Unassigned Devices - Managing Disk Drives and Remote Shares Outside of The Unraid Array

30 minutes ago, dlandon said:

lsof /mnt/disks/share

that lists the correct amount of open files for the share without duplicates. ?

but for the UD device without share it needs to be filtered for the process ‚duplicates‘ - in my case it lists 4 open files (double for each real physical file).

Edited by s.Oliver
19 minutes ago, s.Oliver said:

that lists the correct amount of open files for the share without duplicates. ?

but for the UD device without share it needs to be filtered for the process ‚duplicates‘ - in my case it lists 4 open files (double for each real physical file).

UD uses the lsof output to count the open files.

Try updating once more.  I don't think I filtered the duplicates properly and made a change.

If the update doesn't work, please display the actual output from lsof and not just a description of what's happening.  That way I can test to see what needs to be done for your case.

Hello, can anyone help me? I can not load share from some windows 10 machines i have tried using ip address.

Between the windows machines it works well.

But an odd thing is that i can load share from a windows 10 that was upgraded from windows 7 The only thing i can imagine separates it from the others is that it is not using Microsoft account.

But I'm using a local account for those who do not work too

Thanks, in advance

31 minutes ago, neorules said:

Hello, can anyone help me? I can not load share from some windows 10 machines i have tried using ip address.

But an odd thing is that i can load share from a windows 10 that was upgraded from windows 7 The only thing i can imagine separates it from the others is that it is not using Microsoft account.

Thanks, in advance

Yeah, I've never been able to do it.  Always figured it was "one of those things", and simply entered in the appropriate IP address and manually entered in the Share Name and appropriate credentials

48 minutes ago, neorules said:

Thanks, in advance

Post a UD log so I can see why it did not mount.

5 minutes ago, dlandon said:

Post a UD log so I can see why it did not mount.

I don't think its about mounting.  More about the load shares.  Neither one of my servers see any of my Win10's when Looking for servers (all same workgroup, etc)  Manually pop in the IP, and UD won't populate shares via Load Shares.  I never really cared as Win networking is crappy at best, so never reported as its easy to simply type in the stuff

EDIT: Could be wrong though  B|

Edited by Squid
59ebd35a0628e_UDFileCheck.png.5b7f21d3b63c84408eb0f7e02df78194.png

It appears that you have a cable/USB port/Enclosure issue and not a file system problem.

You were correct. I purchased a new powered HDD to USB docking station and it mounts the NTFS drives. I’m guessing the old usb enclosure one didn’t like the new Linux?? Regardless, the new $20 docking station is much nicer anyways so oh well! Thanks for your help.
13 hours ago, Squid said:

I don't think its about mounting.  More about the load shares.  Neither one of my servers see any of my Win10's when Looking for servers (all same workgroup, etc)  Manually pop in the IP, and UD won't populate shares via Load Shares.  I never really cared as Win networking is crappy at best, so never reported as its easy to simply type in the stuff

EDIT: Could be wrong though  B|

That sounds like a master browser issue.  Are you using VLANS?  If so, unRAID may be isolated.  If UD can't find the shares, the master browser is probably not visible to unRAID.  Make unRAID the master browser?

Try:

smbtree --servers

It should list the SMB servers unRAID sees.

Edited by dlandon
2 hours ago, Squid said:

Yeah, I've never been able to do it.  Always figured it was "one of those things", and simply entered in the appropriate IP address and manually entered in the Share Name and appropriate credentials

I've tried it too but it does not work!

Where can I find UD log

27 minutes ago, archedraft said:

You were correct. I purchased a new powered HDD to USB docking station and it mounts the NTFS drives. I’m guessing the old usb enclosure one didn’t like the new Linux?? Regardless, the new $20 docking station is much nicer anyways so oh well! Thanks for your help.

Glad you got it solved.  Sometime ago I had to retire several external USB2 drives that Linux did not like anymore.

2 minutes ago, neorules said:

And like magic it just works dlandon Did you scare it :D

I just made some changes regarding mounting remote SMB shares because of some changes in samba.  Your issue might have been related to that change.

Glad it's working for you.

The UD log is available on one of the icons on the upper right of the UD page.  Hover your mouse over the icons and you'll see a tool tip showing the operation of the icon when clicked.

3 hours ago, dlandon said:

UD uses the lsof output to count the open files.

Try updating once more.  I don't think I filtered the duplicates properly and made a change.

