[SOLVED] Which dropbox docker do you use?

d.bech

Rolled my own - see my sig, but haven't really taken the time to document.

Key point about dropbox dockers is that you need to save 3 directories

Dropbox - the synced files

.dropbox - the config (this keeps the link to your account)

.dropbox-dist - the user copy of the app (updates go here, and makes sure you won't have issues with the app version regressing upon startup)

.dropbox-dist - the user copy of the app (updates go here, and makes sure you won't have issues with the app version regressing upon startup)

I'll give yours a whirl then..

Nice little repo you got there mate, you should talk to Squid about getting it on Community Applications....

I use gfjardim's w/o any issues.

Do you have to relink it every time you restart the array?  If not, would you be kind enough to post your config...

I can't say that i've noticed the issue as i only restart the array when installing new unraid versions. I haven't used my dropbox since moving to 6.1.7, so i'll do some testing tonight and see what happens.

This is working great ken-ji.  Thanks very much for sharing....

Mine is working but just installed it for a friend and he is having same issue, what config file do you want me to post?

Thanks johnnie but all sorted now.  Much appreciated anyways.

I'll give yours a whirl then..

Nice little repo you got there mate, you should talk to Squid about getting it on Community Applications....

Lack of time to document and support is one reason I haven't requested to be on the Community Apps.

But I'm considering it.

For anyone interested in using ken-ji's excellent dropbox version, here's how I set it up... (Click the advanced toggle to see all the parameters in the docker setup)

Add the repo

https://github.com/roninkenji/docker-templates/tree/master/roninkenji

HvJ2lZP.jpg

SUAY9hd.jpg

3MhFIrE.jpg

Then check the docker container logs for a link to copy and paste to link your dropbox container.

mOe5Aje.jpg

Thanks again to ken-ji for creating this..  :)

For anyone interested in using ken-ji's excellent dropbox version, here's how I set it up... (Click the advanced toggle to see all the parameters in the docker setup)

Add the repo

https://github.com/roninkenji/docker-templates/tree/master/roninkenji

HvJ2lZP.jpg

SUAY9hd.jpg

3MhFIrE.jpg

Then check the docker container logs for a link to copy and paste to link your dropbox container.

mOe5Aje.jpg

Thanks again to ken-ji for creating this..  :)

What if I wanted to specify a share for it to backup?

What if I wanted to specify a share for it to backup?

You could set up a cron job to rsync from the share to your dropbox folder but then you'd end up with two copies of that data on your array.

The other way is say you wanted to backup a share called backup....

Then map it directly to the dropbox container...

So

/dropbox/Dropbox ===> /mnt/user/backup

CHBMB's got the right idea, but you should remember to be careful if your dropbox already has data, as changing just that mapping will make dropbox think : "oh the files were all changed while I was down" and proceed to nuke your dropbox files  :P

What is probably safer is to:

# create a empty folder in your Dropbox called backup

# then link the share to that, so

/dropbox/Dropbox/backup ==> /mnt/user/backup

This will allow the contents of the folder to sync to dropbox without messing with your existing files, plus you can sync more than one share this way.

CHBMB's got the right idea, but you should remember to be careful if your dropbox already has data, as changing just that mapping will make dropbox think : "oh the files were all changed while I was down" and proceed to nuke your dropbox files  :P

What is probably safer is to:

# create a empty folder in your Dropbox called backup

# then link the share to that, so

/dropbox/Dropbox/backup ==> /mnt/user/backup

This will allow the contents of the folder to sync to dropbox without messing with your existing files, plus you can sync more than one share this way.

Just using symbolic links or is there a better way?

No symbolic links.

In the Volume Mappings of the Dropbox docker,

Add entries for

/dropbox/Dropbox/share1->/mnt/user/share1

/dropbox/Dropbox/share2->/mnt/user/share2

This will the the Share available as a sub folder in your Dropbox

ooooh I gotcha, just set that up. looks like it's going great ^_^ thanks!

I need a second Dropbox docker for my wife but I can't get them work simultaneously.

I have changed the host ports to +1 so there is not overlap there, I used different docker names and folders.

