[Support] Linuxserver.io - Plex Media Server

6 minutes ago, urbanracer34 said:

I just updated plex from your repository and something messed up with docker and now I have an orphan image. I didn't have the docker patch installed but I do now. How can I restore my data? I put in a lot of work into my Plex setup and I don't want it to be forever lost. 

Read the first post in the Docker Patch support thread - should get you back up and running.

• Like 1
On 2/14/2024 at 9:07 PM, Marc Bush said:

The remote access screen still shows as not available, and when you press retry on the manual port it will go green for about 10s saying it is accessible and then change to not accessible.

That's a normal behavior - i have this with my IPFire router since years 👍

This does not affect accessibility from outside.

Edited by Zonediver
1 minute ago, Cessquill said:

Read the first post in the Docker Patch support thread - should get you back up and running.

So I have an add container open for the Plex Docker: 1527872129_Screenshot2024-02-26at11_11_56AM.thumb.jpg.c8958a1d4e1000bd002a81167ffbdc22.jpg

This is what I have set up currently. I have not committed yet. Are you saying I just leave all the parameters alone (erase everything I have put in above) and create the docker? Or is what I have set up above required to restore my data? 

9 minutes ago, urbanracer34 said:

So I have an add container open for the Plex Docker: 1527872129_Screenshot2024-02-26at11_11_56AM.thumb.jpg.c8958a1d4e1000bd002a81167ffbdc22.jpg

This is what I have set up currently. I have not committed yet. Are you saying I just leave all the parameters alone (erase everything I have put in above) and create the docker? Or is what I have set up above required to restore my data? 

When you hit Apply on the Docker edit screen, what does the resulting pop-up show for text?

Could this be related to the empty fields in the Plex Docker config improperly being populated as ":" or something and causing the Docker to fail to create.  I remember seeing something like that earlier in this thread and I think the solution was to either "Remove" the empty variables you aren't using, or just put in some dummy paths in there.

Luckily form the Docker Tab and click "Add Container" at the bottom, you should have a drop-down list of your previously configured Dockers so you can re-select the Plex one and make changes as required.

3 minutes ago, axipher said:

When you hit Apply on the Docker edit screen, what does the resulting pop-up show for text?

Could this be related to the empty fields in the Plex Docker config improperly being populated as ":" or something and causing the Docker to fail to create.  I remember seeing something like that earlier in this thread and I think the solution was to either "Remove" the empty variables you aren't using, or just put in some dummy paths in there.

Luckily form the Docker Tab and click "Add Container" at the bottom, you should have a drop-down list of your previously configured Dockers so you can re-select the Plex one and make changes as required.

So you are saying I should run the add command with the parameters I entered in above and see how it goes? 

57 minutes ago, Potter86 said:

I think the latest update killed everything. 

I am having the same issue currently. I updated last night and went to watch a show to only see nothing there. Plex is gone.

Was your Plex docker gone also?  I have no idea what happened to mine

3 minutes ago, wgstarks said:

Mine seems to work just fine after the latest update. Everyone does need to delete empty paths with the current version of unRAID though.

Or have the Docker Patch plugin installed.  I know it's standard practice for some, but I'm reluctant to delete empty paths, just in case I need them in the future.

My update went OK too, although for a while yesterday my libraries were showing as unavailable.  Came back after about 15 minutes though.

39 minutes ago, Cessquill said:

Or have the Docker Patch plugin installed.  I know it's standard practice for some, but I'm reluctant to delete empty paths, just in case I need them in the future.

My update went OK too, although for a while yesterday my libraries were showing as unavailable.  Came back after about 15 minutes though.

Same, after the recent Plex Update, I went to watch a show and the episode said "Unavailable" when I first tried to watch it.

I just restarted the Plex docker instance and everything worked fine.

Must have been some weird bug on first launch after the update not properly setting up the volume maps or something.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys,

Im new at UnRaid and at Plex Server and not spoken english person, so please forgive my noob questions: today plex server linuxserver.io V 4.123.2 notified a new update available, like in past i fly to setting / general to make the update, but this time "the update button" is gone and in is place was a "manual update is needed" link.

plexUPD.thumb.png.a9dd2e1e31bf35a2f3fa3765da2f90f3.png
Clicking on it i have this screen but i dont know how to do for going through the manual update.

Can someone point the right steps to execute for updating my plex docker?

Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

Good afternoon,  I working on moving from a windows computer running plex over to unraid with plex.  I have a few video files that work with no issues on the windows computer, however they just sit on buffering on the Plex app under Unraid.  the video files are KMV.  Both devices are not running Video cards,  I had a video card in the computer to see if it would make a different under plex after going though the Nvidia settings and that did not make a difference. Any suggestions?

2 hours ago, steve1977 said:

Since last week's update, Plex stopped working. When checking the logs, I see the following error message. Running for several days though, so I doubt it is actually migrating anything. Any thoughts?

your database may is corrupt, either use a backup from your plex appdata or look at the plex web help desk howto repair ...

1 hour ago, Shadowmists said:

Any suggestions?

may start with some more infos ...

I have a few video files that work with no issues on the windows computer

assuming you mean running Plex Server on your win mashine, how are you trying to play them ?

Browser ? Plex Client App on ... ?

however they just sit on buffering on the Plex app under Unraid.

Plex App is usually a client App, i guess you mean Browser ?

the video files are KMV.

assuming you mean .mkv ... which doesnt mean anything, mkv is a container format which can include

mpeg2, AVC h264, hevc x265, ... any kind of audio ... and so on ...

Both devices are not running Video cards,

be a little more specific ;) assuming both "Servers", Windows and Unraid ...

I had a video card in the computer to see if it would make a different under plex after going though the Nvidia settings and that did not make a difference.

which settings and where, Nvidia plugin Settings ? Plex Settings related to transcode? ..

bringing it together, your Plex Server also has a log section (webui), so when you try to playback something there should be happening something ... to may get an idea what could be wrong ...

Hello, I seem to be among those that upgraded to 6.12.8 (from 6.11) and afterward the Plex docker dissapeared. I reinstalled and it now indicates that my media is unavailable.  I have tried the following with no success:

1. Installed Docker Patch 6.12.8, uninstalled and reinstalled plex. 

2. Checked the plex database following video from spaceinvaderone, it says its ok

3. Tried clicking rescan in plex

4.  Had a look in the logs but frankly I am not sure what I am looking for.

Happy to upload any additional information.  Thank you in advance.

Edited by dubbly