[Support] Linuxserver.io - SickRage

If you used the mirror described above, here's how to get back on the main repo (git commands as described by the team in the News section of SickRage:)

docker exec -it sickrage /bin/bash
cd /app/sickrage
git remote set-url origin https://github.com/SickRage/SickRage.git
git fetch origin
git checkout master
git branch -u origin/master
git reset --hard origin/master
git pull

My unraid machine downloads files snatched with sickrage. The file is put in a handbrake watch folder and encoded to x265. Handbrake puts the encoded file in the folder sickrage post processes from. Problem is it moves my files before they are done encoding. 

Is there a setting in sickrage like “minutes file must remain same size before processing”? I know you can set it to delay if sync files are present but handbrake does not put sync files in that folder. Any suggestions, or work around?

29 minutes ago, strike said:

The only thing I can think of is putting the handbrake files in a temp folder, using the user script plugin and create a cron job to move the files to the SR PP folder once a day or something like that, when you know the encoding is finished. 

Yeah, I'd agree, unless Handbrake has a parameter so you can copy a file once it's complete?  I don't use it, but that would be ideal.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm running delugevpn in another docker and I'd like to point this sickrage docker to use the proxy. Is that possible? I'm obviously not a networking expert and didn't see a config setting.

Thanks!

Update: I see that this is not configured at the docker level but inside the sickrage webui setting. On General/Advanced there's a place for the proxy URL. Turns out my Privoxy on the delugevpn isn't working. Traffic is blocked or something for some reason. When I try to use the proxy from a browser on the same network, I have no internet connection, so it's a totally different problem and this isn't the place to ask.

Edited by nowhere
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm trying to migrate my SR install from a CentOS7 VM to this docker container. I got the basic container setup and working, but there are a couple tools (mkvpropedit, part of mkvtoolnix, and the rename cmd, which doesn't seem to be part of Alpine by default) that I use in my post-processing script that I'd like to have in the container so it continues to work. I realize you won't add these just for me, so by googling and fiddling I've figured out so far I can "docker exec -it sickrage /bin/bash" into the container's shell and manually install them with these commands:

apk add mkvtoolnix --update-cache --repository http://dl-cdn.alpinelinux.org/alpine/edge/community/ --allow-untrusted

apk add util-linux --update-cache --repository http://dl-cdn.alpinelinux.org/alpine/edge/community/ --allow-untrusted

I tested and they seemed to survive a container stop/start, but I'm pretty positive they'll get lost as soon as I update the container, right? Given that, I'm trying to figure out a way to re-run those commands each time the container starts such that they will get installed if they are missing, like after a container update happens.

I figure I can put them in a script file and then put that file inside the appdata directory so that it is accessible from inside the container and persists between updates and reinstalls, but then how to run that on start/boot of the container? After some more googling around I found you can add a command to run in the container at the end of the docker run command, and in unRAID you can hack that in by adding it to the end of the Repository parameter. But the caveat is that breaks updating then correct?

https://forums.lime-technology.com/topic/39604-run-script-when-docker-starts/

At the end of the same thread above there is talk of using "docker run..." and that even seems to persist without breaking anything, but not entirely sure how that works and what it means vs. the normal "docker create...", so not sure I'm ready to dive into that yet without more research or explanation.

Edited by deusxanime
embedding was fubar, so switched to normal link instead for referenced thread

So it hit me to just add a check for those programs using "which XYZ" as part of the post-processing script and if not found to do the apk command to download/install them during that time. Much easier!

edit: I lied, this doesn't work since the post-processing script doesn't run as root, it can't install anything. Back to manually installing the programs after each time I restart and/or update the docker container.

Edited by deusxanime
updates
On 27/08/2017 at 2:45 AM, nowhere said:

I'm running delugevpn in another docker and I'd like to point this sickrage docker to use the proxy. Is that possible? I'm obviously not a networking expert and didn't see a config setting.

Thanks!

