[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

I am trying to set up PIA VPN in this container on unRAID
 I have the following files in the /openvpn/ folder (from this download https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/openvpn/openvpn.zip)
  • ca.rsa.2048.crt 
  • crl.rsa.2048.pem
  • Netherlands.ovpn
I can not connect to the webUI when the VPN is enabled. I get this error in the logs
Options error: Unrecognized option or missing or extra parameter(s) in [CMD-LINE]:1: auth-user-pass (2.4.1)

I noticed the credentials.conf has en extra line after the passwords

Let me know if you need more information
Screenshot_5.thumb.png.6f92dddc22124fff8ea9a851f499044b.png
Screenshot_6.png.ec32c6ff0819981c3ba70e70175bd25f.png

Remove value for vpn_options

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I am having an issue with this container where it binds to the wrong interface. It says exactly what it is doing in the logs, but I can't get it to use the eth0 interface's IP instead of the tun0's IP. I am using mtacvlan networking so the container has its own IP address. I pored over this thread, but I can't seem to figure out how to manually change the deluge bound IP. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

12 hours ago, clowrym said:

I am having an issue with PureVPN, I always end up with tls errors, doesnt seem to make any difference what settings I change, or servers I try.

Any idea's?

supervisord.txt

your vpn provider is using a weak cipher for their certs, its not permitted with openssl 1.1.x:-

VERIFY ERROR: depth=0, error=CA signature digest algorithm too weak:

please contact your vpn provider and get them to update their certs.

I'm having trouble figuring out my LAN_NETWORK.  When I type ifconfig into the command module, I get the following choices:

as0t0:
as0t1:
as0t2:
as0t3:
as0t4:
as0t5:
as0t6:
as0t7:
bond0:
br0:
docker0
eth0:
lo:
veth0e9lccl:
birbr0:

I assume that I should use eth0 based on the example in the FAQ, but it doesn't even list a inet/netmask.  Should I be using the flag number to identify?

Also for Incoming Port inside Deluge, should I set that to random or should I leave it as is?

Edited by clowncracker
On 15/08/2017 at 9:25 AM, binhex said:

VERIFY ERROR: depth=0, error=CA signature digest algorithm too weak:

I also have this error trying to connect to PureVPN using their supplied linux .ovpn files.

They recommend using the following additional environment variables, but I can't get the first one to pass through to the container correctly because the plus sign "+" is being stripped. I tried escaping it "\" and wrapping it in single quotes to no avail.

NSS_HASH_ALG_SUPPORT=+MD5

OPENSSL_ENABLE_MD5_VERIFY=1

https://support.purevpn.com/openvpn-connection-issue-on-fedora

Any ideas?

Thought I'd fire this Docker up after having it switched off for months (I don't really torrent). 

Firing it up today, though, it won't start. It used to, though...

Looking at the logs, it says the following:

2017-08-16 22:00:20.685329 [info] Host is running unRAID
2017-08-16 22:00:20.720830 [info] System information Linux 9988f5e96e14 4.9.30-unRAID #1 SMP PREEMPT Fri May 26 13:56:36 PDT 2017 x86_64 GNU/Linux
2017-08-16 22:00:20.761326 [info] PUID defined as '99'
2017-08-16 22:00:20.802404 [info] PGID defined as '100'
2017-08-16 22:00:20.865166 [info] UMASK defined as '000'
2017-08-16 22:00:20.902653 [info] Permissions already set for volume mappings
2017-08-16 22:00:20.942325 [info] VPN_ENABLED defined as 'yes'
2017-08-16 22:00:20.983601 [info] VPN config file (ovpn extension) is located at /config/openvpn/openvpn.ovpn
dos2unix: converting file /config/openvpn/openvpn.ovpn to Unix format...
2017-08-16 22:00:21.020886 [crit] VPN configuration file /config/openvpn/openvpn.ovpn does not contain 'remote' line, showing contents of file before exit...
client
resolv-retry infinite
nobind
persist-key
cipher aes-256-cbc
auth sha256
tls-client
remote-cert-tls server
auth-user-pass credentials.conf
comp-lzo
verb 1
crl-verify crl.rsa.4096.pem
ca ca.rsa.4096.crt
disable-occ

I'm using PIA as my provider, and have confirmed that I have the correct settings for it:

"VPN_ENABLED"="yes"

