[Support] Linuxserver.io - Plex Media Server

It seems like it will pull the image but not completely install it because after I pull it if I open another tab the container will show up but when I open the webui that's when I get the cannot load this page.  So far it only does it on PlexMediaServer containers.  Nothing else.  Plexpy, grafana, glances, plexrequests, beets, nextcloud.  They all work

Out of interest, is it only our version of Plex?

Surprisingly no.  I've tried needo, limetechs, and binhex.  All the same issue.  I have a feeling my new 10gig connection is the culprit.

It seems like it will pull the image but not completely install it because after I pull it if I open another tab the container will show up but when I open the webui that's when I get the cannot load this page.  So far it only does it on PlexMediaServer containers.  Nothing else.  Plexpy, grafana, glances, plexrequests, beets, nextcloud.  They all work

Out of interest, is it only our version of Plex?

Surprisingly no.  I've tried needo, limetechs, and binhex.  All the same issue.  I have a feeling my new 10gig connection is the culprit.

Yeah, I don't think there's anything on our end we can do about this one. 

Just a quick note for older Roku users, the newest plex (1.2.6.2975) seems to break the audio output on these roku devices. My roku 4 still works but anything below that has issues depending on the audio type. The plex forums say we are going to have to wait until the next release, in the meantime some people have rolled back.

I have to ask how this would be done, could I simply put ver 1.1.4 (as an example) in the version variable and it will pull that version and I wont lose my settings, although I wont be too upset to lose setting since I just rebuilt it two days ago.

Just a quick note for older Roku users, the newest plex (1.2.6.2975) seems to break the audio output on these roku devices. My roku 4 still works but anything below that has issues depending on the audio type. The plex forums say we are going to have to wait until the next release, in the meantime some people have rolled back.

I have to ask how this would be done, could I simply put ver 1.1.4 (as an example) in the version variable and it will pull that version and I wont lose my settings, although I wont be too upset to lose setting since I just rebuilt it two days ago.

https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-plex#setting-up-the-application

Hey y'all.

I trully doubt this is a container issue, and just a "me" and/or Plex issue, but I figure I'd ask in any case.

I've got a lot of videos (generally movie length files) crapping out halfway through. The video just stops and goes back to the selection screen.

I thought it was a transcode issue since I had it's folder pointed to /tmp, but I canched it to now point at the cache/ssd but the issue seems to continue.

Of course it is possible it is the files, but it is happening with too many files, and the source is trustworthy to the point if the videos were bad they'd be pulled.

Thanks for any help getting in the right direction.

Hey y'all.

I trully doubt this is a container issue, and just a "me" and/or Plex issue, but I figure I'd ask in any case.

I've got a lot of videos (generally movie length files) crapping out halfway through. The video just stops and goes back to the selection screen.

I thought it was a transcode issue since I had it's folder pointed to /tmp, but I canched it to now point at the cache/ssd but the issue seems to continue.

Of course it is possible it is the files, but it is happening with too many files, and the source is trustworthy to the point if the videos were bad they'd be pulled.

Thanks for any help getting in the right direction.

I had a similar issue that I narrowed down to being larger (6 GB+) movie files. Never happened on smaller files like TV episodes. Most of mine are MKV. Also it only happened on my Roku 3. Granted I only watched longer stuff using the Roku so it might have affected others but IDK.

Forum searches on both sites turned up Plex pointing finger at Roku firmware version and Roku pointing finger at Plex for transcode errors. I waited for a while with neither camp providing a fix.

So I bought new Roku Ultra & Premiere+. These are the new Rokus (a Roku "5" if you will). Installed both (with only settings change being auto-login) and no more pauses or getting kicked out to selection screen. Granted there are other issues these are having (slight delay when starting film where no sound, verified by preamp OSD saying "no audio" and some flashing when switching between resolutions).

So my guess is the fix for my issue was either of the following two things or maybe the combination.

1. new Roku hardware

2. default Plex settings on Roku

Getting a spinning "Looking for servers" and "Get your Plex Media Server" page upon first and all subsequent logins, no matter how many times I restart the docker container.  Also, I don't see a Server tab under Settings.

Can you post your docker run command?  Link in my sigs...

