Speedtest.net for unRAID 6.1+

dmacias

I have a dual Wan connection with a Router set to load balance, I also have my speedtest plugin set to run a speedtest every hour. When looking at the history there is no indication which wan the speedtest is completed on. Is this something that can be added?

Yes it's possible. I could add it as a setting. I'm not sure everyone would want a column showing their wan ip.

Until then you could add a cron job for every hour to execute this command and your wan ip would be logged.

wget -qO- myip.dnsomatic.com | logger -tspeedtest

Sorry to say this is happening again...

plugin: updating: speedtest.plg

+==============================================================================

| Skipping package tablesorter-2.27.6-x86_64-1 (already installed)

plugin: skipping: python-2.7.12-x86_64-1.txz - unRAID version too low, requires at least version 6.2

plugin: downloading: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dmacias72/unRAID-plugins/master/packages/6.2/python-2.7.9-x86_64-1.txz ... failed (Invalid URL / Server error response)

plugin: wget: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dmacias72/unRAID-plugins/master/packages/6.2/python-2.7.9-x86_64-1.txz download failure (Invalid URL / Server error response)

Just tried to go from 2016.10.09a to the current 2016.10.28

So then I deleted and tried a fresh install....Same thing...

plugin: installing: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dmacias72/unRAID-plugins/master/plugins/speedtest.plg

plugin: downloading https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dmacias72/unRAID-plugins/master/plugins/speedtest.plg

plugin: downloading: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dmacias72/unRAID-plugins/master/plugins/speedtest.plg ... done

plugin: skipping: python-2.7.12-x86_64-1.txz - unRAID version too low, requires at least version 6.2

plugin: downloading: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dmacias72/unRAID-plugins/master/packages/6.2/python-2.7.9-x86_64-1.txz ... failed (Invalid URL / Server error response)

plugin: wget: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dmacias72/unRAID-plugins/master/packages/6.2/python-2.7.9-x86_64-1.txz download failure (Invalid URL / Server error response)

Sorry to say this is happening again...

plugin: updating: speedtest.plg

Just tried to go from 2016.10.09a to the current 2016.10.28

So then I deleted and tried a fresh install....Same thing...

plugin: installing: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dmacias72/unRAID-plugins/master/plugins/speedtest.plg

plugin: downloading https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dmacias72/unRAID-plugins/master/plugins/speedtest.plg

plugin: downloading: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dmacias72/unRAID-plugins/master/plugins/speedtest.plg ... done

Should be fixed now.

• 1 month later...

Getting MUCH lower speed test results through this plugin than through speedtest.net through my browser. Can someone please help me fix it?

You need to provide more details.  Like what speeds your expecting and what you're getting. Your network setup. What you've tried.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Sorry.

Gigabit internet connection, router to single server nic. Test yielding about 200mbps both ways. Tried upping the last 4 upsizes in the array in the .Py and that got my up from around 50mbps to where it is now.

Downloading I'm getting gigabit speed through NZBget and uploading thru wan FTP has given me gigabit speeds before as well.

This speed test issue has always been present and I just now got around to asking.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Sorry.

Gigabit internet connection, router to single server nic. Test yielding about 200mbps both ways. Tried upping the last 4 upsizes in the array in the .Py and that got my up from around 50mbps to where it is now.

Downloading I'm getting gigabit speed through NZBget and uploading thru wan FTP has given me gigabit speeds before as well.

This speed test issue has always been present and I just now got around to asking.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

None of the scripts included work with gigabit speeds.  I was working on incorporating the included speedtest-linux into the plugin but the latest versions have problems with regular speeds. You could try running speedtest-linux from the command line.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Is there a way to export the tabled data? I'm having issues with my connection and my host wants a little proof of my findings. Basically they are saying there is no way that my 25Mb connection is dipping down into the 3Mb connection range. When I have logged proof of it of course.

Is there a way to export the tabled data? I'm having issues with my connection and my host wants a little proof of my findings. Basically they are saying there is no way that my 25Mb connection is dipping down into the 3Mb connection range. When I have logged proof of it of course.

It's on your flash drive in /config/plugins/speedtest/speedtest.xml

Not sure When but am running 6.3.0-rc6 and the plugin is no longer displaying result image data - just get the background graphic when clicking on a link in the list....

Myk

I'm on rc6 also. Only thing I noticed is I get a few 0 uploads which results in a blank image. Is there any missing data our 0 value data? Is the link a valid link? Did you run a manual test?

