[Support] binhex - NZBGet

16 minutes ago, derjp said:

So as i tried to make changes in settings of nzbget-ng i receive the following error:
image.png.748a805be3cb30156e07b523fda4119a.png

you dont know were i can find this folder or what i can do to solv this?

you need to go to the support thread for that image, i'm sorry i cannot support other images.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Binhex

Thanks for your great templates, you and other dev's make Unraid what it is.

I've been using the ich777 nzbget image however this is marked as depreciated so I thought I would spin up yours and transition to the more up to date version.

Not sure why or whether its the template or some strange Docker behaviour but after installing your nzbget app from the app store the settings for the other (ich777) docker have been altered.

steps to recreate -

1. install and set up Ich777 nzbget running default port 6789
  2. click on the nzbget icon and "WEBGUI"
  3. a new tab opens correctly to localhost:6789 (yay all good)
  4. stop nzbget docker
  5. install from apps tab "Binhex-nzbget" with following change from default
  6. stipulate a different port other than 6789 (taken by Ich777 nzbget) within the template options. I used port 6799
  7. stipulate a different directory for data to download to
  8. start binhex-nzbget 
  9. open webgui which correctly opens localhost:6799
  10. stop binhex-nzbget
  11. remove the app and files
  12. restart ich777 nzbget
  13. attempt to open ich777 nzbget WEBGUI
  14. web gui cannot be reached
  15. check nzbget logs - all appears normal and running fine.
  16. check ip address which cannot be reached and Ich777 nzbget is now attempting to open localhost:6799 instead of localhost:6789
  17. double check template for ich777 nzbget and it is still showing 6789
  18. restart docker service same incorrect mapping still occurs.

Also if running both nzbget instances at the same time, the ich777 nzbget instance incorrectly shows the 6799 port mapping on the docker dashboard.

Finally typing the correct ip and port into the address bar (localhost:6789) correctly brings up the ich777 nzbget app

Hope that all makes sense.

Thanks

10 hours ago, dgs2001 said:

Hi Binhex

Thanks for your great templates, you and other dev's make Unraid what it is.

I've been using the ich777 nzbget image however this is marked as depreciated so I thought I would spin up yours and transition to the more up to date version.

Not sure why or whether its the template or some strange Docker behaviour but after installing your nzbget app from the app store the settings for the other (ich777) docker have been altered.

steps to recreate -

1. install and set up Ich777 nzbget running default port 6789
  2. click on the nzbget icon and "WEBGUI"
  3. a new tab opens correctly to localhost:6789 (yay all good)
  4. stop nzbget docker
  5. install from apps tab "Binhex-nzbget" with following change from default
  6. stipulate a different port other than 6789 (taken by Ich777 nzbget) within the template options. I used port 6799
  7. stipulate a different directory for data to download to
  8. start binhex-nzbget 
  9. open webgui which correctly opens localhost:6799
  10. stop binhex-nzbget
  11. remove the app and files
  12. restart ich777 nzbget
  13. attempt to open ich777 nzbget WEBGUI
  14. web gui cannot be reached
  15. check nzbget logs - all appears normal and running fine.
  16. check ip address which cannot be reached and Ich777 nzbget is now attempting to open localhost:6799 instead of localhost:6789
  17. double check template for ich777 nzbget and it is still showing 6789
  18. restart docker service same incorrect mapping still occurs.

Also if running both nzbget instances at the same time, the ich777 nzbget instance incorrectly shows the 6799 port mapping on the docker dashboard.

Finally typing the correct ip and port into the address bar (localhost:6789) correctly brings up the ich777 nzbget app

Hope that all makes sense.

Thanks

So stopping and restarting the docker service did not fix this, but a server restart has corrected it.

Just wondering if I can get the two nzbget dockers to play nice (They are named differently and using different port allocations) 

On 11/13/2023 at 4:24 PM, PBA+J said:

If I wanted to restart every 3 minutes, I can use CA User Scripts to accomplish this, correct?

I labeled it NZB Restart

I used the following in the scripts:

#!/bin/bash
docker restart binhex-nzbget

I run in the background on Custom and set this input for custom:  */3 * * * *

That should restart NZB every 3 minutes, right?

Thanks for posting this. I followed your lead and set this up as well. Script works and the restarts at least allow some of my backlog to process a little at a time. Might tweak the frequency later but good enough for now.

*edit: changed to every 30 minutes and is working well for me 

Edited by MACGoof
13 hours ago, dgs2001 said:

Just wondering if I can get the two nzbget dockers to play nice (They are named differently and using different port allocations) 

definitely possible, just ensure the name, the host port is different for each container and also you must have completely separate /config for each container, they cannot share the same path.

13 hours ago, dgs2001 said:

check ip address which cannot be reached and Ich777 nzbget is now attempting to open localhost:6799 instead of localhost:6789

The fact it was fixed by a restart probably points the finger of blame at unraid web ui, but you can verify the port used to connect to the web ui by edit/toggling 'advanced view' (top right) and then checking the 'WebUI' port is what you expect, it is possible the web ui port did not update when you changed it.

• 2 weeks later...

how can I run binhex-nzbget through binhex-qbittorrentvpn so it shares the VPN... I have privoxy enabled on the qbittorrent container... but I can not seem to see a privoxy setting in nzbGet Settings?

: EDIT :

I worked out a way of sharing the vpn form the other docker, but not using privoxy ... I had to change how the networking worked.... instructions can be found here...

Q 24/25

https://github.com/binhex/documentation/blob/master/docker/faq/vpn.md

Seems to be working fine... let me know if there is a better way to do this.

Edited by questionbot
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Binhex,

I have been running this image of NZBGET for around a month now but am seeing lots of unpack stalls.

Also seeing tls errors.

its strange because the old image which was ich777 does not suffer from either problem. just keeps nagging me aboput being depreciated!

Have you managed to have a look at any fixes for the unpack issue?

Thanks