Unassigned Devices - Managing Disk Drives and Remote Shares Outside of The Unraid Array

Hello Forum

I started receiving these error in my syslog after updating to latest version released on 2/1/17.  Is anyone else getting these error?  I'm running unRAID v6.3.0-rc-9.  The plugin seems to still work fine, and fix common problems does not recognize the error.  Kinda stuck on what these errors may be related to.

Any information would be appreciated.

code]Feb  2 10:21:04 Tower root: error: plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php: wrong csrf_token
Feb  2 10:21:09 Tower root: error: plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php: wrong csrf_token
Feb  2 10:21:15 Tower root: error: plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php: wrong csrf_token
Feb  2 10:21:21 Tower root: error: plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php: wrong csrf_token
Feb  2 10:21:26 Tower root: error: plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php: wrong csrf_token
Feb  2 10:21:33 Tower root: error: plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php: wrong csrf_token
Feb  2 10:21:39 Tower root: error: plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php: wrong csrf_token
Feb  2 10:21:44 Tower root: error: plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php: wrong csrf_token
Feb  2 10:21:49 Tower root: error: plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php: wrong csrf_token
eb  2 10:21:54 Tower root: error: plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php: wrong csrf_token

This is due to changes made by LimeTech in rc9.

https://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=55988.0

Looks like UD will need updating.

Thank you!!  I will uninstall until new version is released.  Same issue with PreClearDisks.plg also!

Are you sure you have the latest version of these plugins? Many plugin developers were aware of these changes in advance and updated their plugins before rc9 was released.

UD has been updated to handle the csrf errors generated in 6.3-rc9.  What are you doing when these errors occur?  I may have missed something.  gfjardim has also updated the preclear plugin.  Both plugins work for me.

Double check to be sure you have the latest versions.

UD has been updated to handle the csrf errors generated in 6.3-rc9.  What are you doing when these errors occur?  I may have missed something.  gfjardim has also updated the preclear plugin.  Both plugins work for me.

Double check to be sure you have the latest versions.

I figured that uninstalling and then reinstalling directly from the unRAID APPS location would be best practice.  After install, the version shown is as of 2/1/17.  No other plugins or dockers are engaged, and the array not started.  See for yourself, diagnostics attached. The log entry time here is when I perform install, errors begin shortly thereafter.

Feb  2 13:54:39 Tower emhttp: cmd: /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.plugin.manager/scripts/plugin install https://github.com/dlandon/unassigned.devices/raw/master/unassigned.devices.plg
Feb  2 13:54:40 Tower root: plugin: running: anonymous

tower-diagnostics-20170202-1358.zip

It appears the csrf errors are occurring when the UD plugin is installed and then whenever the flash drive is imported.  I also see a csrf error related to a dynamix.plg beta or test version.  Check and see if you have a dynamix.plg file in /flash/config/pligins/ and remove it.

Can you boot in the safe mode and install UD and see if the errors occur then?

It appears the csrf errors are occurring when the UD plugin is installed and then whenever the flash drive is imported.  I also see a csrf error related to a dynamix.plg beta or test version.  Check and see if you have a dynamix.plg file in /flash/config/pligins/ and remove it.

Hey thanks for the tip... At work currently, but I can remote into my Home PC in a bit and try both tips out and report back later.  Hey thanks again!!  :)

Hey thanks for the tip... At work currently, but I can remote into my Home PC in a bit and try both tips out and report back later.  Hey thanks again!!  :)

In the meantime, post the /flash/config/plugins/unassigned.devices*.cfg files.  The best I can come up with is there is something about your configuration that is causing a problem.

Another idea that is a little easier.  Remove the UD plugin and then delete the /flash/config/plugins/unassigned.devices folder.  When UD is uninstalled, the configuration files and scripts are left.  Removing these would give you a clean install with no devices configured.

In the meantime, post the /flash/config/plugins/unassigned.devices*.cfg files.  The best I can come up with is there is something about your configuration that is causing a problem.

.cfg file attached

Another idea that is a little easier.  Remove the UD plugin and then delete the /flash/config/plugins/unassigned.devices folder.  When UD is uninstalled, the configuration files and scripts are left.  Removing these would give you a clean install with no devices configured.

