[Support] Linuxserver.io - Plex Media Server

On 14/03/2017 at 3:44 AM, KcWeBBy said:

I have had this docker working for some time now, but I am now seeing an influx of:

Sqlite3: Sleeping for 200ms to retry busy DB. 

In the Log file.

I've launched a console and tried to run some troubleshooting commands to see if it was a corrupted database, but it doesn't appear that the sqlite3 binary is available?

Any help would be great, this is causing some crashes/lock ups as it can't access the database for some time (until I restart the docker, which probably doesn't help the database health)

Thanks

I've seen this, was fixed by optimising the database.

On 3/18/2017 at 5:06 PM, Endda said:

I just got Plex DVR setup on my unRAID box with this docker image and started testing recorded shows.

The thing is, I am unable to delete any recorded shows from a Windows explorer window. If I enable the delete feature within Plex, I can then delete recorded shows from within the Plex player, but i still can't delete them from the Windows explorer window

I'm being told that I require permission from Unix\999 to make changes to this folder/file (as shown in the attached image). Any idea what is going on here and how I could fix it?

This is preventing me to from running MCEBuddy from my desktop PC to cut out commercials from my unRAID PC (two different PCs).

Image 002.png

You can run a script from the command prompt to reset the permissions. Unraid comes with one (at least it used to) called "newperms". You can specify a path, otherwise it processes every disk + cache resetting ownership and permissions.

I did a little edit (call it mynewperms) and store it on my flash disk that does not do the sync at the end (the sync spins up all of the disks).

So I type:

/boot/mynewperms .

and it processes the current directory.

But you could run (for example):

/boot/mynewperms /mnt/user/tvshows

You may already be doing something similar, but if not, this will at least keep you going until you get a more permanent solution.

It is usually advised to use the "Docker Safe New Perms" that gets installed in the "Tools" tab on unRAID with the Fix Common Problems plugin. That one is safe to do when your appdata directory is on your cache drive and you want to either do ALL drives or you want to just do the cache drive.

I'm having some issues a bit back. I havent made any changes to Plex in the container just did the updates.

Now i can't access the webgui from my local network. It seems to work through plex.tv.

Here is the code when i check the settings and do update

/usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name="plex" --net="host" -e TZ="Europe/Berlin" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -e "PUID"="99" -e "PGID"="100" -e "VERSION"="latest" -v "/mnt/user/Library/":"/Library":rw -v "/mnt/user/Transcodeplex/":"/transcode":rw -v "/mnt/user/appdata/plex":"/config":rw

Here is the log for plex. This is the only warning i can see.

dbus[291]: [system] org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied: Failed to set fd limit to 65536: Operation not permitted
Starting Avahi daemon
Found user 'avahi' (UID 106) and group 'avahi' (GID 107).
Successfully dropped root privileges.
avahi-daemon 0.6.32-rc starting up.
No service file found in /etc/avahi/services.
*** WARNING: Detected another IPv4 mDNS stack running on this host. This makes mDNS unreliable and is thus not recommended. ***
socket() failed: Address family not supported by protocol
Failed to create IPv6 socket, proceeding in IPv4 only mode
socket() failed: Address family not supported by protocol

I have tried to search for something similar but couldn't find a answer. Hope someone can help me here

I have a remote unRAID server that only has a public IP assigned on a dedicated server - I can install the Plex docker ok - but I can't seem to adopt the server into my Plex account when I login through the WebUI.  I believe this is because of the public IP address as I seem to remember the first login needs to be on a local subnet before you can then enable remote access in the server settings once its linked to your account.

Is there anyway of adopting the server with this configuration - I'm assuming this is something to do with the Plex token?

Thanks!

Is there no firewall between your plex server and the internet? Typically a internet facing server is setup like this:

Server with internal IP 192.168.x.x ======> lan facing firewall port or gateway======>firewall with internet facing port NAT'ing public IP to internal IP and port

Are you saying your unRAID server is on the internet without firewall protection?

47 minutes ago, fastknight said:

I have a remote unRAID server that only has a public IP assigned on a dedicated server - I can install the Plex docker ok - but I can't seem to adopt the server into my Plex account when I login through the WebUI.  I believe this is because of the public IP address as I seem to remember the first login needs to be on a local subnet before you can then enable remote access in the server settings once its linked to your account.

Is there anyway of adopting the server with this configuration - I'm assuming this is something to do with the Plex token?

Thanks!

I replied in your other thread.  You are currently having hundreds of hack attempts being made.  Doesn't matter how strong your root password is.  An attempt will eventually guess it and then you're pooched...

43 minutes ago, Squid said:

I replied in your other thread.  You are currently having hundreds of hack attempts being made.  Doesn't matter how strong your root password is.  An attempt will eventually guess it and then you're pooched...

Its normal for all servers to be under endless attack though.. 

Anyway - this thread was about Plex - not about hack attempts which I expect and can fend off with some well crafted firewall rules for filtering on source IPs.  I've never tried running unRAID on a public IP before so its interesting to see if it holds up - its just an experiment and no critical data on there - if it can't cope I'll just revert back to Ubuntu.

