[Support] Linuxserver.io - Plex Media Server

I would like some help on this as well. I'm a plex pass user and being that I'm not familiar with changing version numbers to get the latest patch, I could use a little assistance. I have even downloaded the file for unraid but I have no idea on how to install the update.

OK, it's the full version string, with the hyphenated numbers at the end.  basically all the numbers in the filename string from the one you downloaded...  To edit the version bring up the docker and slide the advanced view bar...

I had an additional problem in that when I did this, one of the elements of the init script was hanging.

usermod -o -u 99 abc

in 10-adduser... I needed to kill this to get it to proceed...

I am having the same issue that kamhighway had at the start of August.

I installed using Community Applications

I added volume mappings of /media  /mnt/user/Media/ and /config  /mnt/cache/appdata/

The docker seems to be working except I can't claim the server. I keep getting an error saying there was a problem signing into to Plex.

When kamhighway had this issue his reported resolution was upgrading unRaid to one of the RC versions but the comment directly under that post claimed that could not be the issue.

I've tried using the Plex Server log file -- a little out of my level but I believe I am getting a 406 Not Acceptable error.

Can anyone give me some assistance?

@Naldinho,

When I had the problem I learned that in Unraid 6.2 they had upgraded the version of Docker.  I don't know what the new version of Docker changed, but I was told the dockers were backward compatible to the version included with 6.1.9.  I don't think that is true in all cases -- but smarter people than me have said so.

After nuking the docker and reinstalling it fresh, I still had the same problem.  That's when I decided to upgrade to 6.2 to test the assertion that it could not be the problem. 

All I can tell you is that after upgrading to 6.2, the docker started working.

Not sure how to remove the docker.img but I'll google it later -- I pressed scrub in the docker settings which seems like a likely candidate.

I completely removed the docker and started again -- no longer getting the layer mismatch but docker says it is up to date but once I go to PlexServer I get a message saying I should upgrade to Version 1.0.3.2461 so the docker is not detecting that the installed version is not the most current.

I also noticed that I get a Problem Saving Settings error when I first start the docker after a clean install. It won't let me save the name of the server. If I close the browser and return the server name has been saved and I then have the inability to claim the server.

I tried installing the Limetech PlexServer docker and I have the same issues.

I know how port forwarding works -- the problem is that it isn't working which makes me think there must be something special about dockers. I've been googling for a couple of hours with no luck.

I currently have the PlexServer port forwarded to the same port on the IP of the unRaid server.

There's nothing special about dockers.  The biggie here is that if you have a modem with a built-in router, and then a "real" router after that, nothing is going to work.  You'll have to stick your modem into bridge mode (which means it only acts as a modem period) and then setup your real router to log in to the modem, etc

I know how port forwarding works -- the problem is that it isn't working which makes me think there must be something special about dockers. I've been googling for a couple of hours with no luck.

I currently have the PlexServer port forwarded to the same port on the IP of the unRaid server.

There's nothing special about dockers.  The biggie here is that if you have a modem with a built-in router, and then a "real" router after that, nothing is going to work.  You'll have to stick your modem into bridge mode (which means it only acts as a modem period) and then setup your real router to log in to the modem, etc

Thanks.

My modem is bridged and I am using Sophos as a router.

Basically what I'm looking for is confirmation that I don't need to do anything to the docker config (I see options to add ports) and that just the standard install using Community Applications gets me a working Plex Server -- if that is the case then the issue is with my firewall setup and I'll devote time to figuring that out. I just don't want to waste a bunch of time if the answer is dockers get assigned a unique IP like VMs or you need to do something with add ports in the docker config.

Needs to be forwarded to the port Plex is on. Default is 32400. Plex has capability to set it automatically. That's how mine worked at least. Using Actiontec FiOS modem.

Needs to be forwarded to the port Plex is on. Default is 32400. Plex has capability to set it automatically. That's how mine worked at least. Using Actiontec FiOS modem.

Programs can only set port forwarding automatically if you have UPnP enabled which I don't. That said I know how to forward ports manually and I have forwarded port 32400 to the unRaid IP but it just isn't working.

This actually doesn't turn out to be as big a deal though since I mostly just want to be able to access my PlexServer located at home from the office and even without remote connection that seems to not be an issue as Plex clients can detect the PlexServer over the site-to-site vpn which I didn't think would be the case. This covers 99.9% of my use. It would be nice to have remote for that rare instance when I'm in some small town hotel with nothing to do but for now I've moved on to failing at getting Deluge to work as a docker. I'm really starting to think I should have just went with a VM as I'm having no success with dockers.

Have you ticked the "Manually specify public port" option on plex?

I've tried it checked and unchecked.

The strange part about this is that results change even when nothing changes. Most of the time I get unknown IP for both and two x but sometimes I get an IP for public and once I even got an IP for Private and the x changed to a checkmark but no internet. I didn't change anything and just pressed refresh and both went back to unknown IP.