I actually tried that thinking the same because I have my Desktop PC VM sitting on an SSD configured with UD, but errors returned anyway after clean install.

unassigned.devices.cfg

I posted on the rc9 post and this is Tom's response:

If it says "wrong" it means the csrf_token is being included but its value is stale.  This would happen, for example, if you had a browser window open and there is some javascript doing some kind of periodic ajax call to the server (like what webGui does to update dashboard), and then the server is rebooted.  If you don't refresh the browser window then the token held in the browser page will not match the newly generated token which is generated as system boot.

Could this be your problem?

• Upvote 1

If it says "wrong" it means the csrf_token is being included but its value is stale.  This would happen, for example, if you had a browser window open and there is some javascript doing some kind of periodic ajax call to the server (like what webGui does to update dashboard), and then the server is rebooted.  If you don't refresh the browser window then the token held in the browser page will not match the newly generated token which is generated as system boot.

Beautiful response from TOM!  This could very well be my issue and let me tell you why I think so..

Since updating to the new rc9 there have been a few serious unrelated issues occurring on my server so I now keep the logging window open at all times to monitor events.  After the updates to UD & PreClear Disks, I rebooted my server, but left my logging window open.  I also launched my IMPI Viewer to monitor reboot routine.  When unRAID OS returned, I mounted disks and refreshed the logging window, once refreshed, log events began popping in including errors.  Since then, I've uninstalled both plugins, rebooted and the like, but errors wont go away.  I use firefox primarily if that matters.

*Update*

Uninstalled UD plugin, booted into safe mode and got the following csrf errors, see 18:02:35.  I also included full syslog from Safe Mode boot

Feb  2 18:02:29 Tower kernel: br0: port 1(eth0) entered blocking state
Feb  2 18:02:29 Tower kernel: br0: port 1(eth0) entered forwarding state
Feb  2 18:02:31 Tower ntpd[1724]: Listen normally on 3 br0 192.168.1.25:123
Feb  2 18:02:31 Tower ntpd[1724]: new interface(s) found: waking up resolver
Feb  2 18:02:35 Tower root: error: webGui/include/ProcessStatus.php: wrong csrf_token
Feb  2 18:02:36 Tower root: error: webGui/include/ProcessStatus.php: wrong csrf_token
Feb  2 18:02:36 Tower emhttp: shcmd (18): rmmod md-mod |& logger
Feb  2 18:02:36 Tower kernel: md: unRAID driver removed
Feb  2 18:02:36 Tower emhttp: shcmd (19): modprobe md-mod super=/boot/config/super.dat |& logger
Feb  2 18:02:36 Tower kernel: md: unRAID driver 2.7.1 installed
Feb  2 18:02:36 Tower emhttp: Pro key detected, GUID: 058F-6387-0000-000079010148 FILE: /boot/config/Pro.key

tower-syslog-20170202-1805.zip

Hi,

Hope you can help. I am replacing an old SSD with a new one to use for my VMs. I unmounted and removed the old drive and added the new one (different make and model). The new SSD shows up but I have no option to format or mount?

Have I missed something simple?  Thanks.

Click the 'Help' button and read.  You should find the answer there.

Beautiful response from TOM!  This could very well be my issue and let me tell you why I think so..

Since updating to the new rc9 there have been a few serious unrelated issues occurring on my server so I now keep the logging window open at all times to monitor events.  After the updates to UD & PreClear Disks, I rebooted my server, but left my logging window open.  I also launched my IMPI Viewer to monitor reboot routine.  When unRAID OS returned, I mounted disks and refreshed the logging window, once refreshed, log events began popping in including errors.  Since then, I've uninstalled both plugins, rebooted and the like, but errors wont go away.  I use firefox primarily if that matters.

*Update*

Uninstalled UD plugin, booted into safe mode and got the following csrf errors, see 18:02:35.  I also included full syslog from Safe Mode boot

Feb  2 18:02:35 Tower root: error: webGui/include/ProcessStatus.php: wrong csrf_token
Feb  2 18:02:36 Tower root: error: webGui/include/ProcessStatus.php: wrong csrf_token
Feb  2 18:02:36 Tower emhttp: shcmd (19): modprobe md-mod super=/boot/config/super.dat |& logger
Feb  2 18:02:36 Tower emhttp: Pro key detected, GUID: 058F-6387-0000-000079010148 FILE: /boot/config/Pro.key

***Bump***

Anymore on this, or am I stuck?

