[Support] binhex - DelugeVPN

On 2017-6-2 at 0:46 PM, roland said:

But obviously that is not a permanent solution.

Any chance you could look into this sometime?

i will do roland, im pretty sure i know what the issue is, but i have some other changes i want to put in first before i take a look at this.

• Upvote 1
On 2017-6-3 at 3:11 PM, Heciruam said:

If I use AirVPN will I have to add the .ovpn file to the config as well as type the right info into the settings on install or will the config be enough? Or am I completely off on how to do it?

Thanks in advance.

currently you need to drop the airvpn ovpn file in /config/openvpn/ folder ad also define remote, port and protocol via env vars, this is changing in the future, but for now this is how you do it.

• Upvote 1

I know this is a stupid question but I am new to VPN. I set all of this up and did not run into any problems. My question is this though, I know you are connected through a VPN when the torrent is downloading but do you need to worry about when you actually click the link on your browser that is not VPN connected. For example, I am on my laptop with no vpn and in Chrome I click a torrent link which automatically sends it to Deluge on my Unraid box which is connected through VPN. My laptop was not connected to VPN when I clicked the link, is that a problem?

Thanks!

I know this is a stupid question but I am new to VPN. I set all of this up and did not run into any problems. My question is this though, I know you are connected through a VPN when the torrent is downloading but do you need to worry about when you actually click the link on your browser that is not VPN connected. For example, I am on my laptop with no vpn and in Chrome I click a torrent link which automatically sends it to Deluge on my Unraid box which is connected through VPN. My laptop was not connected to VPN when I clicked the link, is that a problem?

Thanks!

A torrent file is only metadata, last time I checked downloading metadata is not illegal, but some people may still want to hide this, this can be achieved via the built in proxy (privoxy) see my Sig FAQ for info.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Hi binhex,

First, thanks you very much for your work !

I tried to setting up the container on my Synology DSM6+ but I have a error message as the finally step : "Format error in execution command". 

I enter this execution command : 

docker run -d 
    --cap-add=NET_ADMIN 
    -p 8112:8112 
    -p 8118:8118
    -p 58846:58846 
    -p 58946:58946
    --name=Deluge 
    -v /apps/docker/deluge/data:/data 
    -v /apps/docker/deluge/config:/config 
    -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro 
    -e VPN_ENABLED=yes 
    -e VPN_USER=username
    -e VPN_PASS=password
    -e VPN_REMOTE=nl.privateinternetaccess.com 
    -e VPN_PORT=1198 
    -e VPN_PROTOCOL=udp 
    -e VPN_DEVICE_TYPE=tun 
    -e VPN_PROV=pia 
    -e STRONG_CERTS=no 
    -e ENABLE_PRIVOXY=yes 
    -e LAN_NETWORK=192.168.31.0/24 
    -e NAME_SERVERS=8.8.8.8,8.8.8.4 
    -e DEBUG=false 
    -e UMASK=000 
    -e PUID=0 
    -e PGID=0 
    binhex/arch-delugevpn

Have you a solution ?

Thanks you :)

On 2017-6-16 at 11:39 PM, killeriq said:

Hello binhex,

Is there some limitation when the VPN provider is using IPv6 ? somehow im not able to connect

Via OpenVPN client in unRAID is connecting fine

thx

supervisord.log

i have done no testing on ipv6, off the top of my head i would assume i would need to add ip6tables rules to allow ipv6 inbound/outbound to the vpn endpoint once the tunnel is established, but there could be more work (potentially a lot more work) as well.

8 minutes ago, binhex said:

i have done no testing on ipv6, off the top of my head i would assume i would need to add ip6tables rules to allow ipv6 inbound/outbound to the vpn endpoint once the tunnel is established, but there could be more work (potentially a lot more work) as well.

azirevpn.com - you can create trial account and test if you have time.

Can i allow modify the ip6tables? or it needs to be done by you? as since 6.4.0 rc release there is IPv6 support on unRaid, thought it would work on docker also...

Thanks

On 2017-6-18 at 0:24 AM, Catsk said:

"Format error in execution command". 

not exactly sure whats going on there, but am i right in thinking your not able to create a container at all?, as in this is telling you it cannot execute the command?, if so make sure you are using spaces rather than tabs for your command line and you need to have '\' at the end of each line if you want to have the command defined over multiple lines, as per the documentation on docker hub (see first post in this thread for link), at this point it looks like a simple command line formatting issue.

18 minutes ago, killeriq said:

azirevpn.com - you can create trial account and test if you have time.

Can i allow modify the ip6tables? or it needs to be done by you? as since 6.4.0 rc release there is IPv6 support on unRaid, thought it would work on docker also...

Thanks

you can modify anything you want by using docker exec -it <container name> /bin/bash, this will get you inside the running container, you can then modify any scripts that are executed at startup (located in /root or /home/nobody/). Keep in mind though if you do modify any script then the change will get overwritten next time you re-create the container (for instance an update) but the change will survive a reboot of the container so you could test your changes.

