binhex

[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

1881 posts in this topic

37 minutes ago, Catsk said:

Hi Binhex,

I tried to change with :ro and same error ...

Well if i copy and paste your command line into a bash shell prompt it works fine (only thing changed was path on host side), so the issue is with that docker app/web ui your using, have you tried issuing the command directly at the command line?

proof:-

docker run -d --cap-add=NET_ADMIN -p 8112:8112 -p 8118:8118 -p 58846:58846 -p 58946:58946 --name=delugevpn -v /tmp/docker/deluge/data:/data -v /tmp/docker/deluge/config:/config -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro -e VPN_ENABLED=yes -e VPN_USER=username -e VPN_PASS=Passwd -e VPN_REMOTE=nl.privateinternetaccess.com -e VPN_PORT=1198 -e VPN_PROTOCOL=udp -e VPN_DEVICE_TYPE=tun -e VPN_PROV=pia -e STRONG_CERTS=no -e ENABLE_PRIVOXY=yes -e LAN_NETWORK=192.168.31.0/24 -e NAME_SERVERS=8.8.8.8,8.8.4.4 -e DEBUG=false -e UMASK=000 -e PUID=0 -e PGID=0 binhex/arch-delugevpn
Unable to find image 'binhex/arch-delugevpn:latest' locally
latest: Pulling from binhex/arch-delugevpn
7368fdad902f: Pull complete
63103ef8f895: Pull complete
886bc19fa75a: Pull complete
5ebe09dc3070: Pull complete
eda8514a153b: Pull complete
32f9f48aa48d: Pull complete
01ad81cd7f39: Pull complete
ebe2eb1b0ae5: Pull complete
8150312626c3: Pull complete
17331dae0b3d: Pull complete
6604cf1620d0: Pull complete
b29f8a7ef5ce: Pull complete
ece425f21c23: Pull complete
de94699b9740: Pull complete
d9cf0cb5caf3: Pull complete
11703a066d42: Pull complete
d6d4883c12a0: Pull complete
116edf5f15ac: Pull complete
3baa00bb8b6d: Pull complete
68b40c8a5519: Pull complete
434e22b77f65: Pull complete
04bf2c0dcea3: Pull complete
Digest: sha256:b4b4a767400ac7515df11c0009a8e9e2c2c123b1659f610b9dba758e8b073706
Status: Downloaded newer image for binhex/arch-delugevpn:latest

Hi,

I can't create the container with this command in the Sync Docker GUI.

I tried to launch the docker command with ssh but It can't create the folders because the folders doesn't exist in a NAS synology.

Somebody knows how to install this docker container on a sync ?

1 minute ago, Catsk said:

Somebody knows how to install this docker container on a sync ?

you're asking in the wrong forum :-), 99% of people here run unraid and don't need things like Sync Docker (whatever that is) as we have a built in web ui, you're probably better off asking that question in the NAS Synology forum.

@Catsk

To install on a Synology DS you cannot use the command line (or at least I have never got to work on an image).  You want to enter in the parameters via the Docker GUI the first time you launch the container.  You can then save your settings so you don't have to redo when you update the container.  

1. In the General Settings you want to make sure you check the box "Execute Container Using Higher Privilege"  .  Do this last or it has a habit of unchecking.  It will give a warning when you do.
  2. Enter in the parameters via the GUI: Volume, Port Settings, and Environment.  Nothing goes in the "Links" section.  
  3. Because of an issue with Synology on current firmware (talked about in this thread but don't have the link) you need to also setup a Task to run as "root" on "Bootup" with the commands shown in the screen shot (Run Commands).  Otherwise the docker will not launch correctly.  
  4. Once you have everything running well, export out your configuration through the GUI and save to disk somewhere for when you need to download a new version/upgrade.  That way, you simply delete the Container and Image, redownload new Image and before you launch you Import in settings for Container.  This will work as long as you use the same basic image each time (i.e., "Latest").  That way you only have to do the GUI deal one time (which is a pain).  

I have this running on Synology with no major issues. You do have to watch any patches that come out for Synology since sometimes it breaks things but other than some weird aspects for the way Synology did things, you can get most any Docker image working easily with version of above.

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

Capture4.PNG

Capture5.PNG

Capture.PNG

How difficult would it be to transition to this container from the standard Linuxserver.io Deluge container? Obviously, I'd like to keep all current seeds and transfer over any settings.

3 minutes ago, nlash said:

How difficult would it be to transition to this container from the standard Linuxserver.io Deluge container? Obviously, I'd like to keep all current seeds and transfer over any settings.

difficulty is a very subjective thing :-), but possible? yes i would think so, you would need to look at the structure of the files/folders for the current container and copy them into the same place for the new containers /config folder, the problem you might run into is if there are any paths stored in deluge for the stuff you are already seeding, if so then it might mean you would need to re-seed the files after the transition, of course there is nothing stopping you running both side by side and then transition over slowly (make sure port is different on the host side to prevent port clash) which is probably the less stressful option.