[Plug-In] NUT - Network UPS Tools

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/19/2017 at 4:21 PM, dmacias said:

The details page is hard coded to this
/usr/bin/upsc ups@$nut_ip to get an array of values.

Ah, ha! I also was having issues where the upsmon slave (unRaid) was successfully connecting to my NUT master (pfSense box) but not showing any details at all in unRaid. It was the hardcoded ups name 'ups'. I had set a custom name for the master on pfSense. Changing this back to 'ups' in pfSense resolved the details not showing.

Would love to see some expansion on this in the GUI. NUT allows the ability to monitor multiple (redundant) UPSs, so it would be helpful to be able to set custom names for our devices and still have the details shown.
Pretty sure I read that you are only able to show details from 1 of the monitored devices, so perhaps show the first MONITOR entry in upsmon.conf or a dropdown in the GUI to select which monitored device to show details for.

Thanks for any consideration and thanks for the plugin!!!

• Upvote 1

Ah, ha! I also was having issues where the upsmon slave (unRaid) was successfully connecting to my NUT master (pfSense box) but not showing any details at all in unRaid. It was the hardcoded ups name 'ups'. I had set a custom name for the master on pfSense. Changing this back to 'ups' in pfSense resolved the details not showing.

Would love to see some expansion on this in the GUI. NUT allows the ability to monitor multiple (redundant) UPSs, so it would be helpful to be able to set custom names for our devices and still have the details shown.
Pretty sure I read that you are only able to show details from 1 of the monitored devices, so perhaps show the first MONITOR entry in upsmon.conf or a dropdown in the GUI to select which monitored device to show details for.

Thanks for any consideration and thanks for the plugin!!!
The hard coded ups name is left over from the original plugin. I'll see if I can add a ups name field to the settings. I'll see what I can do about multiple ups in the details.
  • 5 weeks later...
9 hours ago, dmacias said:
On 9/15/2017 at 10:55 PM, etsi said:
How to avoid these alerts "UPS ups@localhost battery is low" ? I'm getting these alerts when the load is high and the runtime left is very low. But I don't care to receive such alerts when the power is on.

How are you receiving the alerts?

I receive them while logged in via ssh terminal.