One thing I don't know if it needs to change is the advanced user settings

Environment Vriables:
* DROPBOX_USER: Dropbox user (default: nobody)
* DROPBOX_USERID: Dropbox user id (default: 99)
* DROPBOX_GROUP: Dropbox user group (default: users)
* DROPBOX_GROUPID: Dropbox user group id (default: 100)

Now, both dockers can run on their own, but when I try to start a second one it just fails. Here is a part of syslog after I start the second docker

Feb 2 15:17:48 TOWER php: /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker 'start' 'DropboxTeo'
Feb 2 15:17:48 TOWER kernel: device veth347c843 entered promiscuous mode
Feb 2 15:17:48 TOWER kernel: docker0: port 5(veth347c843) entered forwarding state
Feb 2 15:17:48 TOWER kernel: docker0: port 5(veth347c843) entered forwarding state
Feb 2 15:17:48 TOWER avahi-daemon[13776]: Withdrawing workstation service for veth7b45498.
Feb 2 15:17:48 TOWER kernel: docker0: port 5(veth347c843) entered disabled state
Feb 2 15:17:48 TOWER kernel: eth0: renamed from veth7b45498
Feb 2 15:17:48 TOWER kernel: docker0: port 5(veth347c843) entered disabled state
Feb 2 15:17:48 TOWER kernel: veth7b45498: renamed from eth0
Feb 2 15:17:48 TOWER avahi-daemon[13776]: Withdrawing workstation service for veth7b45498.
Feb 2 15:17:48 TOWER avahi-daemon[13776]: Withdrawing workstation service for veth347c843.
Feb 2 15:17:48 TOWER kernel: device veth347c843 left promiscuous mode

settings

DropboxEfi	roninkenji/dropbox-docker:latest	 up-to-date	17500/tcp  192.168.1.2:17501
17500/udp  192.168.1.2:17501	/dropbox/.dropbox  /mnt/cache/appdata/dropboxefi/config/
/dropbox/.dropbox-dist  /mnt/cache/appdata/dropboxefi/app/
/dropbox/Dropbox  /mnt/cache/DropboxEfi/	OFF

DropboxTeo	roninkenji/dropbox-docker:latest	 up-to-date	17500/tcp  192.168.1.2:17500
17500/udp  192.168.1.2:17500	/dropbox/.dropbox  /mnt/cache/appdata/dropboxteo/config/
/dropbox/.dropbox-dist  /mnt/cache/appdata/dropboxteo/app/
/dropbox/Dropbox  /mnt/cache/DropboxTeo/	OFF

I need a second Dropbox docker for my wife but I can't get them work simultaneously.

I have changed the host ports to +1 so there is not overlap there, I used different docker names and folders.

One thing I don't know if it needs to change is the advanced user settings

Environment Vriables:
* DROPBOX_USER: Dropbox user (default: nobody)
* DROPBOX_USERID: Dropbox user id (default: 99)
* DROPBOX_GROUP: Dropbox user group (default: users)
* DROPBOX_GROUPID: Dropbox user group id (default: 100)

Now, both dockers can run on their own, but when I try to start a second one it just fails. Here is a part of syslog after I start the second docker

Feb 2 15:17:48 TOWER php: /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker 'start' 'DropboxTeo'
Feb 2 15:17:48 TOWER kernel: device veth347c843 entered promiscuous mode
Feb 2 15:17:48 TOWER kernel: eth0: renamed from veth7b45498
Feb 2 15:17:48 TOWER kernel: veth7b45498: renamed from eth0
Feb 2 15:17:48 TOWER avahi-daemon[13776]: Withdrawing workstation service for veth347c843.
Feb 2 15:17:48 TOWER kernel: device veth347c843 left promiscuous mode

settings

DropboxEfi	roninkenji/dropbox-docker:latest	 up-to-date	17500/tcp  192.168.1.2:17501
17500/udp  192.168.1.2:17501	/dropbox/.dropbox  /mnt/cache/appdata/dropboxefi/config/
/dropbox/.dropbox-dist  /mnt/cache/appdata/dropboxefi/app/
/dropbox/Dropbox  /mnt/cache/DropboxEfi/	OFF

DropboxTeo	roninkenji/dropbox-docker:latest	 up-to-date	17500/tcp  192.168.1.2:17500
17500/udp  192.168.1.2:17500	/dropbox/.dropbox  /mnt/cache/appdata/dropboxteo/config/
/dropbox/.dropbox-dist  /mnt/cache/appdata/dropboxteo/app/
/dropbox/Dropbox  /mnt/cache/DropboxTeo/	OFF

Probably best to creat a new post for this. Doesn't seem related to the initial question here