*Update*

***Bump***

Anymore on this, or am I stuck?

If you booted in safe mode, this has to relate to unRAID and not plugins.  I would post this on the rc9 release post along with your diagnostics.

As Tom has said, the wrong csrf_token is from a stale csrf_token that can happen from a web page needing to be refreshed.

This is repeating over and over again on two servers that where updated to 6.3.0 last night. All plugins are current.

Feb  4 01:38:18 rack root: error: plugins/preclear.disk/Preclear.php: missing csrf_token

Feb  4 01:38:19 rack root: error: plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php: missing csrf_token

Feb  4 01:38:25 rack root: error: plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php: missing csrf_token

Feb  4 01:38:29 rack root: error: plugins/preclear.disk/Preclear.php: missing csrf_token

Feb  4 01:38:31 rack root: error: plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php: missing csrf_token

Feb  4 01:38:37 rack root: error: plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php: missing csrf_token

Feb  4 01:38:40 rack root: error: plugins/preclear.disk/Preclear.php: missing csrf_token

Feb  4 01:38:43 rack root: error: plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php: missing csrf_token

Feb  4 01:38:49 rack root: error: plugins/unassigned.devices/UnassignedDevices.php: missing csrf_token

Feb  4 01:38:51 rack root: error: plugins/preclear.disk/Preclear.php: missing csrf_token

Thanks.

Just installed UD after upgrading to unRAID 6.3.0.  I have an SSD on which I have installed my VM and it is running well.  I eventually plan to move my dockers off the cache drive as well and on to  the UD SSD.  I have shared the drive (currently have no security enabled while testing) and it shows up in my Windows 10 clients as a Samba share.  However, every time I try to access it, I get a Windows network credentials prompt to enter credentials for my unRAID server.  I have tried both my unRAID and Windows logons to no avail. I cannot access the contents of the shared UD SSD from Windows clients.

The unRAID shares all show up as Samba shares as well, but, none of them prompt for credentials and I have full access to the contents from the Windows clients.

I have read the 6.3.0 announcement thread and noted there are, apparently, some issues with Samba authentication in 6.3.0; however, unlike others, all  my unRAID shares (public and private) are accessible, it is just the UD shared drive that is causing me issues. Any ideas?  I am sure it is something simple I am overlooking.  I even tried clearing all unRAID credentials in Windows Credential Manager.

Just installed UD after upgrading to unRAID 6.3.0.  I have an SSD on which I have installed my VM and it is running well.  I eventually plan to move my dockers off the cache drive as well and on to  the UD SSD.  I have shared the drive (currently have no security enabled while testing) and it shows up in my Windows 10 clients as a Samba share.  However, every time I try to access it, I get a Windows network credentials prompt to enter credentials for my unRAID server.  I have tried both my unRAID and Windows logons to no avail. I cannot access the contents of the shared UD SSD from Windows clients.

The unRAID shares all show up as Samba shares as well, but, none of them prompt for credentials and I have full access to the contents from the Windows clients.

I have read the 6.3.0 announcement thread and noted there are, apparently, some issues with Samba authentication in 6.3.0; however, unlike others, all  my unRAID shares (public and private) are accessible, it is just the UD shared drive that is causing me issues. Any ideas?  I am sure it is something simple I am overlooking.  I even tried clearing all unRAID credentials in Windows Credential Manager.

Most times cycling the UD security setting fixes it:

Settings -> Unassigned Devices -> Enable SMB Security

Change to Yes, apply, back to No and apply again.

Thanks johnnie.black. I just accessed my server via OpenVPN and toggled security as you suggested. I now have access to UD share without authentication prompt.  I will try local access when I return home, but, that appears to have done the trick.  Thanks again.

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk

Most times cycling the UD security setting fixes it:

Settings -> Unassigned Devices -> Enable SMB Security

Change to Yes, apply, back to No and apply again.

Anyone having this problem please copy and post the UD share file at /etc/samba/unassigned-shares/ so I can try to understand the problem and get it fixed.

I'm having a non-permissions related issue.

When I try to mount a remote SMB share, nothing happens. I put in the path, credentials, and share name. Save it. Click mount. Nothing happens. Check the log and it's empty. Any suggestions on how I might go about troubleshooting something like this?

• trurl pinned this topic