[Support] Linuxserver.io - Unifi

2 hours ago, smdion said:

Wouldn't it be the kernel of the OS in the container?

There are no kernel in the image as far as I know. It's using the hosts kernel. A simple uname -r inside the container should show if I'm right or wrong :)

• 2 weeks later...

Heads up to LS.io

Ubiquiti have released stable 5.5.19 which will hit the repos on the 7th (Friday).

this thread: https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UniFi-Routing-Switching/UniFi-5-5-19-Stable-has-been-released/m-p/1980969

mentions:

"This will be pushed to the repo and download site on the 07.10.17. If you update via the repo now you will receive 5.5.11, which will not allow you to upgrade from 5.4.18. You MUST either download the .deb file manually and install it manually, or wait until around noon (EDT) on 07.10.17 to use the repo (to upgrade to 5.5.19)."

Can you guys make sure you don't accidentally pull down 5.5.11 please as I think the current docker is 5.4.18

22 hours ago, dalben said:

Heads up to LS.io

Ubiquiti have released stable 5.5.19 which will hit the repos on the 7th (Friday).

this thread: https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UniFi-Routing-Switching/UniFi-5-5-19-Stable-has-been-released/m-p/1980969

mentions:

"This will be pushed to the repo and download site on the 07.10.17. If you update via the repo now you will receive 5.5.11, which will not allow you to upgrade from 5.4.18. You MUST either download the .deb file manually and install it manually, or wait until around noon (EDT) on 07.10.17 to use the repo (to upgrade to 5.5.19)."

Can you guys make sure you don't accidentally pull down 5.5.11 please as I think the current docker is 5.4.18

Note that Ubiquiti has stated 5.5.19 will hit the repo on the 10th (Monday), not the 7th (Friday).  I believe this docker updates from the repo every Friday, so there's potentially a week starting tomorrow where what you've stated might be true.  I've disabled auto-update on my Unifi docker for now just to be sure I don't get 5.5.11.

4 minutes ago, dalben said:

I can't see where it says it will be the 10th.  Only Noon on the 7th.  Do you have a link ?

It's in the comments on the forum, but you can see it a couple times in the text you posted.  07.10.17 is July 10th, 2017.  Presumably you've been tripped up by our backwards American date format.

1 hour ago, Gizmotoy said:

It's in the comments on the forum, but you can see it a couple times in the text you posted.  07.10.17 is July 10th, 2017.  Presumably you've been tripped up by our backwards American date format.

Yep, you are right. Thanks.

I got confused by that weird way the US writes their dates.  I'll switch off auto-update as well I think.

6 hours ago, dalben said:

Yep, you are right. Thanks.

I got confused by that weird way the US writes their dates.  I'll switch off auto-update as well I think.

The update will get applied to our container once it hits the stable repo/branch as that's what our container points to.

Hi,

I managed to get the Docker working by changing the address to my cache drive and can add AP by SSH and running the set-inform command but how do you add an Ubiquiti router?

I just want to make sure I don't screw anything and lose my settings.

(UniFi Security Gateway 3P)

Thanks,

Adam

EDIT: Never mind, same method works fine

Edited by AngelEyes

Looks like 5.5 isn't actually happening for us tomorrow.  According to Ubiquiti, there is no planned date to change the repo's "stable" stream to point to 5.5.19.  They're recommending people use the testing stream for the latest stable release for the time being.  "stable" will continue to point to 5.4.18 for now as it is the LTS release.

https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UniFi-Wireless/UniFi-5-5-19-Stable-has-been-released/m-p/1989073#M237547

5.5 will eventually make it to the "stable" stream, but they have no timing estimate.

Any chance we could eventually select the repo stream we'd like to use within the docker?

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Gizmotoy said:

Looks like 5.5 isn't actually happening for us tomorrow.  According to Ubiquiti, there is no planned date to change the repo's "stable" stream to point to 5.5.19.  They're recommending people use the testing stream for the latest stable release for the time being.  "stable" will continue to point to 5.4.18 for now as it is the LTS release.

https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UniFi-Wireless/UniFi-5-5-19-Stable-has-been-released/m-p/1989073#M237547

5.5 will eventually make it to the "stable" stream, but they have no timing estimate.

Any chance we could eventually select the repo stream we'd like to use within the docker?

Personally i'd be concerned as to why they're not putting 5.5x into stable and keeping it in the testing repo, my default reaction would be to say it isn't ready.

4 hours ago, yippy3000 said:

NOOOO, I really wanted it so that I could finally use the VPN with my iPhone.