Update: I see that this is not configured at the docker level but inside the sickrage webui setting. On General/Advanced there's a place for the proxy URL. Turns out my Privoxy on the delugevpn isn't working. Traffic is blocked or something for some reason. When I try to use the proxy from a browser on the same network, I have no internet connection, so it's a totally different problem and this isn't the place to ask.

Have a watch of this, basically you will need to enable Privoxy in DelugeVPN config first, then add the proxy details from the DelugeVPN docker to SR

• 2 months later...

Is anyone else having issues with the Delete RAR contents post processing option? It leaves the unpacked file in the unpack directory after the copy instead of deleting it.

Seems it was a bug as per: https://github.com/SickRage/SickRage/issues/3361

Anyone else having the issue?

Delete RAR contents
delete content of RAR files, even if Process Method not set to move?
note: only working with RAR archive
Edited by DoboY
  • 2 months later...

I was using Phaze Sickrage plugin, and I switched to the official docker after I started using the my unraid server again.  Upon installing the docker, everything seems to work fine, but when I try to add a show via "Add New Show" or "Add Existing Shows", when I hit Search, it never continues and just says "searching xx show on all indexers in English".  If I add show from IMDB popular list, that does work.  Please help, as I have a lot of existing shows I'd like to catch up on.  Please see attached screen shot.

sickrage.png

• 3 weeks later...

Noticing a bunch of these node.js errors since the last update. Did something get missed in latest build?

2018-03-06 00:36:15 FINDPROPERS :: [Torrent9] :: [6e3a1dc] Request failed: Missing Node.js runtime. Node is required. Please read the cfscrape README's Dependencies section: https://github.com/Anorov/cloudflare-scrape#dependencies.
2018-03-05 12:03:40 SEARCHQUEUE-BACKLOG-80379 :: [Torrent9] :: [6e3a1dc] Request failed: Missing Node.js runtime. Node is required. Please read the cfscrape README's Dependencies section: https://github.com/Anorov/cloudflare-scrape#dependencies.

edit: Looks like maybe a new dependency recently introduced? Can it be added to the container?

Edited by deusxanime
  • 2 weeks later...

As far as my previous post, I'm manually installing nodejs every time I restart the docker (along with a couple other things I'm already installing for my post-processing script), so I've at least gotten around that until it is included in the container. FYI, in case anyone is wondering how to do that:

/sbin/apk add nodejs --update-cache --repository http://dl-cdn.alpinelinux.org/alpine/edge/community/ --allow-untrusted

I have another question though as well... Lately my SR always has "There is a newer version available (you're NNNNN commits behind) — Update Now" at the top. Even after a new container update comes out, it seems we are still behind. Should the container include those updates when it gets updated? Can or should I manually update SR using the "Update Now" link? Will that break the container if I do so? I also assume any time the container gets updated, it will reset that again and I'd have to update SR manually again?

It just seems like this container is getting further behind and I'm starting to wonder if I should switch to a new one. I don't think I've seen a dev answer any posts on here in months. Being this is linuxserver.io, I usually assume that it is pretty well supported and frequently updated, but I wonder if that is still the case? I still see updates to the container itself so I assume not, but the lack of posts on here and unresolved issues is making me start to wonder.

As far as my previous post, I'm manually installing nodejs every time I restart the docker (along with a couple other things I'm already installing for my post-processing script), so I've at least gotten around that until it is included in the container. FYI, in case anyone is wondering how to do that:
/sbin/apk add nodejs --update-cache --repository http://dl-cdn.alpinelinux.org/alpine/edge/community/ --allow-untrusted

I have another question though as well... Lately my SR always has "There is a newer version available (you're NNNNN commits behind) — Update Now" at the top. Even after a new container update comes out, it seems we are still behind. Should the container include those updates when it gets updated? Can or should I manually update SR using the "Update Now" link? Will that break the container if I do so? I also assume any time the container gets updated, it will reset that again and I'd have to update SR manually again?