23 hours ago, binhex said:

you can modify anything you want by using docker exec -it <container name> /bin/bash, this will get you inside the running container, you can then modify any scripts that are executed at startup (located in /root or /home/nobody/). Keep in mind though if you do modify any script then the change will get overwritten next time you re-create the container (for instance an update) but the change will survive a reboot of the container so you could test your changes.

HI binhex,

Thanks for your reply !

I'm able to create a container because I can create a deluge container without command line.
I tried to make this command in one line but I have the same error.

My command line :

docker run -d --cap-add=NET_ADMIN -p 8112:8112 -p 8118:8118 -p 58846:58846 -p 58946:58946 --name=delugevpn -v /apps/docker/deluge/data:/data -v /apps/docker/deluge/config:/config -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro -e VPN_ENABLED=yes -e VPN_USER=username -e VPN_PASS=Passwd -e VPN_REMOTE=nl.privateinternetaccess.com -e VPN_PORT=1198 -e VPN_PROTOCOL=udp -e VPN_DEVICE_TYPE=tun -e VPN_PROV=pia -e STRONG_CERTS=no -e ENABLE_PRIVOXY=yes -e LAN_NETWORK=192.168.31.0/24 -e NAME_SERVERS=8.8.8.8,8.8.4.4 -e DEBUG=false -e UMASK=000 -e PUID=0 -e PGID=0 binhex/arch-delugevpn

In attachement, the screen of my container and error.
Thanks for your help :)

Capture d’écran 2017-06-19 à 19.18.59.png

Capture d’écran 2017-06-19 à 19.19.28.png

Edited by Catsk

Forgive the newbie here but I'm assembling a docker based media machine and using your deluge container.  As an admitted newbie, I cannot get the web-ui to launch

I used this script:

docker run --restart=always -d \
        --cap-add=NET_ADMIN \
        -p 8112:8112 \
        -p 8118:8118 \
        -p 58846:58846 \
        --name=deluge \
        -v /srv/app-data/deluge:/config \
        -v /srv/downloads:/data \
        -v /srv/downloads:/downloads \
        -v /srv/media:/media \
        -v /srv/seeds:/seeds \
        -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro \
        -e VPN_ENABLED=yes \
        -e VPN_USER=<myusername> \
        -e VPN_PASS=<myPass> \
        -e VPN_REMOTE=ca.privateinternetaccess.com \
        -e VPN_PORT=1194 \
        -e VPN_PROTOCOL=udp \
        -e VPN_PROV=pia \
        -e ENABLE_PRIVOXY=yes \
        -e LAN_NETWORK=10.0.212.0/24 \
        -e DEBUG=true \
        -e PUID=1002 \
        -e PGID=11000 \
        -e UMASK=003 \
        -e MASK=003 \
        binhex/arch-delugevpn

And have uploaded my log.  I appreciate any help and am prepared for some razzing if it is your basic ID10t error.

supervisord.log

Forgive the newbie here but I'm assembling a docker based media machine and using your deluge container.  As an admitted newbie, I cannot get the web-ui to launch

I used this script:

docker run --restart=always -d \        --cap-add=NET_ADMIN \        -p 8112:8112 \        -p 8118:8118 \        -p 58846:58846 \        --name=deluge \        -v /srv/app-data/deluge:/config \        -v /srv/downloads:/data \        -v /srv/downloads:/downloads \        -v /srv/media:/media \        -v /srv/seeds:/seeds \        -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro \        -e VPN_ENABLED=yes \        -e VPN_USER=<myusername> \        -e VPN_PASS=<myPass> \        -e VPN_REMOTE=ca.privateinternetaccess.com \        -e VPN_PORT=1194 \        -e VPN_PROTOCOL=udp \        -e VPN_PROV=pia \        -e ENABLE_PRIVOXY=yes \        -e LAN_NETWORK=10.0.212.0/24 \        -e DEBUG=true \        -e PUID=1002 \        -e PGID=11000 \        -e UMASK=003 \        -e MASK=003 \        binhex/arch-delugevpn

And have uploaded my log.  I appreciate any help and am prepared for some razzing if it is your basic ID10t error.

supervisord.log

This is your issue, wrong username and/or password:-

Mon Jun 19 16:30:28 2017 AUTH: Received control message: AUTH_FAILED

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, binhex said:

This is your issue, wrong username and/or password:-

Mon Jun 19 16:30:28 2017 AUTH: Received control message: AUTH_FAILED

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Wow, you're fast.  Another dumb question, is that the declared user "puid=1002" or the VPN_USER?  I'm thinking the VPN user as we never declare a password for the PUID, but if there's a permission issue...

12 hours ago, binhex said:

Thanks, but im affraid thats out of my skills, not sure what to check in to script or change...:(

3 hours ago, lux_en_veritas said:

Wow, you're fast.  Another dumb question, is that the declared user "puid=1002" or the VPN_USER?  I'm thinking the VPN user as we never declare a password for the PUID, but if there's a permission issue...