I switched to brettm357 docker a while back until this has as 5.5. Imported my backup and get VPN working in now time. It will be easy to switch back when you wanted to. Happy I don't have to run a docker just for VPN access now.

5 hours ago, mgworek said:

I switched to brettm357 docker a while back until this has as 5.5. Imported my backup and get VPN working in now time. It will be easy to switch back when you wanted to. Happy I don't have to run a docker just for VPN access now.

Again though i'd still have to say that 5.5x wouldn't seem to be release ready if unifi themselves don't see fit to put it in their stable repo.

5 hours ago, sparklyballs said:

Again though i'd still have to say that 5.5x wouldn't seem to be release ready if unifi themselves don't see fit to put it in their stable repo.

Reasonable thought, but it sounds like it has to do with how they're handling long-term support builds in the future.  Ubiquiti employees are in the forums reiterating that 5.5.19 is a stable fully-supported release, and is tagged as such.  If you download from their website right now, you get 5.5.19.  They're suggesting users change from using the "stable" repo stream to the "unifi-5.5" stream.

According to the Ubiquiti employees on the forum, when 5.6 betas go out to the main "testing" stream there will be a LTS 5.5 release and that's when 5.5 will make it into the "stable" stream.  It sounds to me like they should have changed the name of the "stable" repo to LTS.  Could be a long wait or a short one, they've made no estimates on timing of the remaining steps.  

They do have a process for staggering releases, but that process is now complete with 5.5.19 being added to the repo.  As far as they're concerned, 5.5 is stable and released.

If it's anything like past versions, 5.4 will continue to be supported and have new builds with bug fixes in the future as well.  Separate stable streams are maintained.  That's one reason why it would be nice to be able to choose the build source.

Edited by Gizmotoy
2 hours ago, Gizmotoy said:

Reasonable thought, but it sounds like it has to do with how they're handling long-term support builds in the future.  Ubiquiti employees are in the forums reiterating that 5.5.19 is a stable fully-supported release, and is tagged as such.  If you download from their website right now, you get 5.5.19.  They're suggesting users change from using the "stable" repo stream to the "unifi-5.5" stream.

According to the Ubiquiti employees on the forum, when 5.6 betas go out to the main "testing" stream there will be a LTS 5.5 release and that's when 5.5 will make it into the "stable" stream.  It sounds to me like they should have changed the name of the "stable" repo to LTS.  Could be a long wait or a short one, they've made no estimates on timing of the remaining steps.  

They do have a process for staggering releases, but that process is now complete with 5.5.19 being added to the repo.  As far as they're concerned, 5.5 is stable and released.

If it's anything like past versions, 5.4 will continue to be supported and have new builds with bug fixes in the future as well.  Separate stable streams are maintained.  That's one reason why it would be nice to be able to choose the build source.

they're really starting to lose some of their lustre lately, they've changed the repo structure 3 times in the lifetime of this image and recently again recommending people to switch to "stable" (laughable when you consider they're now advocating a new one to get the latest actual "stable build")

it's silly nonsense like this that will knock user confidence 

5 hours ago, Gizmotoy said:

Switched to installing the package from the .deb file at a fixed point, that being 5.5.19 currently rather than keep doing the repo dance every few weeks it seems with unifi.

long story short, the new build just pushed at the time of writing is now 5.5.19

8 hours ago, sparklyballs said:

they're really starting to lose some of their lustre lately, they've changed the repo structure 3 times in the lifetime of this image and recently again recommending people to switch to "stable" (laughable when you consider they're now advocating a new one to get the latest actual "stable build")

it's silly nonsense like this that will knock user confidence 

It's confusing as a user, too.  Why is the latest stable build not the top of the "stable" repo?  Having an LTS release makes perfect sense, and is common with Linux distros and seems to work well there.  But why mix that up with your repo naming?

Barring that, why not just commit to an expected date for transitioning the "stable" repo from 5.4 to 5.5?

Rearlly strange.  I do kind of regret purchasing my Ubiquiti gear.  At least the hardware is solid.

In host mode I get "This site could not be reached, 192.168.0.5 refused to connect"

Turned off the sab docker, unifi worked fine.  Provisioned my devices, turn it back to "bridge" mode.  Connected to the controller just fine.  Turned sab docker back on, now the controller can't see the unifi devices.

Edited by tucansam

Why not leave the ports on ubiquiti as default and change sabnzbd.

Just because you change the port on the docker doesn't mean it will work.

How are you going to tell the AP to access this over a different port?

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

• trurl locked this topic