[Plugin] unbalanced

1 minute ago, jbrodriguez said:

cool, could you open the console (View > Devloper > Javascript Console). to check for any errors ?

Sorry I should have mentioned I did that right away. 

No errors when connected local ip:port. When connected via reverse proxy there's an error loading site.manifest. Not related though as the problem is present either way. 

i tested on my server and it works

is it possible that you're giving it too much data and it doesn't show a target disk because there's no available target disk to hold those 2 shares ? (i don't remember i tried that case, but not showing any disk makes sense)

if you try selecting a subset of either share, does it work ?

37 minutes ago, jbrodriguez said:

is it possible that you're giving it too much data and it doesn't show a target disk because there's no available target disk to hold those 2 shares ? (i don't remember i tried that case, but not showing any disk makes sense)

You're correct! That's not super intuitive, perhaps it should show a message about that when this is the case.

But, I had also expected it to work like Scatter, and just grab as much of those folders as possible to move even if it couldn't do all of them. I'm trying to balance out the free space on my disks, and I assumed Gather would take whatever it could from disks 2 - 8 to move to disk 1 until they all have 1.5 TB free space (I set that as the limit in the settings), instead of picking and choosing which parts to move.

14 hours ago, Renegade605 said:

You're correct! That's not super intuitive, perhaps it should show a message about that when this is the case.

yes, it should show a message :)

14 hours ago, Renegade605 said:

But, I had also expected it to work like Scatter, and just grab as much of those folders as possible to move even if it couldn't do all of them.

not sure about this one, the idea of gather is to collect all of a given folder

maybe a different algorithm could be applied, i've been thinking about this, a user could "plug" different algorithms to perform transfers, however it's just in the ideas stage :) 

It's been a while since I've used this plugin -- I was curious if it's still required or recommended that all dockers be shutoff while running a scatter operation to clear a drive?  I'm particularly interested in keeping Plex running while it performs a multi-day scatter (with Mover disabled).  

Is this likely to cause serious problems or just potentially not completely scatter (thus requiring me to perform a much smaller scatter after the large primary scatter)?

Thanks

10 hours ago, andCoffee said:

I'm particularly interested in keeping Plex running while it performs a multi-day scatter (with Mover disabled).  

the trade off that you need to evaluate are

- if a docker/plugin/vm/process is writing data to the same disk that unbalanced is writing to, there's a contention for disk allocations, it may (or may not) cause one or both of them to fail, depending on free space

- reading and writing from/to the same disk will cause transfers to slow down

you know your context the best, so you can make an informed decision

if plex is only reading from disk1 and you're transferring between disks 2 and 4, then you should be fine (there might be some additional i/o bottlenecks on the controller, but that's too advanced for me to figure out :)

Hi - I am using unbalanced to scatter one of the disks that is getting too full. Everything seems to work but it leaves the folders behind on the original disk (Using move). Pretty sure from memory when I was using the old plugin it didn't do this.

How do I get it to move the folder as well as the files within going forward and what is the easy way to delete the 10 or so folders left behind on the old disk?

Thanks!

3 minutes ago, Starfox said:

what is the easy way to delete the 10 or so folders left behind on the old disk

hi, can you check in the history tab if there are some yellow marked commands for that operation ? they should have a rmsrc button that you can use to delete the source folder, just make sure that your target folder is ok.

this happens because rsync flagged the command with some error (generally timestamps, permission or possibly i/o errors)

46 minutes ago, Starfox said:

leaves the folders behind on the original disk (Using move)

This is normal behaviour of the plugin. You have to do a 2nd run with the same parameters to get rid of the empty folders.

I guess, he does the move recursively, but when the tree is finished, he forgets to "move" the toplevel folder.

Annoying, but harmless...

1 hour ago, jbrodriguez said:

hi, can you check in the history tab if there are some yellow marked commands for that operation ? they should have a rmsrc button that you can use to delete the source folder, just make sure that your target folder is ok.

this happens because rsync flagged the command with some error (generally timestamps, permission or possibly i/o errors)

Thanks - no yellow marked command for the operation no (And hence I can't see any button to delete the folders).

23 minutes ago, MAM59 said:

This is normal behaviour of the plugin. You have to do a 2nd run with the same parameters to get rid of the empty folders.

I guess, he does the move recursively, but when the tree is finished, he forgets to "move" the toplevel folder.

Annoying, but harmless...

Tried to do the second run (Is that really the workflow here?). Unbalanced got stuck in plan mode. Refreshed and tried again. Would only allow me to do one folder at a time (Kept saying destination was full which given it was just an empty folder obvious was not the case). Got there in the end. Thanks

Hello, on the "source disk" side in scatter, it doesn't show the correct free space anymore. It's been a week now, I checked it every other day, refreshed a lot, but it still shows the incorrect available space. Either that or the unraid shows the incorrect free space.

Is there anything I can do to fix that?

On 3/9/2024 at 6:34 AM, wulperdinger said:

Hello, on the "source disk" side in scatter, it doesn't show the correct free space anymore. It's been a week now, I checked it every other day, refreshed a lot, but it still shows the incorrect available space. Either that or the unraid shows the incorrect free space.

Is there anything I can do to fix that?

can you post a screenshot of the issue ?