If the update doesn't work, please display the actual output from lsof and not just a description of what's happening.  That way I can test to see what needs to be done for your case.

thanks for the last update, didn't change anything. :-(

to clarify myself from earlier postings: i used lsof (no argument) and then searched for the relevant parts (because of that the values were higher then right now).

here are the actual outputs:

ls -la /mnt/disks/
drwxrwxrwx  1 nobody users  80 Oct 18 15:16 Samsung_SSD_850_EVO/
drwxrwxrwx  5 nobody users  54 Oct 17 11:50 UDWD4TB/

lsof /mnt/disks/UDWD4TB/
COMMAND     PID   USER   FD   TYPE DEVICE   SIZE/OFF       NODE NAME
tvheadend 14733 nobody   51w   REG   8,65 2994501788   14206387 /recordings/Recording1.ts
tvheadend 14733 nobody   57w   REG   8,65  152684764   14206397 /recordings/Recording2.ts
tvheadend 14733 nobody   62w   REG   8,65 3916977180 4311589916 /recordings/Recording3.ts

UD shows 7 open files – correct value is 3

----

lsof /mnt/disks/Samsung_SSD_850_EVO/
COMMAND     PID USER   FD   TYPE DEVICE    SIZE/OFF NODE NAME
qemu-syst 12310 root   18u   REG   0,38 55810129920  262 /mnt/disks/Samsung_SSD_850_EVO/VM1/Name1/vdisk2.qcow2
qemu-syst 12310 root   19u   REG   0,38 55810129920  262 /mnt/disks/Samsung_SSD_850_EVO/VM1/Name1/vdisk2.qcow2
qemu-syst 21566 root   22u   REG   0,38 85001043968  258 /mnt/disks/Samsung_SSD_850_EVO/VM2/vdisk2.qcow2
qemu-syst 21566 root   23u   REG   0,38 85001043968  258 /mnt/disks/Samsung_SSD_850_EVO/VM2/vdisk2.qcow2

UD shows 10 open files – correct value is 2

----

so i think it's not too bad – unifying the results of both would lead to correct amount of open files.

17 minutes ago, s.Oliver said:

thanks for the last update, didn't change anything. :-(

to clarify myself from earlier postings: i used lsof (no argument) and then searched for the relevant parts (because of that the values were higher then right now).

here are the actual outputs:

ls -la /mnt/disks/
drwxrwxrwx  1 nobody users  80 Oct 18 15:16 Samsung_SSD_850_EVO/
drwxrwxrwx  5 nobody users  54 Oct 17 11:50 UDWD4TB/

lsof /mnt/disks/UDWD4TB/
COMMAND     PID   USER   FD   TYPE DEVICE   SIZE/OFF       NODE NAME
tvheadend 14733 nobody   51w   REG   8,65 2994501788   14206387 /recordings/Recording1.ts
tvheadend 14733 nobody   57w   REG   8,65  152684764   14206397 /recordings/Recording2.ts
tvheadend 14733 nobody   62w   REG   8,65 3916977180 4311589916 /recordings/Recording3.ts

UD shows 7 open files – correct value is 3

----

lsof /mnt/disks/Samsung_SSD_850_EVO/
COMMAND     PID USER   FD   TYPE DEVICE    SIZE/OFF NODE NAME
qemu-syst 12310 root   18u   REG   0,38 55810129920  262 /mnt/disks/Samsung_SSD_850_EVO/VM1/Name1/vdisk2.qcow2
qemu-syst 12310 root   19u   REG   0,38 55810129920  262 /mnt/disks/Samsung_SSD_850_EVO/VM1/Name1/vdisk2.qcow2
qemu-syst 21566 root   22u   REG   0,38 85001043968  258 /mnt/disks/Samsung_SSD_850_EVO/VM2/vdisk2.qcow2
qemu-syst 21566 root   23u   REG   0,38 85001043968  258 /mnt/disks/Samsung_SSD_850_EVO/VM2/vdisk2.qcow2

UD shows 10 open files – correct value is 2

----

so i think it's not too bad – unifying the results of both would lead to correct amount of open files.

What version of UD are you using?  I'd sure like to see a screen shot of UD so I can see what you are talking about.  Click on the '+' symbol so I can see the open files for each mount point.

EDIT: DO you have the preclear plugin installed?

Edited by dlandon
Just now, s.Oliver said:

cha-ching! bingo! without it, the values are reported correctly!!! ;-)

You have several options here.

- Keep it removed and report the issue on the preclear blog and see if gfjardim will fix the open files reporting.

- Go to the Settings->Unassigned Devices and turn off the rc.diskinfo daemon.

The problem is that when preclear is installed, there is a background daemon that provides this information to UD to minimize the disk queries so preclear is not affected.  The rc.diskinfo daemon is not reporting the open files properly.

• trurl pinned this topic