Thanks though.

unRAID is not hardened and so therefore not meant to be internet facing. Your experiment is no different then putting a windows 10 box on the internet to see how quickly it will be compromised, except maybe that linux has a few less ports open by default. I don't really see the point of the experiment.

1 hour ago, fastknight said:

Anyway - this thread was about Plex - not about hack attempts which I expect and can fend off with some well crafted firewall rules for filtering on source IPs.  I've never tried running unRAID on a public IP before so its interesting to see if it holds up - its just an experiment and no critical data on there - if it can't cope I'll just revert back to Ubuntu.

Thanks though.

Bear in mind that some of the files in /config may have identifying info in there......
I wouldn't personally do what you're doing either, but you're free to do so...

Yeah, except my public web servers are using passwordless ssh logins and are running fail2ban to ban repeat offenders and dos'ers.

Does unraid even do anything about brute force attempts?

I once got a virus that disabled all power saving and sleep settings on my laptop, ran it full speed until it brute forced my router admin password, then changed the dns settings to inject ads to all websites visited from all computers at home. It was quite brilliant

4 hours ago, ashman70 said:

unRAID is not hardened and so therefore not meant to be internet facing. Your experiment is no different then putting a windows 10 box on the internet to see how quickly it will be compromised, except maybe that linux has a few less ports open by default. I don't really see the point of the experiment.

Its not an experiment to see how quickly it gets hacked - its an experiment to see if it can be a viable media server.

If its properly firewalled then I think it will work well.  But all the points on it not being hardened are well noted.

2 hours ago, aptalca said:

Yeah, except my public web servers are using passwordless ssh logins and are running fail2ban to ban repeat offenders and dos'ers.

Does unraid even do anything about brute force attempts?

I once got a virus that disabled all power saving and sleep settings on my laptop, ran it full speed until it brute forced my router admin password, then changed the dns settings to inject ads to all websites visited from all computers at home. It was quite brilliant

Nope - seems to just log all the failed logins which is fair enough - I dont think its been intended for using a public IP - but given how great a system it is it should be!

17 minutes ago, fastknight said:

Nope - seems to just log all the failed logins which is fair enough - I dont think its been intended for using a public IP - but given how great a system it is it should be!

It's definitely not intended for using a public IP with.  

3 hours ago, fastknight said:

seems to just log all the failed logins which is fair enough

Not only is this bad stuff going on, but it is needless and useless stuff going on which will have some effect on performance. And it will quickly fill up your log space, another problem in itself.

These are bots. They are ubiquitous and relentless. Don't play here.

15 minutes ago, eric.frederich said:

I have this installed... how do I log in?  Are there instructions somewhere?  I tried using my unRAID usernames/passwords... didn't work.

There's links to the github and docker site in the first post which has an extensive readme.

15 minutes ago, eric.frederich said:

Also, I feel like there should be some information on the front page describing how this is different from the LimeTech plex server.

Why don't you ask them to describe how theirs is different to ours?  I prefer that option.  Ultimately they all download the same binary.

Edited by CHBMB
  • Upvote 1
38 minutes ago, eric.frederich said:

I have this installed... how do I log in?  Are there instructions somewhere?  I tried using my unRAID usernames/passwords... didn't work.

Also, I feel like there should be some information on the front page describing how this is different from the LimeTech plex server.

What exactly are you trying to login to? If you're trying to login to Plex you would login using the account you have at Plex.

• Upvote 2

I am caught a little bit short here... I have been having issues with plex of recent... I have installed and reinstalled the docker and phaze versions of plex and they are all stuck at the "plex" logo before accessing the login page for plex... ie this is a fresh install...

I have changed the directories to where they are installed

rebooted the server

insured that I had the lastest versions of all...

But I am still stuck on that screen... Anyone have any ideas as to why it is stuck on this screen???

Edited by mathomas3
23 minutes ago, mathomas3 said:

I am caught a little bit short here... I have been having issues with plex of recent... I have installed and reinstalled the docker and phaze versions of plex and they are all stuck at the "plex" logo before accessing the login page for plex... ie this is a fresh install...

I have changed the directories to where they are installed

rebooted the server

insured that I had the lastest versions of all...

But I am still stuck on that screen... Anyone have any ideas as to why it is stuck on this screen???

Does your server have internet access?

1 hour ago, trurl said:

Does your server have internet access?

yes it does... the only that that is amiss about the server of recent... replaced a data disk that also needed to have it's tree rebuilt... and shortly after that the parity drive failed... 

I just put in the new parity drive and it's building now... so I would understand if things ran slowly... but... it's had enough time to settle that plex should be responsive... 

Also... the Phaze plugin version has the same issue... the only strange thing there that I can point out is that it's reporting the following....

"

Total Storage Usage: 9479 MB

• Install Directory: 4862 MB
  • Config Directory: 4617 MB
  • Transcode Directory: 0 MB

"

on a new install...