Getting a spinning "Looking for servers" and "Get your Plex Media Server" page upon first and all subsequent logins, no matter how many times I restart the docker container.  Also, I don't see a Server tab under Settings.

Sure it's:

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name="plex" --net="host" -e TZ="America/Phoenix" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -e "PUID"="99" -e "PGID"="100" -e "VERSION"="latest" -v "/mnt/user/TV":"/media/tv":rw -v "/mnt/user/Movies":"/media/movies":rw -v "/mnt/user/appdata/plex":"/config":rw linuxserver/plex
f2cbd54fc7457b4527823fcc0293a12c672abbb1c5d69d356ace69684535800b

But I suspect reply 411 upthread will resolve my issue.  Turns out you can't successfully pull a Plex taken if accessing over VPN.  I'm not at home while I'm trying to do this, so here's hoping :)

Sure it's:

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name="plex" --net="host" -e TZ="America/Phoenix" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -e "PUID"="99" -e "PGID"="100" -e "VERSION"="latest" -v "/mnt/user/TV":"/media/tv":rw -v "/mnt/user/Movies":"/media/movies":rw -v "/mnt/user/appdata/plex":"/config":rw linuxserver/plex
f2cbd54fc7457b4527823fcc0293a12c672abbb1c5d69d356ace69684535800b

But I suspect reply 411 upthread will resolve my issue.  Turns out you can't successfully pull a Plex taken if accessing over VPN.  I'm not at home while I'm trying to do this, so here's hoping :)

Your docker run command looks fine, so yeah try it not over the VPN....

Your docker run command looks fine, so yeah try it not over the VPN....

Going home and getting on the wifi absolutely worked.  Plex launched and instantly went in to "server mode" or whatever you would call it. 

Then as I left, I realized that this may have worked if I had tried going to http://mypublicIP:32400/web I just didn't think of that when I was pulling out my hair last night :)

having a slight issue with cammra upload to my beta version of plex , it wont upload no error just does not upload first file

not i changed folder location for file upload and it worked and uploaded files but now i can not see the images or video , so not to sure its like no permissions to write to the folder it makes

any help will be great i tryed on ios and android ios flickers 13-15% and does nothink

having a slight issue with cammra upload to my beta version of plex , it wont upload no error just does not upload first file

not i changed folder location for file upload and it worked and uploaded files but now i can not see the images or video , so not to sure its like no permissions to write to the folder it makes

any help will be great i tryed on ios and android ios flickers 13-15% and does nothink

This may not be a docker issue.  Have you tried the Plex forums for help?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Hello,

I'm still new with unraid and docker applications. I installed plex from linuxserver.io repo and everything was working fine, but was not able to enable external access so I stop the plex server, remove it from docker and deleted appdata/plex directory and also appdata/docker/docker.img.

Recreate docker.img and install plex and now when I go to plex web console it say server not found.

Can someone please help.

Thank you :'(

Hello,

I'm still new with unraid and docker applications. I installed plex from linuxserver.io repo and everything was working fine, but was not able to enable external access so I stop the plex server, remove it from docker and deleted appdata/plex directory and also appdata/docker/docker.img.

Recreate docker.img and install plex and now when I go to plex web console it say server not found.

Can someone please help.

Thank you :'(

Can you post more information, Unraid version, Docker run command and docker logs.  Plus any Plex logs.  Docker run and docker logs both can be found by looking at the link in my sig.  Plex logs can be found in

appdata/plex/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Logs

Thank you but I redoing whole server and want to know if following placement of files is correct:

appdata share is set for cache only

docker.img file /mnt/cache/appdata/docker.img

plex docker /mnt/user/appdata/docker/

What about system share currently by default is set to use all disk. please advice proper locations if I am doing correctly.

Thanks,

Thank you but I redoing whole server and want to know if following placement of files is correct:

appdata share is set for cache only

docker.img file /mnt/cache/appdata/docker.img

plex docker /mnt/user/appdata/docker/

What about system share currently by default is set to use all disk. please advice proper locations if I am doing correctly.

Thanks,

Yes, but this won't necessarily solve your problem.  If you deleted the appdata previously and deleted the docker image/container then that's all you need to wipe.  The Unraid OS has no bearing on your Plex problem.  I think redoing your whole server is unnecessary,