[Support] Linuxserver.io - Headphones

10 hours ago, CHBMB said:

I'm not sure headphones supports that

Thanks for the reply. I've seen online that you can do it using a reverse proxy? I couldn't find anything relating to either Apache or nginx though. I'm not entirely clued up about all of this though. My other alternative is that i've got a tomato router, with a VPN on it and to route that port through.. But.. Stumped on that too!

Kind Regards,

-Keanu

40 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

A reverse proxy is completely different.  That's a way of accessing things remotely without opening the port.

Thanks for clearing that up! Will look into the other alternative of porting it through a vpn. :)

Thanks,

• 1 month later...

any progress on the segfaulting?

[edit] is there anyway to disable to the image loading to atleast work around the segfaulting?

[EDIT] OMG it's fixed!  thank you to whoever was responsible for the latest update :-*

.... spoke too soon, just segfaulted.. although it seems much improved, as i was able to add 2 artists and have all albums and artwork download quickly.

Edited by reggierat
  • 1 month later...

What's the best way to migrate from the plugin to the docker?  I replaced two drives and had to restore appdata, now I can't seem to get headphones to work in the plugin, keeps telling me its not installed.  I've tried to uninstall the plugin and reinstall it, but to no avail.   I'd like to install this docker and move my appdata over, but I can't get the docker version to work.  I can install it, I see that its running in my dashboard,  but I can't access the GUI.  What can I do to not have to go through my entire music collection again?  Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/14/2017 at 9:07 AM, Naldinho said:

Certainly.

rblBop0.png

Both Move When Completed and Music Download Directory are set to /downloads/Music

This was after a few tries experimenting and it works as I expect -- files end up where they are supposed to be.

I don't believe it is a paths issue since clicking on Force Post-Process Albums in Download Folder works. The problem seems to be that whatever is supposed to trigger that process automatically never fires.

I've been having the same issue.  I still can't figure it out! :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/10/2017 at 10:18 AM, tucansam said:

Confirmed?  I used this a while back, it wasn't great, and I want to try again.  Is it not supported at all anymore?

Don't get me wrong.. it does kind of work, but it also crashes repeatedly. It used to work brilliantly, not so much these days:(

Edited by reggierat
  • 1 month later...

Well this is running fantastically.

But, its dog slow on a quad-core i5.  I have a couple hundred artists put in right now, and it froze the unraid GUI, the docker GUI, and the headphones GUI.  I went and made a cup of coffee and checked the mail and came back, and the GUI was responsive again.  But doing anything in headphones (adding an artist, clicking through the tabs, etc) takes 5-10 minutes for any one single operation to complete.

Is there any way to speed this up?

ETA

My headphones.db file is 288MB in size.  Stopping the docker inside the unraid GUI has no effect.  I've had "docker stop headphones" running for almost 20 minutes now, no effect.  The docker appears to be completely hung.  Is this a database size issue?  

Edited by tucansam

Thanks.  I don't have a cache drive.  My app drive is an SSD with a ton of free space, and my downloads drive is a spinner, with tons of free space.

I deleted headphones.db and it ran fine for a while, I didn't have it index my music, now the database is only a few MBs in size but the app is still essentially frozen.

1 hour ago, tucansam said:

A serious question for you all.  How many artists and songs are you searching?  Have you had headphones scan your entire library?  It continues to be dog slow and crash for me.

My library has just over a 1000 artists with about 27K songs
I'm also using a local Musicbrainz instance (docker) to keep speeds up, while my server has a decent amount of grunt, so the weakest link is my case is internet speed while fetching artist/album art.