Not sure When but am running 6.3.0-rc6 and the plugin is no longer displaying result image data - just get the background graphic when clicking on a link in the list....

Myk

I'm on rc6 also. Only thing I noticed is I get a few 0 uploads which results in a blank image. Is there any missing data our 0 value data? Is the link a valid link? Did you run a manual test?

yes it was a manual test, just ran another manual and I am getting 0 on upload - download is ok, but no images - snip attached

Thanks

Myk

Capture.PNG.3e47a2b365088bd1cf26ada8e1a635ec.PNG

SO I've been testing speed on 2 of my servers for a couple months, results in the beginning were right where I would expect them. Since november though, there seems to be an issue. I have 150u/150d package & on other wired computers in the house I consistently get results I would expect. On my unpaid servers I get substantially less. Looking at the dates, I can't find any correlation between the dates results changed & any subtantial updates to unpaid, or plugins, so I can't seem to figure out what would be causing these results!!

Any Idea's? Has anyone else been tracking thats noticed anything similar?

Screen_Shot_2017-01-07_at_7_39.59_AM.png.b338f9e7a32e830b04bd8cfbb5dbe4e6.png

SO I've been testing speed on 2 of my servers for a couple months, results in the beginning were right where I would expect them. Since november though, there seems to be an issue. I have 150u/150d package & on other wired computers in the house I consistently get results I would expect. On my unpaid servers I get substantially less. Looking at the dates, I can't find any correlation between the dates results changed & any subtantial updates to unpaid, or plugins, so I can't seem to figure out what would be causing these results!!

I updated the scripts. I added support for a different script also. The v1.0.2c is a completely different script. It doesn't give the speedtest image results though. 

Run some manual tests with the different versions and see if there's a difference.

Did you upgrade unRAID at all? There was some network problems on previous versions. Also it might indicate a problem with your server's connection or load conditions.

Thanks for this great plugin dmacias!

I'm now wondering how I can publish the results to my apache web server.......Any ideas? I don't really have a clue myself.

What exactly were you looking for? The table or charts?

The table is good enough.  Or even just the images from speed test would work but I would prefer the table.

Sent using Tapatalk

I'm now wondering how I can publish the results to my apache web server.......Any ideas? I don't really have a clue myself.

The table is good enough.  Or even just the images from speed test would work but I would prefer the table.

Sent using Tapatalk

I should be able to easily edit the results SpeedtestHistory.page into a separate php file that can be run under apache. It would just needed access to the speedtest.xml file from the flash drive.

Sent using Tapatalk

I should be able to easily edit the results SpeedtestHistory.page into a separate php file that can be run under apache. It would just needed access to the speedtest.xml file from the flash drive.

That would be terrific!

I updated the scripts. I added support for a different script also. The v1.0.2c is a completely different script. It doesn't give the speedtest image results though. 

Run some manual tests with the different versions and see if there's a difference.

Did you upgrade unRAID at all? There was some network problems on previous versions. Also it might indicate a problem with your server's connection or load conditions.

Seem to have another issue with 1.02c, I would be expection 150up/down....

I am 6.3.0-rc6 and I do see the speeds I would expect when i look at my transmission downloads

Screen_Shot_2017-01-11_at_3_46.57_PM.png.262c9109ecef125c64e5b44c8d729270.png

Seem to have another issue with 1.02c, I would be expection 150up/down....

I am 6.3.0-rc6 and I do see the speeds I would expect when i look at my transmission downloads

Yeah that's zpeters' script. I sometimes get upload spikes of 300Mbps but my connection is about 120 down and 6 up. I have reported speed issues on his github also because any version after 1.02c I get half speed.

Did you try the 1.0.1 version? 1.0.1 and below are sivel's script? It's the most consistent for me. The latest commit had pre commit upload data to reduce effects on timing.

i did try 1.0.1, but my results are worse!! at least with 1.0.2c when i wasn't getting the spike's I was seeing what i expected

1.0.1 results:

5959608434.png

5959604060.png

5959606008.png

It sucks the 1.0.2c has those upload spikes though. It really skews the graph with a 1500Mbps upload. Looking at your original history graph the Oct drop in data speeds happen right after the release of 6.3 rc2. Do you know if you were on 6.3 then? The only other thing I can think of is the original scripts are reliant on python. So do you have and other plugin that might overwrite the version of python include with this plugin. The 1.0.2c doesn't require python.