clownstyle said:

Hi all,

I'm having a really strange problem with plex transcoding using an NVIDIA GPU on my unraid server. I've setup all the required variables for plex to see the nvidia GPU and it works 100% of the time using the mobile app and asking plex to convert. Using nvidia-smi I can see the transcode running on the GPU. This problem only seems to affect media transcoding in a web browser or the plex windows app. Windows app shows: An unknown error occurred (4294967279) when trying to force a lower quality transcode.

Unraid server: 6.12.8

Latest Binhex-plex app
i5-3570K CPU
16Gb ram
NVIDIA 1050Ti 4Gb

So I'm running lower end hardware which I will likely upgrade in the future, shifting the transcoding to my GPU to save my CPU for other tasks. Do you think I'm having problems due to the 1050ti capabilities? Is there any logs I can check to see why the transcode is not working? When this happens I see the process in nvidia-smi then it quickly disappears and the media is not transcoded but watching in the mobile app the transcode keeps running.

I tested the same thing in Jellyfin and everything works 100% there. Only difference I see between the two is nvidia-smi for plex shows:
plexmediaserver/Plex Transcoder
and jellyfin shows:
/usr/lib/jellyfin-ffmpeg/ffmpeg

Tried various other Plex variants available from the apps section but they all display the same behaviour. Bit of a pain knowing I paid to test the service and the free alternative seems to perform better!

Can anyone point me in the right direction to see why this is not working in the browser and windows app?

Thanks

I also seem to have the same issue! Same error. Latest official Plex docker, 6.12.8 with a Nvidia RTX 4000. Transcode works fine via mobile Plex app, but web browser or Plex Windows app crashes with 4294967279 error code. 

Is this where I come for support with Plex in unRaid? I don't think I installed the binhex version but I didn't see a support thread for the official Plex docker. I don't know the difference in the binhex version and the official version.

I'm having trouble getting Remote Access to work correctly and I know that I've forwarded each port that Plex uses correctly in my modem settings. I had Plex working on a Windows server prior to moving it to unRaid and I had the same port forward rules setup for my Windows machine. I have the Plex docker setup as "Host" network type so it should be using my server's IP address. Can someone help me get the remote access working correctly? I think its causing all my clients to connect indirectly.

Plex Docker Port Mapings:

image.png.6ae239dc752fc2d0dd28296ac4fcc8b4.png

Modem Port Forwarding Rules (AdamNas = 192.168.1.189)

image.png.d5961b3a1d5f16867a161d40266273b6.png

This just show how the rules above are defined in the modem/router.

image.png.d21ba325ebb4a44d6509c1489eff923b.png

Plex test for remote accessibility.

image.thumb.png.caca454dfbd2c6858867be8f35dffeea.png

Modem NAT for Plex Server IP (192.168.1.189). I post this because it looks like other ports about being used. (1 of 2...had to scroll to the right to see the rest)

image.png.3fc9f17102a8b78c3263c5b998598a3d.png

Modem NAT for Plex Server IP (192.168.1.189). (2 of 2...had to scroll to the right to see the rest)

image.png.6e96dc3006d2fbc3cd984d8589d8f98c.png

1 hour ago, Dinglestains said:

Is this where I come for support with Plex in unRaid? I don't think I installed the binhex version but I didn't see a support thread for the official Plex docker. I don't know the difference in the binhex version and the official version.

The official Plex docker is supported in Plex forums, not here.  Binhex and Linuxserver versions of Plex docker are supported in these forums.  They are all just different packaging of the same code with the same functionality; not a lot of differences really.

You may still find some help here if someone is able to point you in the right direction or you may be referred to the Plex support forums.

Hi....after last docker updates my Plex disappeared and at Previous Apps they showed Plex and PlexMediaServer(official) so reinstalled PlexMediaServer and it worked again but seems glitchy.

So I want to try your Plex version - how can I properly migrate or redirect library to this docker?

Otherwise I started PlexPass and it shows empty.

Thanks Norm