[SOLVED] AirSonos

Kryspy

AirSonos is a service that runs and adds a SONOS as a AirPlay receiver.  Easy enough to run but appears to require a port range forwarding of 5000-5050 over TCP.

DockerHub: https://hub.docker.com/r/justintime/airsonos/

*** Actually working fine now from my iMac. From iOS is a no go but at least it works.  Set it as your output device in preferences and load up iTunes. ***

Kryspy

Screen_Shot_2015-09-29_at_6_54.42_PM.png.0fc1b0e50fe6b1ab0a7aa3d2c5a403f4.png

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

Is there any chance you will be adding this to one of the unraid repos that are used for the community applications plugin?

Yes, please do consider making it available as an uraid app! I installed it, but doubt it was done correctly and thusly isn't doing anything...

I think Sonos is getting plenty popular, and with outstanding gaps in Podcasts, etc., I think this would be pretty valuable to the community.

Untitled.png.05e24381217877b81835e9740a835d09.png

I think there's some misunderstanding about what constitutes an "Unraid Docker" 

They are exactly the same as any other docker available except someone has filled in a template to use it via the Unraid webui.

For straightforward docker containers it's generally not too difficult and there's no need to rely on someone else to do so, have a look at the Docker FAQ and you'll probably be able to figure it out, that way you're not beholden to others to do so for you.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks, your post did prompt me to learn much more about dockers and how unraid uses them. I'm a very new unraid/docker user so this was good.

After trying to setup a variety of airsonos dockers from hub.docker.com (via the community plugin) - I didn't have any success and give up.

My request:  if someone is currently running airsonos - share the docker repo you are using please!

• 11 months later...