It just seems like this container is getting further behind and I'm starting to wonder if I should switch to a new one. I don't think I've seen a dev answer any posts on here in months. Being this is linuxserver.io, I usually assume that it is pretty well supported and frequently updated, but I wonder if that is still the case? I still see updates to the container itself so I assume not, but the lack of posts on here and unresolved issues is making me start to wonder.

We'll look into it.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, deusxanime said:

Thanks for getting back and letting me know someone is out there listening! =)  Let us know what you find.

OK, so as regard the "getting behind" bit, we build from master at ~23:00 UTC on Friday evenings.  Fresh pull of the container today shows we're on version 2013-03-12-1 which is 8 days old, so it's up to date regardless of the message regarding number of commits since release.

Going to look a bit more at this node.js issue, as not certain yet if it's a new dependency or whether there's some bug that has inadvertently led to the requirement for it.  Doesn't seem anyone from the SR team have actually commented on the issue yet, which leads to a little uncertainty.

15 hours ago, deusxanime said:

given that the total number of commits since the repo began is only10618 i'd say the "you are 10000 commits behind " is utter nonsense

as @CHBMB has already stated our images are rebuilt every friday and there has been a release since then so we are 1 (with no zereos) behind so we are not "getting further behind" by any stretch of the imagination

and as for us not getting back to you etc there are a bajiliion threads in this forum and the way that newly replied to threads get pushed to the top it's easy for us to miss something

Edited by sparklyballs

@CHBMB @sparklyballs As I said I just wanted to rattle the cage a bit to make sure this was still being worked on, as posts going back nearly 6 months (including a couple of my own from back then) never really got answered or even responded to. I realize you are busy but I don't think it hurts just to verify that someone is still there, especially when there are bugs/issues.

I do get the updates weekly still, so I assumed something was going on, but for all I know that could have just been automated pulls and wasn't sure if there were actively people looking at it or not.

As for the "you are NNNNN commits behind" and nodejs issues, luckily they seem to be mostly cosmetic and not breaking anything major, but still they have been around quite a while, across multiple updates, so I just wanted to be sure someone was aware and hopefully eventually fixing them as they do get to be a nuisance.

Thanks guys!

I saw there was an update to the container and, looking at the notes, it appears you now included node/nodejs. I've taken the manual install out of my post-start install-apps-script and I'll report back if I continue to get any errors still related to that, but I'm guessing I won't. Thanks!

Also, it is now saying that I'm only "3 commits behind" rather than over ten thousand, which seems more reasonable. =)

Newbie question as I am new to Sickrage.

I have set up some shows and a few of them say "Snatched" but they don't appear to be downloaded.  How does Sickrage download shows on unRAID?  Does it have a built in torrent client?  Do you have to do something to configure that?  I have rutorrent running on my unRAID server and it works fine but I don't know what do to to get downloads working in Sickrage.

I have set up some shows and a few of them say "Snatched" but they don't appear to be downloaded.  How does Sickrage download shows on unRAID?  Does it have a built in torrent client?  Do you have to do something to configure that?  I have rutorrent running on my unRAID server and it works fine but I don't know what do to to get downloads working in Sickrage.
Sickrage on any platform doesn't download anything. It tells another app (nzbget, deluge etc) to do the actual down load. All those apps are available in the apps tab
21 hours ago, Squid said:
22 hours ago, wayner said:

Sickrage on any platform doesn't download anything. It tells another app (nzbget, deluge etc) to do the actual down load. All those apps are available in the apps tab

Ok thanks - I use the linuxserver rutorrent docker.  Is there a doc that describes how to configure that download method.

37 minutes ago, wayner said:

Ok, it is now downloading the .torrent files to my /appdata/sickrage folder.

However sickrage is complaining that it is 14 commits behind and I just upgraded the docker about a day ago.  Is this usual?

Given that there's over 10,000 commits, being 14 behind isn't really significant.  Container gets rebuilt every week so most you'll ever be is a week behind.  And yeah there's been 14 commits since Friday night when it was last updated.

https://github.com/SickRage/SickRage/commits/master