"VPN_USER"="[MYUSER]"

"VPN_PASS"="[MYPASS]"

"VPN_REMOTE"="uk-london.privateinternetaccess.com"

"VPN_PORT"="1197"

"VPN_PROTOCOL"="udp"

"VPN_DEVICE_TYPE"="tun"

"VPN_PROV"="pia"

"VPN_OPTIONS"=""

"STRONG_CERTS"="yes"

"ENABLE_PRIVOXY"="no"

"LAN_NETWORK"="192.168.1.0/24"

"NAME_SERVERS"="8.8.8.8,37.235.1.174,8.8.4.4,37.235.1.177"

"DEBUG"="true"

"UMASK"="000"

"PUID"="99"

"PGID"="100"

Any idea what's wrong? I didn't think I needed to install any custom certs for a PIA connection, but is that what's wrong?

Thanks for you help.

EDIT: 
I decided to nuke my install and try again from scratch.

I deleted the docker, including the image, then deleted the 'binhex-delugevpn' dir from appdata

Now when I start the new container it I get this error:

2017-08-16 22:42:34.186781 [crit] Missing OpenVPN configuration file in /config/openvpn/ (no files with an ovpn extension exist), please create and then restart this container, exiting...

I don't see anywhere in the documentation that I had to install a OpenVPN config file if I was using PIA, but it certainly looks that way.

Do I? Where can I get a  working PIA file from? And do I just drop it in the config dir?

Thanks.

EDIT2: I notice now that the appdata/binhex-delugevpn dir is rather empty...

All it contains is openvpn [directory] and 2x files: perms.txt & supervisord.log

Is this due to Deluge not starting all the way up, or have I somehow borked even the default config by deleting the appdata/binhex-delugevpn directory before a re-install?

Thanks again!

FINALEDIT:

Just found the details in this post on some changes by Binhex: 

So I downloaded an openvpn config file from PIA and it now works (at least the WebUI opens, I haven't tried torrenting just yet...)!

Edited by jademonkee
Circumstances changed...
38 minutes ago, strike said:

Take a look at the link in the post right above yours and you'll have the answer..

Hi, okay thanks, i can see that i have the correct credentials and ovpn file in the appdata/ovpn folder but i cannot connect to the WEBUI. I see the thread above states he can see the WEBUI so is there something specific i should do?

The log is showing as the attachment.

Thanks

Capture.PNG

Edited by funkym00se
8 minutes ago, funkym00se said:

Hi, okay thanks, i can see that i have the correct credentials and ovpn file in the appdata/ovpn folder but i cannot connect to the WEBUI. I see the thread above states he can see the WEBUI so is there something specific i should do?

Thanks

Capture.PNG

Just to be sure, did you follow these instructions when you setup the docker?

https://forums.lime-technology.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=30124

8 minutes ago, funkym00se said:

Thanks

Capture.PNG

You need more than just the .ovpn file in the openvpn dir: you also need the .crt and .pem file. These are included in the zip file from PIA that contained the .ovpn file.

Just copy them over to the same directory and you should be good to go.

5 minutes ago, jademonkee said:

You need more than just the .ovpn file in the openvpn dir: you also need the .crt and .pem file. These are included in the zip file from PIA that contained the .ovpn file.

Just copy them over to the same directory and you should be good to go.

Ah superb, that was the problem! Thank you everyone!

Hello, i had the same issue as funkym after getting the pia files and adding them im now stuck on this following line repeating over and over

no such container: cef57b5c38fb  

this is after adding the openvpn missing files

never mind after restarting on a wim it seems to now be working

although  it took me a few hours to troll though all the posts here, they were a big help thanks bin and any one else who helped

Edited by ishta
1 hour ago, binhex said:

fyi guys ive just included those notes, so there is now a newbie guide, url to it is above my avatar, would put it in sigs but its off by default :-(

Any plan to add them to the GitHub readme? Just an idea. That's usually the first place I look for instructions.

Also, I don't see the link. Possibly doesn't show up on mobile devices.

