dlandon

Recycle Bin (vfs recycle) for 6.3 and later versions

Just now, dee31797 said:

running 6.4.0-rc9f

I'm running that version also and don't have any problems.

Do you mind posting diagnostics?  I wonder if there is a plugin or something interfering with the recycle bin plugin operation.

I just installed the plugin tonight on 6.3.5 and had the same issue. Deleted files would not be logged or put in the recycled folder. I tried stopping/restarting the array but that did not have an effect as well as stop/starting the recycle bin on the settings page. Running the `

/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/recycle.bin/scripts/configure_recycle_bin

and running samba restart twice

/usr/local/sbin/samba restart

Got it working for me too. I do not know how to find the /etc/samba/smb-shares.conf file so I do not know if the recycle bin entries were in it or not. I'm happy it's working now but wanted to let you know that it didn't work without manually running these commands.  My setup is fairly simple with only a few plugins:

• CA Auto Update Applications
  • CA Backup / Restore Appdata
  • CA Cleanup Appdata
  • Command Line Tool
  • Community Applications
  • Dynamix System Buttons
  • Dynamix System Information
  • Dynamix System Statistics
  • Dynamix webGui
  • Recycle Bin
  • Useful Links

Your experience with the recycle bin plugin is not normal.  I cannot reproduce your issue and will not be able to do anything about it until/when I can reproduce it.

The recycle bin plugin depends on unRAID to initiate an event to allow the recycle bin parameters to be added to shares.  I have no control over the triggering of this event.

I suspect there is a plugin or something interfering.

@dlandon quick question, will the schedule cleaner delete everything in the .Recycle.Bin folder, even if it wasn't placed there by the plugin/removing from Samba?

4 minutes ago, dee31797 said:

@dlandon quick question, will the schedule cleaner delete everything in the .Recycle.Bin folder, even if it wasn't placed there by the plugin/removing from Samba?

Yes.