Figured it out, I left a character off the PIA username.  Like I said, ID10t error

Thank you for pointing out where I strayed

37 minutes ago, Catsk said:

Hi Binhex,

I tried to change with :ro and same error ...

Well if i copy and paste your command line into a bash shell prompt it works fine (only thing changed was path on host side), so the issue is with that docker app/web ui your using, have you tried issuing the command directly at the command line?

proof:-

docker run -d --cap-add=NET_ADMIN -p 8112:8112 -p 8118:8118 -p 58846:58846 -p 58946:58946 --name=delugevpn -v /tmp/docker/deluge/data:/data -v /tmp/docker/deluge/config:/config -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro -e VPN_ENABLED=yes -e VPN_USER=username -e VPN_PASS=Passwd -e VPN_REMOTE=nl.privateinternetaccess.com -e VPN_PORT=1198 -e VPN_PROTOCOL=udp -e VPN_DEVICE_TYPE=tun -e VPN_PROV=pia -e STRONG_CERTS=no -e ENABLE_PRIVOXY=yes -e LAN_NETWORK=192.168.31.0/24 -e NAME_SERVERS=8.8.8.8,8.8.4.4 -e DEBUG=false -e UMASK=000 -e PUID=0 -e PGID=0 binhex/arch-delugevpn
Unable to find image 'binhex/arch-delugevpn:latest' locally
latest: Pulling from binhex/arch-delugevpn
7368fdad902f: Pull complete
63103ef8f895: Pull complete
886bc19fa75a: Pull complete
5ebe09dc3070: Pull complete
eda8514a153b: Pull complete
32f9f48aa48d: Pull complete
01ad81cd7f39: Pull complete
ebe2eb1b0ae5: Pull complete
8150312626c3: Pull complete
17331dae0b3d: Pull complete
6604cf1620d0: Pull complete
b29f8a7ef5ce: Pull complete
ece425f21c23: Pull complete
de94699b9740: Pull complete
d9cf0cb5caf3: Pull complete
11703a066d42: Pull complete
d6d4883c12a0: Pull complete
116edf5f15ac: Pull complete
3baa00bb8b6d: Pull complete
68b40c8a5519: Pull complete
434e22b77f65: Pull complete
04bf2c0dcea3: Pull complete
Digest: sha256:b4b4a767400ac7515df11c0009a8e9e2c2c123b1659f610b9dba758e8b073706
Status: Downloaded newer image for binhex/arch-delugevpn:latest

Hi,

I can't create the container with this command in the Sync Docker GUI.

I tried to launch the docker command with ssh but It can't create the folders because the folders doesn't exist in a NAS synology.

Somebody knows how to install this docker container on a sync ?

1 minute ago, Catsk said:

Somebody knows how to install this docker container on a sync ?

you're asking in the wrong forum :-), 99% of people here run unraid and don't need things like Sync Docker (whatever that is) as we have a built in web ui, you're probably better off asking that question in the NAS Synology forum.

@Catsk

To install on a Synology DS you cannot use the command line (or at least I have never got to work on an image).  You want to enter in the parameters via the Docker GUI the first time you launch the container.  You can then save your settings so you don't have to redo when you update the container.  

1. In the General Settings you want to make sure you check the box "Execute Container Using Higher Privilege"  .  Do this last or it has a habit of unchecking.  It will give a warning when you do.
  2. Enter in the parameters via the GUI: Volume, Port Settings, and Environment.  Nothing goes in the "Links" section.  
  3. Because of an issue with Synology on current firmware (talked about in this thread but don't have the link) you need to also setup a Task to run as "root" on "Bootup" with the commands shown in the screen shot (Run Commands).  Otherwise the docker will not launch correctly.  
  4. Once you have everything running well, export out your configuration through the GUI and save to disk somewhere for when you need to download a new version/upgrade.  That way, you simply delete the Container and Image, redownload new Image and before you launch you Import in settings for Container.  This will work as long as you use the same basic image each time (i.e., "Latest").  That way you only have to do the GUI deal one time (which is a pain).  

I have this running on Synology with no major issues. You do have to watch any patches that come out for Synology since sometimes it breaks things but other than some weird aspects for the way Synology did things, you can get most any Docker image working easily with version of above.

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

Capture4.PNG

Capture5.PNG

Capture.PNG

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, nlash said:

How difficult would it be to transition to this container from the standard Linuxserver.io Deluge container? Obviously, I'd like to keep all current seeds and transfer over any settings.

difficulty is a very subjective thing :-), but possible? yes i would think so, you would need to look at the structure of the files/folders for the current container and copy them into the same place for the new containers /config folder, the problem you might run into is if there are any paths stored in deluge for the stuff you are already seeding, if so then it might mean you would need to re-seed the files after the transition, of course there is nothing stopping you running both side by side and then transition over slowly (make sure port is different on the host side to prevent port clash) which is probably the less stressful option.