IMG_1039.thumb.PNG.83d710ad4576c01bf3ba3b353235ffd2.PNG

Edited by wgstarks
On 1/21/2016 at 11:06 AM, binhex said:

IMPORTANT - Existing users read

Hi all, i have made some changes (3rd Feb 2016) to DelugeVPN which will mean if you pull down the latest image you will now need to alter the name environment variable "LAN_RANGE" to "LAN_NETWORK", you will also now need to define this as <lan network>/<cidr notation>

Example CIDR notation below:-

Is it possible to add more than one LAN-NETWORK to the Docker. I have been running a different TransmissionVPN Docker https://github.com/haugene/docker-transmission-openvpn, but iptable_mangle doesnt seem to allow me access outside my local network.

My use case here, is that I typcally access my Home network via openVPN server I have set up on my server. But my VPN address is 10.1.0.0/24, & my home local is 192.168.0.0/24. 

I switched to haugene's Docker because he has added a script for pia that will check & monitor the open port  and modify Transmissions port to suit

Edited by clowrym

Hello. 

After the last update i cant start the docker. 

No errors or anything, only a bunch of numbers. 

This is the last before it stops posting in the log:

-----BEGIN OpenVPN Static key V1-----
7bb7a23a0f5f28d01e792df68f1764ab
f2688719288808bf58e8a2d4f9354ecf
132625dfb895fc3f6330ae1e868e4dfa
c164c0931593d7f9a7da9595cf353433
8896e1d0a987a0d19838944af8fea4e5
215a3a0c76f4c67d5a4aee6a53be66a4
c88b84f850030840fb30f8550ed8068f
35c1ef34ee8f40a0ea5862dfb6f8d3c5
7ab5e27ac2799cf93e8765ff63cd8cd8
6b391b813925cd373bb202796f64d16f
003d042ca828d1b07f18ba1d0cb0323d
df3ee9287e9e084e655699efb3cffa92
3" HERE I HAVE REMOVED SOME OF IT WITH PURPUSE MUST IN CASE THIS IS PRIVATE
-----END OpenVPN Static key V1-----
</tls-auth>

edit: perhaps i can put it back to its older version, can anyone guide me in the right direction on how to ?

EDIT 2:

i`ve managed to roll back the version, and now its working :)

But do i have to do something else than just install the newest version? 

so strange it didnt work.

Edited by Unlime

Thanks for all the great work!  I've got this up and running, except for one nagging issue -- when I stop and restart the docker, the "Label" plugin in Deluge disappears (becomes unchecked).  If I check it again, all of my label settings are still there, and other plugins I've selected (Extractor, Blocklist) never become unchecked, so I'm confused about just what's happening here....

I'm having trouble using Privoxy bundled with this.  Everything looks good, but i can't connect with it.

So my VPN works fine because i set that up first, and have been downloading with that, and then i thought i'd switch on the privoxy and to test it works connect through chrome with switchyomegeproxy extension.

I have Privoxy enable checked that the .0/24 setting, and i'm pointing the extension to my webserver ip, port 8118, but I'm timing out and its not working :(  Any clues?

23 hours ago, nonliteral said:

Thanks for all the great work!  I've got this up and running, except for one nagging issue -- when I stop and restart the docker, the "Label" plugin in Deluge disappears (becomes unchecked).  If I check it again, all of my label settings are still there, and other plugins I've selected (Extractor, Blocklist) never become unchecked, so I'm confused about just what's happening here....

I remember having that issue once, don't remember what I did to fix it tho. Think it got fixed when I nuked the docker image and pulled the containers again. I could be wrong, but if all else fails you can try that. Doesn't take long, you'll be up in about 10 min with all your dockers back up if you use the "previous apps" section in CA.

Also before you try that, stop/restart the docker and if the labels plugin is unchecked again don't check it. Just try to send a test torrent to deluge with sonarr/sickrage/radarr or whatever you're using and check if the label gets added to the torrent anyway. I kinda remember trying that too, but I don't remember if that was the thing that fixed it. 

1 hour ago, alexdodd said:

I'm having trouble using Privoxy bundled with this.  Everything looks good, but i can't connect with it.

So my VPN works fine because i set that up first, and have been downloading with that, and then i thought i'd switch on the privoxy and to test it works connect through chrome with switchyomegeproxy extension.

I have Privoxy enable checked that the .0/24 setting, and i'm pointing the extension to my webserver ip, port 8118, but I'm timing out and its not working :(  Any clues?

Probably a configuration issue in the extension. Have you tried including http:// in the address? some apps require it and some don’t. I've never tested that extension so I wouldn’t know. What OS are you running chrome on?

• Upvote 1